The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

the 0x000007b.dll error is usually a missing or corrupt runtime dynamic link library if you are on windows did you install the microsoft runtimes 32bit or 64bit, there downloads are usually on the same pages as the download for darkradiant.

the 0x000007b.dll error is usually a missing or corrupt runtime dynamic link library if you are on windows did you install the microsoft runtimes 32bit or 64bit, there downloads are usually on the same pages as the download for darkradiant.

I am now on my weekend, so I have time to look into it.

itb15.jpg

Particles: better with or without?

itb16a.jpg

itb16b.jpg

(Ignore anything you can make out of the ceiling; it's a placeholder.)

I'd vote with, but in moderation. Looks like that's across the whole room, I'd maybe have it in a select area. Low spots, by vents, or maybe even directly by lights to make more sense of the particle visibility. Interesting and moody lighting scheme though. For some reason right when I saw that I thought of the Shalebridge Cradle.

Edited by Epifire

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

That separate cushion makes it look really modern to me. Did they actually make them that way pre1850?

That separate cushion makes it look really modern to me. Did they actually make them that way pre1850?

Oh you know that's actually a really good point. For some reason that hadn't occurred to me, when checking out different Chesterfield furniture for my reference. I certainly could build in a unified cushion, to better suit the time period though if that would help.

EDIT: Maybe something more like this (in terms of the cushion)...

Chair%208.jpg

Edited by Epifire
  • Like 2

I'd vote with, but in moderation. Looks like that's across the whole room, I'd maybe have it in a select area. Low spots, by vents, or maybe even directly by lights to make more sense of the particle visibility. Interesting and moody lighting scheme though. For some reason right when I saw that I thought of the Shalebridge Cradle.

Thanks for the comment. :smile: Initially I tried just having moonbeam particles by the windows; that works elsewhere (in fact, it's what I have set up on a gallery overlooking this room), but in this room it actually looked a bit odd to me to have a big space with light streaming across the floor, but particles heavily localised.

From a logical point of view there possibly shouldn't be particles brightening the darker regions, but they do indicate the shape of objects in shadow, which is useful for navigation: compare the shelf in the middle of the screen, which is barely visible in the particle-free version. I'm just not sure the effect looks natural indoors (I'd like to try a foggy city some time).

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

itb15.jpg

Particles: better with or without?

itb16a.jpg

itb16b.jpg

(Ignore anything you can make out of the ceiling; it's a placeholder.)

Looks very mysterious, with the particles.

Also, for the reason I came on over here today (pardon the double post). Just putting out a small bit to show what I've been working on in my off time...

Chesterfield_Highres_zpsm9tzoyar.png

I still may have a little bit of tweaking on this highres mesh before making my lowres but I'm really starting to love Mudbox.

Ultra important: be sure the make the sitting plane of your chair to the same height as all the other seating in TDM assets. The AI can sit only at a specific height.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Ultra important: be sure the make the sitting plane of your chair to the same height as all the other seating in TDM assets. The AI can sit only at a specific height.

I actually was wondering about this as I was setting up the scale. Thankfully I can actually adjust the leg height and seat to better match. But as I'm looking through the wiki I'm not finding anything that might tell me what the height is.

I think XSI units are the same as the ones Id4 uses, so if I know the figures I can just stick to a set height. Because yeah it would be nice to have AI sit properly in it, after all the work I've put into it.

EDIT: just opened up a map to find what the current chairs are set at. So I'm looking at about 24 units, from floor to seat roughly?

Edited by Epifire

but its only idea... i mean maybe they did use it in parallel reality :D

According to http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=The_World_at_Large'Missions have established the date of the setting as around 1630 AD. The current calendar sets the year 0 as the date of the official formation of the Builder Church.' However, the tdm_throne_ornate_wood texture looks as though it says AD MCMXXVI. Therefore at least one chair already in TDM comes from the setting's future. :P

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

According to http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=The_World_at_Large'Missions have established the date of the setting as around 1630 AD. The current calendar sets the year 0 as the date of the official formation of the Builder Church.' However, the tdm_throne_ornate_wood texture looks as though it says AD MCMXXVI. Therefore at least one chair already in TDM comes from the setting's future. :P

The Builders have their birth date as the year 0, but there was a count before that. The maker of this chair clearly thought it more appropriate to use the older (obsolete) year system.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

Wow, thats amazing man... The leather feel to it is very very good, all the details are working nicely, there doesnt seem to be any polygon fat to trim, and the normals and texturing in general is really tight, really good. Amazing my friend, I specially like those sculpted legs...

Thanks! I've put a lot of work into getting my modeling as good as I can manage. Wanting to get involved around here packing as much detail as I can into the assets I'm creating.

Great game, awesome community and an extremely capable engine. Trying to bring a friend on board (who is into audio and writing) as we've been looking for a place to start some kind of project. While I'm really interested in getting my own FM going, I'm definitely willing to contribute with general art where needed. So I'm pretty pumped honestly.

• Like 1

Indeed, you should be able to setup different colours easily for this model. Just shift the colour and safe it as another texture. We then can use our skin system to switch textures in Dark Radiant, instead of having to place a new model each time ;)

Nice work btw :)

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager