The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Very nice, my only crits are -

• the dirt patches are are a tad too big, imho they should be small enough to just hint at dirt push upagainst the walls of buildings and such
  • The scale of some of the windows is too big, eg in the first shot the middle building upper and lower windows need scaling down.
  • That balacony would collaps the first time some one stepped on it, need supports underneath.
  • And lastly you have some lights set with noshadow, that shouldnt be. Eg the light shining on the wall to the right of the player, should be shining through the ledge.

It's not a ghost model. It's the normal female model.

When you push the button in DR that makes the 3D window render in "lit mode", then it just draws lit-up AI in that ghost-like way.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I like what I'm seeing... and not seeing. :ph34r:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Very nice ERH, the whole place is very mysterious. I'm looking forward to it, in fact having nominated the Deep Trouble campaign as one of my top 5 FMs for the unique and hostile feel it had, an FM which I think is comparable in many ways to this one.

Regarding your techniques:

- that kelp does great things for the underwater environment, is it custom? I'd very much like to have it for my own underwater part.

- you're saying you have no ambient light underwater and it's all illuminated just by a foglight?

- could you share your technique for the reflective water surface please? Water surfaces have been an annoyance a long time for me.

- a suggestion of mine to try out would be to have a layer of fog over the water, the particles I've found quite useful for that are dustfog2 and dustfog4.

• Like 1

-Kelp is just few crossed patches in two variants with decals/vegetation/ivy_mixed_pieces, and is spawned by seed in number of 500 each.

-Small (2000 x 2000 x 2000) ambient light is attached to players head, so you can see actual textures only in your proximity.

-By reflective water you mean mirror surface or light reflections on walls? I'm using custom animated light texture.

Edited by ERH+

S2wtMNl.gif

-By reflective water you mean mirror surface or light reflections on walls? I'm using custom animated light texture.

Actually it doesn't need to be reflective, just more opaque - I don't like how clearly you can see into the water, even with a foglight down there. I remembered now that SteveL already developed a way to get the effect that I was looking for in Messing with Sea Water, that'll be very interesting to try out.

Edited by Dragofer

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic Dragofer! As is the norm with your posts whether they be models/ambient or map related is very intriguing :)

Is this perhaps a screenshot from the sequel to One Step Too Far?

• Like 1

Looks fantastic Dragofer! As is the norm with your posts whether they be models/ambient or map related is very intriguing :)

Is this perhaps a screenshot from the sequel to One Step Too Far?

Thanks, it is indeed part of the sequel - one of a variety of settings to come across, this being one of the larger ones.

Edited by Dragofer
  • Like 2

Very moody. You have stuck to a common theme and brought out the best it could offer.

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 2 weeks later...

One of details from my submarine WIP mission that don't quite fit, but I still enjoy it more than finishing main elements: 230 words organized in random sentences: "adjective - noun - verb - adjective - noun" cycle. It still sounds repetitive so maybe I will push it to 500 words.

Quite like this, though I think the effect would be better if the words were said slower. Like builder, etc. I don't know the purpose of this room, but have you thought maybe cinematic would be better suited? Slowing gliding through the space, haunting music, random words. Love the room.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Oh that is exquisite Dragofer. It almost looks like I could sit down and order a meal.

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Oh that is exquisite Dragofer. It almost looks like I could sit down and order a meal.

Better not bother the cook after he's closed the kitchen, my ship cooks tend to be somewhat crabby after years of defending the wine supplies from mobs of sailors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...