The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Aw man.. Bad news. The zombie file is corrupted :(

Curses! curses! caralho duma puta que pariu de uma merda!

ok.. sorry about that. I do have a low poly model and a preliminary normal map. I tried to use the normal map to recover the high res model details but that didn't work. I could try to work the areas I think need work and then combine the normals, but when the time to make the color textures comes the high res model really is handy! And that sucks. Mudbox sucks. Zbrush sucks too. To hell with both of these softwares.

ok.. sorry about that. I do have a low poly model and a preliminary normal map. I tried to use the normal map to recover the high res model details but that didn't work. I could try to work the areas I think need work and then combine the normals, but when the time to make the color textures comes the high res model really is handy! And that sucks. Mudbox sucks. Zbrush sucks too. To hell with both of these softwares.

I read this then I petrified...

Correction: I do not have a preliminary normal map. That was lost too. Mudbox ate it.

Wat.

Ouch! The level of anxiety must be unbearable!

Maybe some comfort is found in these words:

While the work may have been lost, one thing cannot be taken away from you: the lessons you learnt when the work was made and the lessons learned upon its loss.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Oh damn. :(((

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I find after something like that happens, the number of backups I start making increases dramatically out of sheer paranoia.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Thats a damn shame, man... Isnt there a way to open it in some kind of heavy duty importer/viewer/modeler that would still give you the model, even if all triagulated and stuff? At least you would have that as a guide. :(

Demagogue - I too do that when modeling for work. I end up with loads of in between files, but thats really important when you want to go back to a basic shape and take your design to another path.

oDDity actually changed his mind on that awhile back when he was going to remake all of our existing models. He realized the oversized feet weren't necessary...basically he overdid it.

Yes, it was that he overdid it, not that he decided it wasn't necessary at all. The boots we have now are the resized versions he made, and they're still a bit on the large side.

I do have a zombie model in the backburner, in a half-finished state. I immediately stopped working on it once I saw Diego's excellent hi-poly one, but I can pull it out of the coffin again, only in case Diego's not recovering or re-doing his own version.

I do have a zombie model in the backburner, in a half-finished state. I immediately stopped working on it once I saw Diego's excellent hi-poly one, but I can pull it out of the coffin again, only in case Diego's not recovering or re-doing his own version.

Go ahead! Even if I start over (not going to do that so soon though) because 1) modeling is fun and 2) variety is good.

Rideable horse.Thanks to Springheel for pointing me out on it. Rideable horses is not in the default Darkmod AI set,cause they are little buggy (i didnt show any of them in that video,but there is bugs).Controllable horse entity located at tdm_ai_animal_horse2.def - MasterOfConspiracy9

Heh that was brilliant! who made this video I dont recognize the name..?

Brilliant! :wub: We need "saddle up" and "saddle down" animations ;)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

The ride-able horse is at the top of my anticipated gameplay features for TDM. I cant wait till that project is complete.

Yes, that's ShadowHide's youtube channel.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)