The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Oh wow. Seriously. That interior + the Grimm fairy tale outside area... :blink:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Jesus Johannes, how do you come up with this stuff..???!!! that patch work ceiling is just sublime!! I think I said this before and I'll happily say it again, you are the patchworth mestro....If the first shot was sublime, the second one is just aweinspiring :wub::blink:

My only hope is the map these belong to wont be do demanding on the hardware side of things...

Awesome work Johannes.. I really LOVE the outdoor area.

And since everyone is posting screenshots, I will also add one. Dont look on the FPS, still no visportals placed..

zmemise.jpg

• Like 4

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Fantastic screen shots!

I just wanted to drop by and say I'm really surprised to learn that 1.08 already has considerable efforts in making TDM standalone! I really wasn't expecting anything like this so soon, especially when so muchmore is being added already. My congratulations and thanks to all people involved :)

:blink:

So I have been working on one of the campaign missions (no spoilers, except to note it has a lot of verticality). Things are slowly going ahead, a specific area takes shape. These is a seriously unbearable heat wave in Hungary right now - around 35 degrees outside - so after lunch, I took a very uncharacteristic siesta.

I was dreaming, except not the usual things, but about wandering around my own level. Not only did I climb around stuff and enter a window (which was much larger in the dream than it really is), but... I found stuff that didn't belong there. Namely, a multi-level car park within my mission, opening to a sushi bar with a built-in escape elevator and a lounge for businesspeople... all in pristine quality and unused. The bottom of the car park was flooded and everyone who entered the water would be killed. I even dreamed about the DarkRadiant layout, which was a bit like an Escher painting, with architecture built at seriously wrong angles. Or rather, it was all correct, but suited for the unique multi-directional gravity inside the mission. That's as far as I got before I awoke.

Crazy stuff. :ph34r:

If I end up sleep-editing, don't be surprised if one of the missions in Crucible will have a huge multi-level car park and stuff in it. You have been warned! :laugh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

"Ok, JB you're like a cold bastard, you see people are posting lots of beautiful stuff, amazingly good attempts, BREATHTAKING views... and you? You just come in, post 3 pics and strike everyone down to their knees with things that are just simply unachieveable to anyone here!"

as for Melan, please allow me to translate this dream for ya^^... (the ending is - you'll die in agony... soon...)

(apostrophies stand for "do not take seriosuly")

THat looks gorgeous RPGista!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Thanks a lot guys, right now Im just trying to get some solid experience in modeling and texturing - I was inspired by Arcturus' manifesto (around the time of his Grass test map) when he suggested more people should use modelers to map. First to get the technical knowledge out of the way, then start by contributting some scenery building models for the community (also texture those models I already released, maybe model more everyday objects too, small, fast-to-do things). ;)

Biker - I'll be sure to upload the materials I get good results with. Right now they are all placeholders, but luckly materials are not really hard to make, so more can be expected.

Here is a little bit of what im working on. Don't have a name for it yet and it still a little shoddy compaired to what i've seen on this threadbut it's comming along. Sorry if too dark.

post-10472-0-33538800-1340879773_thumb.jpg

post-10472-0-71419700-1340879775_thumb.jpg

post-10472-0-94702400-1340879776_thumb.jpg

post-10472-0-53387900-1340879809_thumb.jpg

Edited by I4cTaffer
  • Like 3

l4cTaffer: I like them. I think the first looks a bit too obviously low-poly, since neither lights nor objects break up a space consisting of rectangles. Actually, the last shot is also rectangular, but it looks completely all right because there is light variety and objects.

In the room interior, a few ceiling beams or a trim along the top edges of the walls would do good - although they are not essential.