The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

0gSef0n.jpg

(copied image from original post as it was on the end of the previous page)

The whole scene is just simple patches, some brushwork for the stone walls and a handfull of the new cave-rock models I added (with the original authors perms) ages ago. All I changed from Spoonman's original was to change the rock texture, the normals (bumpmap) in it are very good which is why its looks way more detailed than it is.

And thank you ^_^

Edited by Bikerdude
  • Like 4

@ERH I'm actually really curious how you got the water reflective pass to work? Looks like it's drawing directly from the surface? Any time I've tried to use the pre-existing real time reflective capture, it broke my skybox and skewed the resulting reflection. Would be pretty shook if you revealed how you got that to work. :P

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Goldwell those look fantastic!! :o

Excellent use of lighting!

(I'd add more around the well to break up that mono-textured floor space, dirt clops or weed patches or rubbish or something, but that's a minor thing you probably already thought about anyway.)

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

@ERH I'm actually really curious how you got the water reflective pass to work? Looks like it's drawing directly from the surface? Any time I've tried to use the pre-existing real time reflective capture, it broke my skybox and skewed the resulting reflection. Would be pretty shook if you revealed how you got that to work. :P

No reflections, sorry. Whatever you are taking for it is coincidental :) .

S2wtMNl.gif

ERH - Very creative, love that outdoors, and the diving helmet idea...

Goldwell - Indeed, grreat use of lighting. Are you per chance using Rich's color grading program? I noticed the blue shadows. Or is it a fog?

Either way, great work boys.

• Like 2

Largest city map created for TDM thus far, take 5-10mins to walk from one end to the other if you know where your going..

Capture.JPG

Wow! That thing looks huge!!

How long have you been working on that? Also do you have an ETA for it? I could really go for a big nice city mission in TDM.

Well over a year, the map is in late alpha atm. Most of the main locations are built, with only have one location left. We have built a bunch of familiar T1/2 locations, rooftop highways, lots of apartments & lofts, shops, substations, sewers, gardens and finally a large sprawling mansion.

The map was started by Shadowhide, he then gave the map to myself and Melan. The map is entirely custom built, with a bunch of different mappers on the credit list. The reason mapping is gathering pace is because with the new export model function I was able to fix a long time issue with this map (due to its size it would cause TDM to crash), otherwise it was going to be a case of culling bits of the map which I didn't want to do.

If you have the time, I would welcome help with the intro - http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18923-shadowhides-city-map-building-thread/

Plaque early concept:

obraz.png

Letters will probably be carved, not sure about materials yet.

Yeah man I'd say this could even go for a alternate skin for the frame if you were feeling it. I'd say both wood and stone would look good. Some stone block cuts running from both sides of the frame would look slick. Kinda gives me Dishonred 1 vibes with the propaganda signs for the City Watch.

• Like 2

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

I've seen such signs with plaster frame and stone slate, but that was usually against a plastered wall. This one will be hung on a stone wall, like this:

obraz.png

So I was thinking marble frame, stone slate, these folks are rich anyway ;) But the whole thing made of wood could also be nice. I was thinking about metal too, but that might be too similar to Dishonored.

• Like 2