The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Indeed, good work, but I wouldnt mind seeing a bit more random subtle deformation on the hedge volume, most of it seems constrained to the horizontal plane so far. And like Baddcog said, watch out for warped texture mapping, but also, the scale - if you look at the size of the bench or the lamp nearby, you'll notice that pretty much all textures are way off, too big. If a normal bench is around 40-50 cm high, some of those rocks on the floor look like being 2 plus meters wide. Leaves shouldnt be much bigger than 5-10 cm each (2 - 4 units), so thats a reference too. Models are a good way of keeping the scales more or less correct.

@ Biker - yes I would really appreciate an example please. Yeah this city section is still a work in progess but thanks for pointing those things out.

Thanks to everyone who's offered me advice. It's all been helpful.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

No probs thats what ist there for, you will have to make the position of the patch models a lot more random than I did because when you look along the length of the hedge you can see the repeating pattern. But then I whipped that up in under 2 hrs, so you gets what yer gets ;-). Everyone one is free to use the little garden, which iis the same of all my missions, just creds me when you use something I have made etc.

Biker is kredit to team

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

here yer go, just remove the .txt from the end of the file name and yer good to go ;-)

Ooh. I'm going to use this to finally learn how to blend the stone and grass edges. I had tried what I found in the wiki, but failed to make it work. Maybe this will clue me in to what I need to do.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Ooh. I'm going to use this to finally learn how to blend the stone and grass edges. I had tried what I found in the wiki, but failed to make it work. Maybe this will clue me in to what I need to do.

The key arg to make it work is shaderparm3 with values 0-0.99. The only issue I had was getting the texture to evenly spread on the circular ring patch, but I suppose what you could do is bend a straight patch into a circle....

The only other thing i did was place a smaller ring above the first and applied a nodraw_stone texture to it.

The key arg to make it work is shaderparm3 with values 0-0.99. The only issue I had was getting the texture to evenly spread on the circular ring patch, but I suppose what you could do is bend a straight patch into a circle....

The only other thing i did was place a smaller ring above the first and applied a nodraw_stone texture to it.

Thanks. Yes, I looked at it last night and saw the shaderparm3 value, which I had not done in my previous attempt. Thanks also for the tip on using the nodraw_stone patch as well... otherwise I'd probably end up with grass sound since my stone path would be a func_static. Now I think I just need to see if there is a texture for the end of the path so I don't have an abrupt change from stone to grass.

Now I think I just need to see if there is a texture for the end of the path so I don't have an abrupt change from stone to grass.

there are a bunch of pre-made path textures for you to use, I suggest you make a basic test map so you can check all the different textures - I say this because you cant tell visually from the media browser in DR.

Yeah. I'll have to do that so I can dmap really fast. I tried out a couple already. I had started with the mossy cobblestone texture in an area where my town ends and forest begins. But I had a f*#k of a time getting the cobblestone texture of my street and the path to be the same size, etc. so I gave up and am now working on a way to have the cobblestones end and then a dirt path take over.

After taking a break from DarkRadiant after the seasons contest, I have started on a new map. It is a Builder church

Here are som wip shots:

The courtyard:

shot00001-3.jpg

shot00003-2.jpg

Inside (the light is still very wip):

shot00002-2.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice! Love the gate. We've seen a fair number of churches already, but this one has a little something that makes it unique.

After taking a break from DarkRadiant after the seasons contest, I have started on a new map. It is a Builder church

Here are som wip shots:

The courtyard:

shot00001-3.jpg

shot00003-2.jpg

Inside (the light is still very wip):

shot00002-2.jpg

Very nice! I don't think it's too clean ( I see dirt on the floor near the gate :D). The builders love their buildings so they clean it and there is no dirt.