The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Awesomeific! B) I already know where some of these can find a home in my mission.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Just a note after looking through your materials: there are quite a lot that have an extraneous surftype15 line, usually extraneous because the same material declares a metal surface type outside the description. I don't know whether that causes any bugs when your descriptions don't actually declare one of these, but I suggest removing those lines when you next update, if only to make your intentions clearer.

The models look great. :smile:

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Ahhh, see I was combining both old and new methods accidentally. I don't think it causes any issues directly as I they all seem to work without any hitches. For some reason I was under the impression the description line was used for no more than an actual description (not the actual material type declaration). So what I'm seeing is you need to list the material type as the first word in the description? Cause it looks like that and whatever else you want to add after. That's where my confusion was at.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

attachicon.gifbust_tissot_promo.jpg

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/502004/Gestas_TMD_Bust%20Tissot.zip

Alright, that was fun. 2 lods, high is the left 3 models, low in on right. 3 skins and shadow mesh included.

Is there a TDM repository for stuff like this? Feel free to use in missions or add to mod.

This link is dead; does anyone by any chance have a copy s/he could upload somewhere?

Edited by VanishedOne

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic! Is this PD3 or a whole other project all together?

Whole other project, its the map Shadowhide had been working on before Melan and I adopted it.

Well if you ever want that certain brush based spiral staircase turned into a model... *whistles looking in the opposite direction* :rolleyes:

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Looks fantastic! Is this PD3 or a whole other project all together?

Different project, although PD3 is also coming along now with Bikerdude's help.

Shadowhide's map is excellent, a really impressive city mission. It has mostly been Bikerdude and Baal working on it, but I have also made contributions (and will make more when we wrap up PD3).

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thats pretty amazing my friend, its awesome to see a trully sculpted map. May the tdm gods allow you to fulfil your megatexture vision. I also hope you'll find the time to model other sections with different kinds of architecture in your map, the tower looks great but there are other sort of environments that would also be ideal for a sculptural aproach, like a ruined palace or a dense urban maze. Sky is the limit for a talented modeler like you to create that truly authentic world that you cant get with brushes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive! It even has totally inappropriate trailer music, like all good trailers! B)

• Like 4

So, will the updated version of the first Accountant be released with the second one?

No work is planned for the accountant 1, currently the goal is to get Accountant 2 out the door before worrying about anything else.

Impressive! It even has totally inappropriate trailer music, like all good trailers! B)

Thanks, the music is something better suited to a sci-fi action game but it was too good not to use and I think it worked out quite well in the end anyway ;)

Wow!Looks great!

Thank you!

Edited by Goldwell

So, no intro video for Accountant 1 for a while?

Correct, I do plan on updating accountant 1 eventually to include the ROQ briefing and a couple of bug fixes but for now all of my effort and energy is focused on getting the accountant 2 out the door.

After two years and many iterations The Accountant 2 is finally complete! There are still some internal testing phases I plan to go through and for those interested in helping out a beta thread will pop up sometime next month.

In the meantime I have made a little gameplay trailer showing off some parts of the level, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6e_SJ0_JOM

Boohoo!

My .roq briefings are gonna look like children's crafts next to a multimillion dollar hollywood production! :blush:

Well Done, mister! :wub:

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.