The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Well, right now I'm working on The Dark Moods' first single. Should be out in stores sometime this spring. You should check out their debut album as well when it comes- The Bridgeport Bandit Rock Opera.:)

VIDEO LINK

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

@ ocn: Cool sound - could be the sound of the 'credits' (I like the ending^^)

Thanks. The Dark Moods were of course a joke, and in no way related to any WIP. The track itself however will be part of my royalty free music library when it's done (w/o any voice overs... sadly.)

@Shadowhide: Nice work.

That room looks very comfy. Two minor artistic suggestions though:

1. Add some more details to the fireplace. It just looks too much like BSP.
  2. Use a different floor texture. I think it's too bright compared to the rest. Maybe some darker planks?

I was considering creating a trailer thread in the Fan Missions section, but since these are pretty rare I'm gonna post it here.

Ocn made an übercool trailer for my upcoming mission. Here, check it out:

nbohr might be interested in putting this in moddb, since there videos are king.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I certainly am interested. :)

The big problem with Moddb (other than the "Authorization" delay) is that Video must be uploaded as a file unless you create an Article or News feature to embed a youtube into...

They want to control the traffic and delivery...

PM on it's way.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see as intro movies to missions.

So how did you actually make it, ocn?

Well, it's just some Fraps clips of Sotha's amazing map, some soundeffects and music mixed together. Oh, and some fairy dust of course.:P

My unnamed canal map is part of "The Wordless Book" campaign and basically runs along the lines Oak Village - rogues and undead map, Oak Bank - Thieves guild type mission, Abandoned Orders - some undead and some living AI, Drake's Hole - gem mine/Inquisition prison map, Skytop - mage mission. Basically you've been hired by lord shipping to investigate one of the warehouses in his big warehouse complex, then wanders off into making sure someone dodgy doesn't get hold of the wordless book, a rather powerful artifact that can level mountains.