The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

As Im long overdue for a screenshot, here is something Im currently working on

The more graveyards / potential undead horrors I see, the better! Looking good! >:-)

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

There are going to be loads of undead, so the gameplay will be challenging. Along with a small story and some loot.

I had a dream last night that I played it but it was so full of zombies even I couldn't get past the first section! x-D

also the story changed some times and 7upMan is hard working (hopefully...an 7upMan: scherz) on this point.

LOL I'm really working on this.

Also, how's the status on the pagan AIs? I do remember that there is at least one model. Is it in working condition? Even better, can it have different heads, to increase the numbers?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Also, how's the status on the pagan AIs? I do remember that there is at least one model. Is it in working condition? Even better, can it have different heads, to increase the numbers?

There is only one pagan model in game atm. It can swap heads (though there is only one distinctively pagan head). There is another pagan warrior model that needs to be rigged, but I haven't made it a priority as we have no pagan vocals. Someone was working on a script for male pagans, but I never saw a completed version. I wrote up one for female pagans and gave it to someone, but they never got back to me.

The main question is: can the existing model fight? Also, what weapons are in the game that a pagan AI could use?

Superb conversation vid by Mortem...

@nbohr1more, dude you gotta put this up on moddb.

@Springs, you gotta post this on the main website

Aside from some timing of the responses during the beginning that was awesome! I love how the two of them walk and talk together. :wub:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The main question is: can the existing model fight? Also, what weapons are in the game that a pagan AI could use?

Yes. He currently has a hand axe. I'm not sure what other pagan-ish weapons are ready for use...I think there's a rough spiked club.

There is only one pagan model in game atm. It can swap heads (though there is only one distinctively pagan head). There is another pagan warrior model that needs to be rigged

So to sum this up: There is one fully-rigged pagan model, and another one that is not rigged and can only be used as a corpse? What about the female, you said that you wrote vocal linesfor a female pagan. Does this female model already exist, or did you do it in advance?

So to sum this up: There is one fully-rigged pagan model, and another one that is not rigged and can only be used as a corpse? What about the female, you said that you wrote vocal linesfor a female pagan. Does this female model already exist, or did you do it in advance?

Open DR and check it yourself and don't ask bad questions in wrong thread

Proceed with caution!

Yes. No, it cannot be used at all. Yes. It was in advance. :)

Open DR and check it yourself and don't ask bad questions in wrong thread

For no apparent reason I feel the urge to mention that "The Grouch", the FM's preliminary name, is progressing slowly but surely.

@nbohr1more, just use download helper (firefox addon) and you can download the video yourself.

Thanks.

I had something like this awhile back but Youtube figured-out how to block it.

The video is at Moddb now :)

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

For no apparent reason I feel the urge to mention that "The Grouch", the FM's preliminary name, is progressing slowly but surely.

I lolled. x-D

How is conversation interruption handling? Those two guards seem to have a somewhat complex routine involving talking, halting, walking around the circular room, specifically moving to where the vase isn't, etc. If you interrupt them they enter combat mode and chase you, and if you lose them are they supposed to default to some post-convo routine? Mappers might want to include "do not interrupt" objective for important convos (vs funny ones like Mortem's).

Yes, that's a deficiency right now. If you interrupt them, even slightly, they won't finish the conversation at all.

In the lower right part of the picture, is this a window? If so, why is it on street level? Apart from that, from what I can see in my brightly lit room, the shot looks beautiful.