So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Tibet? Well, as long as you like it. :smile:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Progress is slower then I thought. Guess I'll need one or two days longer then expected.

post-11230-0-49932700-1367097994_thumb.jpg

post-11230-0-18291900-1367098005_thumb.jpg

post-11230-0-04808800-1367098015_thumb.jpg

Anyways. Progress is progress :smile: Hope you like it.

• Like 4

Nice to see those textures in action! stunning work as always Gman. Only critique I have is the use of the corner parts of the arch textures, have you tried it without..?

I debated whether to include them or not. Maybe they'll come out during beta, we'll see.

Holy heaping helpings of Herodotus on base with Marshall stacks and a wah-wah pedal! (source)

grayman: very beautiful! great use of textures and light.

Obs: Love the architecture and those vitrals stained glasses are promising awesome (and very tricky) lighting!

Edited by Diego

What is a vitral? I didn't found that word on dict.cc.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Nice to see those textures in action! stunning work as always Gman.

Only critique I have is the use of the corner parts of the arch textures, have you tried it without..?

I debated whether to include them or not. Maybe they'll come out during beta, we'll see.

I love it when professionals speak :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

A couple shots of today's work for Home Again.

Sliptip's textures at work in this area.

It is very nice, but did you intend it to be lit so well? There are hardly any shadows around.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

lol I forgot "vitral" isn't an english word, sorry. I mean "stained glass"

:laugh: Allright, thanks. And yes, I wanted to have some different lights then just moonlight, electric and flames. The lighting isn't so tricky as you may think. There are only three ambient light sources using two different colors.

Here you guys are making this stuff in days, where it's taken me a couple of weeks just to figure out the little I had made isn't any good after-all :)

Oh well, I never said I was a very good architect... let's just hope I can actually finish one at least. It is nice to see how you guys are going on yours. It can be a bit discouraging to be completely honest, but it does provide incentive.

From my point of view you are trying to do this.

00gallerywithebonypilla.jpg

And thats realy insane, you can get there, but why not try something like this..for start

55cae186421621614cc6ff9.jpg

or this one

950x5342605abode2darchi.jpg

Well i have some hundreds of this pics, alot of books of BD and some books of architecture that i buy when i begin to work on this mod, and in the end when i put some screenshot in here it seems a crap. So dont give up, just try to build a less complicated scenario.

I could make that room in a weekend, how? because a lot of the wood work is repetitive so I would only have to make each part once and then clone etc.

Good....i will wait....what weekend you think you can make it, in this weekend, next one or other weekend..because me, and @Arcady!!!!! realy like to see it how you done it B) Dont forget the stairs, and light ;)

and in the end when i put some screenshot in here it seems a crap.

This is something I always think during maping. But what I do think either is, that I get better and better with the time.

So the answer to the question "What makes me a good mapper?" is: "Go on and on and on and on ....!"

Another note: If you look at some of the FM's you will see that a couple of them are optical not outraging, but held a lot of enjoyment anyways. It's not just about the look, it's a game, so gameplay is important either ;)

Oh well, I never said I was a very good architect... let's just hope I can actually finish one at least. It is nice to see how you guys are going on yours. It can be a bit discouraging to be completely honest, but it does provide incentive.

Don't get discouraged. Great visuals do not necessarily make a good mission and vice versa. Some of my favourite maps have very simple visuals, but they're fun to play because of the story or the AI patrols.