So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Needs a script.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I had a feeling that would be the case. Does a script have a way to affect the func_securitycamera's alertMode and idSecurityCamera::CanSeePlayer() and/or idSecurityCamera::Event_Alert(), or is the idea to turn off security_camera_activate (and security_camera_sight?) and use replacement scripting?

Edited by VanishedOne

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

I'm more or less done with visportaling. I'll probably come up with something smarter than building the map in one huge caulk box and compartmentalizing afterwards next map. A view from outside map bounds shows how much FPS the map had w/o visportals. I was supposed to do some more stuff with tilesets but I'm glad I got to get done with this horrid mess.hxEI7vA.jpg

• Like 4

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

I'm more or less done with visportaling. I'll probably come up with something smarter than building the map in one huge caulk box and compartmentalizing afterwards next map. A view from outside map bounds shows how much FPS the map had w/o visportals. I was supposed to do some more stuff with tilesets but I'm glad I got to get done with this horrid mess.hxEI7vA.jpg

Hi @Spooks

Well i dont understand what you did in there. what are the green lines? And why you get 11FPS after all that work.?

Edited by Capela

The green lines are edges of open visportals: r_showPortals 1 in the in-game console makes portals visible like that, and green means a portal is open and the game is rendering what's on the other side. Spooks took the screenshot from outside the normal map boundaries, so all the visportals are open (but you can see where they all are) and the framerate is as low as if there were no portals at all.

• Like 1

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Given the large area, it is actually a fairly respectable framerate.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I'm more or less done with visportaling. I'll probably come up with something smarter than building the map in one huge caulk box and compartmentalizing afterwards next map. A view from outside map bounds shows how much FPS the map had w/o visportals. I was supposed to do some more stuff with tilesets but I'm glad I got to get done with this horrid mess.

Looks Like I am gonna have to give you a crash course in perfing, all the VPs should be vertically sliced and the upper most ones above the roofs should be caulk brushes. Drop me a Pm with the map and I will do a perf pass on it for you. ;)

Hey all! Been super busy with work, and my days off keep getting hijacked. I may tweak a bit on the texture (mainly specular highlights I overlooked) but here's the finished charger mast...

Tell me what ya'll think? Also who do I submit this stuff too for community usage? Because I'm starting to acquire a collection of electrical equipment.

That looks really good overall! I only feel that specularity could use a bit more detail, as the texture looks somewhat unnaturally neat for a metal.

Yeah the specular highlights were a bit much on the inside bottom coil panel as there should be a bit more dirt residue there. Some parts are still pretty clean though. It's still a fairly well maintained pylon that's supposed to be in use (as according to my information) so the seven rods and copper core are cleaned and serviced. The upper cone has some rust lines from the iron used in the rivets, but I didn't try to overdue the grime too much.

One issue that's still slightly unnerving is that the PBR based shader in Substance Painter I use (even though calibrated for spec/gloss) fakes some PBR reflections. There isn't a lot of control on the PBR effects either, so I can't see a 100% accurate representation of specular highlights till I see the in-game. Thankfully id4 handles the final rendering process fairly dynamically, so it really pays to still use modern methods for texturing. Learning process either way I guess.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Airship Ballet: Excellent water, and it's good to see those new lights in action!

Epifire: That tower looks even better in life than as a basic model. Definitely has that evil scientist flair. I can't really find any fault with it.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Airship Ballet: Excellent water, and it's good to see those new lights in action!

Epifire: That tower looks even better in life than as a basic model. Definitely has that evil scientist flair. I can't really find any fault with it.

Thankyou! I really was kinda winging it on this one, so I was really unsure about the results. It took a while since it's been a long work week while also being sick but progress has been coming. Aside from trying to optimize my final game versions, they are still pretty beefy. Not sure what texture resolutions ya'll use but this one has two 2x res norm,diff,(1k-spec) running across roughly 6k worth in polys.

My big thing is I just wanna keep working on needed tech-props as I really enjoy scheming up old machinery (as well as filling my portfolio). Also wanting to see this stuff find a home though, so distribution is my primary concern next to optimizations.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Been working on an enterable prefab house, so far an AI can navigate the house, just detailing it left to go.. here's the front parlor

parlor.jpg

Dragging it to where the browser tabs go should open it

Edited by Xarg
  • Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

It's quite good! I agree that the metal could use some more distressing in spots, but that's a minor detail. What does it say on that cover plate?

My big thing is I just wanna keep working on needed tech-props as I really enjoy scheming up old machinery (as well as filling my portfolio). Also wanting to see this stuff find a home though, so distribution is my primary concern next to optimizations.

If you want to package it up and send it to me I can make sure it gets into the next asset update.

@Xarg, very nice.

Only crit is you need more natural looking curtains (I created a prefab thats included in 2.03) and you need some wall-ceiling trim.

Yeah, I wasn't going to upload it at first, as I'd just put the curtains in, and they definitely need work, they'll be getting the priority attention for the next mapping session, along with a curtain rail and some ropes to hold back the one that's pulled back.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080