The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Hey Capela,

It's the "textures/darkmod/stone/brick/rough_natural_mixed" texture :-). It's one of those interesting textures that looks pretty different in practice than it does as a thumbnail in the media browser, I would never have thought about using if I hadn't seen it on a prefab building.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

^rough_natural_mixed

:D I had DR open...

doh, ninja'ed

----

Speaking of prefabs, i'm just now going through and looking at all the prefabs we have. We can always use more, but there's a pretty good mix of a lot of stuff.

@ authors... You can save quite a bit of time picking a couple things here and there from the prefabs.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

post-11230-0-96759800-1359925157_thumb.jpg

I wish I could map in light speed.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Thanks, as said this is still early WIP. (And I have choosen the parts of the map that look best ;) )

Looks good, and you seem to map quite fast!

I would consider using a blue tone on the ambient light for outside locations. I find black to look a bit dry unless its a smaller interior.

Edit: I meant to say a blue tone on "all" outside locations, some are already bluer than others, and those look a lot nicer to me.

Edited by RPGista

@RPGista: It is blue. But I guess depending on other light sources and the textures used in some location this is not good to see.

@Bikerdude: I don't know what a 'Storte' is (or if I get ever used to the name rape). Anyways, I always betatested my FM's. And if this particular one is ready, you are invited to test this one. :smile:

@RPGista: It is blue. But I guess depending on other light sources and the textures used in some location this is not good to see.

@Bikerdude: I don't know what a 'Storte' is (or if I get ever used to the name rape). Anyways, I always betatested my FM's. And if this particular one is ready, you are invited to test this one. :smile:

Be glad that you aren't Grayman. I can't tell you how many times he has been referred to with incorrect vowels or missing consonants... "Fruitcake" would be an improvement

in some of those spelling variants :D

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I guess he didn't knew the band. You have to be permissive with Biker, he sometimes needs a while. :P

then there's noobermoar... can user names get any more complicated ;)

:laugh: I always wondered if the name has something to do with Niels Bohr.

post-11230-0-86105700-1359925009_thumb.jpg

post-11230-0-15623400-1359925040_thumb.jpg

Love the unique and unsual usage of my floortiles on the ceiling :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I guess he didn't knew the band. You have to be permissive with Biker, he sometimes needs a while. :P

:laugh: I always wondered if the name has something to do with Niels Bohr.

Yes. :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Cool, got a testing thread setup or doing it through PMs..?

You have to be patient, as it will last at least two months. But then I guess I just pm you.

Love the unique and unusual usage of my floortiles on the ceiling :)

Well, it's an unusual contest. :D

Actually I can't remember why I have choosen to place them there. Maybe I was drunk. :blush:

EDIT: I hope you didn't mind me to correct the quote.

Another teaser:

The least optimized area in the map, I have a couple more portals i can place but it is huge wide open. Still I have 5 guards there chasing me around and fps isn't dropping below 50 (on the pc anyway, my laptop is a bit laggy in most 3d games). (not a lot of details but I think it'll be alright - in this case I'm happy with having a very large area as a trade off for small details). Seems like the 1.08 update really did boost performance quite a bit.

if performance seems bad for some systems i might just make easy difficulty performance mode and have a lot of func_statics and models that won't be present.

Most of the base terrain is in, have a couple shortcuts and dead end city gates to put in. And the main location, so that'll take a week or so probably. Then it's just improving/aligning textures, adding details, sounds, patrols, objectives, read ables...hmmm, starting to sound like a long way to go ;)

post-1981-0-92640700-1360030298_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest