The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

The texturing is kinda flat. E.g. the eggplant is purple, but lacks that stylistic touch which made Thief's plumsies (the healing fruits in the later Pagan levels) distinct.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

The texturing is kinda flat. E.g. the eggplant is purple, but lacks that stylistic touch which made Thief's plumsies (the healing fruits in the later Pagan levels) distinct.

These foods were based off of a photo realism approach. Given the recent criticisms of my art being more fantasy related to games such as World of Warcraft, I've been deviating from stylizing heavily (especially on organic substances).

To be fair I winced a little on that, as I was going for a look off the T2 deer leg for my deer leg color scheme. Overall I've been trying to take a very realistic approach. For instance every food here was sampling color palettes from real food to remain consistent. But we're all accustomed to our artistic differences are we knot? :P

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

I liked your more stylised models, so that may be the problem. :laugh: Realism is nice and fine, but a game does not necessarily benefit from full realism. I like food models like the blue cheese and the fish, because they somehow "fit" the visual world of TDM.

Another part is being concerned that bananas will start cropping up in TDM missions, and the tiny purist inside me is hopping up and down, screaming "THERE ARE NO BANANAS IN BRIDGEPORT!"

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I liked your more stylised models, so that may be the problem. :laugh: Realism is nice and fine, but a game does not necessarily benefit from full realism. I like food models like the blue cheese and the fish, because they somehow "fit" the visual world of TDM.

Another part is being concerned that bananas will start cropping up in TDM missions, and the tiny purist inside me is hopping up and down, screaming "THERE ARE NO BANANAS IN BRIDGEPORT!"

Hahaha, yes me and Goldwell discussed the bananas for a while. It's considerable that imports from outlying colonies would be available which is why they stayed. I mean I cut turkey, watermelon and a couple other things on the list but bananas were on heavy debate for a while. I'm kinda filling the role of making items when there's an immediate gap (like the food models) or just making exclusive gameplay related content because they'd be hella cool to see in game. We've still got more exclusives yet but we wanted a couple surprises for the release. That being said, this is our last teaser. So from here on out, I begrudgingly must make obscure posts about details I cannot convey with models I can't show you.

Oh man you're going to hate my next WIP "Lord Edgar Goes Bananas"

• Like 3

Our engine tends to oversaturate colours, so you might want to desaturate your textures to compensate.

Too late: check the models folder for Airship Ballet's 'The Smiling Cutpurse'. Epi is not the first to venture down this path to madness. :P

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it Goldwell.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

For real, I second that. Epifire is doing A LOT of help here expanding already existing library of brushes, and models. I am enjoying this particularly because I am a fan of the Cobblestone textures as well.

• Like 3

After my long absence from bridgeport, TDM and DR (and some nice salute after my first post, thanks for that) i want to give you a short summary what i have done the last and what im going to do the next days.

In former times i created a campaign over about 5 missions in close collaboration with SevenUpMan. I have some of the maps on a good status, some are only beginnings/ patchworks.

Also i have plenty of maps which are more or less a study or a test. Also some of them got much bigger than i originally wanted them to get.

Before i will dive back into my older campaign i want to create a prequel/ mission 0.5 which will bring the storystone to roll. In the course of that i will recycle some of my older studies/maps.

Here is a (by far not finished) sneaky view on the first "target". Please keep in mind that im a bit rusty after three (?) years of abstinence :blush:

Hope this time i have some more endurance to reach more result! :ph34r:

Really interesting locale that presents a lot of vertical detail. Personal preference here, but it's very refreshing to see the darker sections without an over brightened ambient darkness.

Edited by Epifire

We3lcome back, Johannes! If that is your rusty form, can we really complain? :laugh: