The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Slaved on this scene the whole day. I am figuring out the style I want to go for in my exterior, so this art test will be a good stepping stone to the actual map.

uRagNw5.png

vBGAKy7.png

klufEYO.png

knOT6vL.png

Far out Spooks that looks incredible. Your use of lighting and shadows are perfect!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

That's the magnetic driver plates that move the tram on the bottom. I plan on making a non-riding version of it and since I'm also constructing suspended bridge style railways it's very possible.

• Like 2

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

That's the magnetic driver plates that move the tram on the bottom. I plan on making a non-riding version of it and since I'm also constructing suspended bridge style railways it's very possible.

And, you can always crash one somewhere in the level to show off that goodness underneath :) I'd love to see it textured and in real-time.

• Like 1

The quality of the model is through the roof, all the details, the precise hard surface modeling coupled with the soft detail of the couch. Im amazed at how much work was put into in, the geometry is stunning. I quite like the style of it, because it blends a sort of futuristic design with a bit of kitsch and antique feeling to some of the elements. Will be great seeing your texturing for this, and even more so seeing it working in game.

• Like 1

The quality of the model is through the roof, all the details, the precise hard surface modeling coupled with the soft detail of the couch. Im amazed at how much work was put into in, the geometry is stunning. I quite like the style of it, because it blends a sort of futuristic design with a bit of kitsch and antique feeling to some of the elements. Will be great seeing your texturing for this, and even more so seeing it working in game.

Thankyou! I'm very happy to see this getting done as I was stuck trying to get the gameplay end of it in place for the past month. Once I have a whole working scene with this in it I wanted to record a video of the whole thing in action. To be sure I'll definitely circle back with the finished model at the very least.

• Like 1

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

You really need to learn to spell my name correct. Maybe you should stick with Obs ;)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Now that's a sewer. I also like the apartments, such as the speakeasy and the one with the persian window, I've been following progress on that.

(Note: there's a misalignment of a bar, last shot, bottom left)

It must be addicting, to have so many apartments, streets & niches across multiple large maps at your fingertips.

The best thing about this map is the shear number of ways the player can get from point A to point Z -

• there are numbers thief Highway routes (and Im making more of these as I go),
  • there is the streets which maze-like (I have have asked Obsttorte to create an Auto map, otherwise players will surely get lost)
  • and then there is the expansive sewer system with attached & adjacent underground and basement locations.

I walked from one side of the map to the other and it puts BCD to shame in that regard :blink:

Edited by Bikerdude

Those shots look incredible Bikerdude!

Especially the last image of the spiral staircase in the sewers, top notch work man!

Especially the last image of the spiral staircase in the sewers, top notch work man!

Thank you for the kind words.

The original version of that cistern was built by our very own Flanders, I then built the spiral stairs and did a detail pass or two. The whole sewer section (there are several other sections in addition to the two shots shown above) was originally built for BCD, but due to hitting various DR/TDM limits we had to remove it. So when this map came along it was a no brainer.

• Like 1

That might be a bit over-the-top. Although the maze-like approach to level design definetely is worth rethinking.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter