The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Hehe yeah, or maybe some female demon like in Heroes Of Might & Magic 5 - I really loved them O.O They looked very evil, but still female and burned the enemy's armies with burning lines of fire. Amazing!

.. Yeah no - I'm nut sure what it is. Ha! ^_^

EDIT: Sorry Springheel - we better look up what changing nick names in a dream does mean (that dream symbol stuff) :D

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

As requested by Tels, here are some screen shots of some new doors I wiped up. The 1st and 2nd doors have fully working latches, as we now have an opening sound for them in 1.08

Will have more to come in due course. :-)

Oh boy, lovely! :wub: Just one question, how does the inside of the third and fourth door look? These doors need cross beams horizontally, to join the vertical planks together (something that is often overlooked when "building" 3D models :)

The metal on the outside will not work, because it does not cover all the planks, so the planks near the door handle have nothing to hang onto.

Look at the last image to see what I mean:

http://www.highresol...y-door-textures

http://cutcaster.com/photo/100418161-Old-Wood-Door-Isolated/ <-- another variant

Btw, the textures still look quite low-res to me, would be cool if someone could make a more-highres version of our most prominent (most often used on large objects) textures.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Yeah, we need more and or better versions of the stock tdm textures. As an engineer I agree on the structure side of things, but on the subject of the metal bracing, one of the stock tdm hinge textures dosent work in 1.08, it dosent appear in-game (which is what i would have used on the largest door)

Like those shapes and specially those ring handles. ;) Great work!

These were all done in DR, but I imagine you could make much better versions in your 3D modelling app..? One of things holding me back when making models in DR is not knowing how to make alpha textures or normals.

Upgraded the white "basic_latch_door" as per Tels request.

Yes, that gives it a lot more "structure". Now for the other two on the right :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

When creating a "Z-back" door, be sure to follow this basic design:

post-3633-0-12371500-1344872926_thumb.jpg

This allows the weight of the door carried by crosspiece "A" to be brought back to the hinged side, where there's more support.

If you put the hinge on the opposite side, the top of the door is prone to sagging.

• Like 3

On the subject of these doors, do the team want these to be included in 1.08 and if so as prefabs or proper working models..?

Definitely put them in 1.08. Models would be preferred, because, with a prefab, the author would have to redefine all the origins and rotation angles if they rotate the door in DR. It took me a few minutes to do this with your pullring prefab, but I'd rather not have to worry about it at all.

You should add a piece of supporting wood to one side of the two doors on the right as already pointed out by Tels.

Already done, but used a different design from an image I found on google.

Definitely put them in 1.08. Models would be preferred, because, with a prefab

Ok, Ill get stuck in to creating the models and .entity def info etc.

nb. new video to follow shortly with the new doors per Tels/Seuch comments.

And there you have it. I visit a gaming site, and learn something about doors! Priceless! :laugh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved