The Dark Mod Forums

Broken Glass Official Campaign?

mike

First of all, since I'm new, before I ask my pretty obvious question, want to say great hello to all the members and the saluting hello to broken glass team. I first played thief when it came out, in 1998 (I am now 23). After that I don't recall EVER AGAIN having the same experience with any other game.... pretty sure this was a stupid remark since I am phrasing it in a place where everybody worship either Builder or Woodsie:) nevertheless, I fail to understand how I didn't bump across this beautiful project years earlier, since I myself in a period of time used to surf the net day and night in order to fix some of the problems regarding thief-the dark project... came across tons of sites.. but never this one. Recently from eidos came a word that they have started developing Thief4...since lead designer stated that their main exemplar is Assassins Creed (not Ken Levin's brilliant storytelling, nor atmospheric sensation from T1 and T2) I was pretty sure it was going to be as good as Thief3 (which is not good at all). Word's cannot express how I felt when I find out that there are some folks out there, mid 20's or so, conceptual artists, designers, programmers, that are fanatics of thief concept and steampunk itself, and are devotedly developing for FIVE YEARS a project of their own in order to reinvent and reanimate thief series(1,2) as it once was, and as it suposed to be!!! Now, there may be under my name a word newbie, but I'm top when it comes to intellectual and spiritual comprehend of thief(don't consider this braging, just want to state that thief has been very long in my life, pretty sure every member fells the same:)Gentlemen of the BROKEN GLASS STUDIO, I SALUTE THE!!! And not just because you did it, but because you have been doing it for five long years!!! You have followed your dream and made it come true. Put so many precious time into it and that is priceless! I have spoken to some of my collegues, worshiper of thief series like my self, and in the name of us all, THANK YOU, YOUR WORK IS APPRECIATED!!!

And finally the question:D

In your earlier statement you sad that your project consists of two stages: first, to release a set of tools so fans could make their own maps(which is what we have now- the dark mod, beta). second, that you will eventually create your own unique campaign. And when I say unique campaign I dont mean fan mission archive. Not that I dont appreciate all the folks who put their intellectual effort to create their own unique mission which I'm absolutely certain will enjoy playing( and I am aware that 2 of 3 missions were made by broken glass crew) Now, dont take amiss, for sure you have stated this already( I just cant find it where:) but what I wanna know is will there be a CAMPAIGN campaign, the legit and rightful campaign all done by The Broken Glass Studio people? You have all the necessary means. And I think that would be absolute culmination of all those years of hard programming, scripting, concept designing, model designing........

GREETINGS AND ONCE MORE, THANKS...

Mike

I think we would like to do this, but I think we'll need to take a deep breath and see if everyone feels like diving back into a huge project like a campaign after wrapping up a five year project. It would be really nice to make a full campaign...just not sure if it will be us or a group outside the development team.

And finally the question:D

In your earlier statement you sad that your project consists of two stages: first, to release a set of tools so fans could make their own maps(which is what we have now- the dark mod, beta). second, that you will eventually create your own unique campaign. And when I say unique campaign I dont mean fan mission archive. Not that I dont appreciate all the folks who put their intellectual effort to create their own unique mission which I'm absolutely certain will enjoy playing( and I am aware that 2 of 3 missions were made by broken glass crew) Now, dont take amiss, for sure you have stated this already( I just cant find it where:) but what I wanna know is will there be a CAMPAIGN campaign, the legit and rightful campaign all done by The Broken Glass Studio people? You have all the necessary means. And I think that would be absolute culmination of all those years of hard programming, scripting, concept designing, model designing........

GREETINGS AND ONCE MORE, THANKS...

Mike

Many thanks Mike. Yes, a campaign was probably an early idea and may even still be on the website somewhere but we've had to be realistic and funnel our manpower and resources to actually making the tools and assets for FMs to be made. And we still have a huge amount to do! I think it unlikely that it will arise solely from within the team. But who knows? :) I certainly think there is a good chance that someone will but my own 4-mission campaign for Thief 2 took me 4 years of hard work and T2X must have been a collossal effort not to be taken lightly.

I think we would like to do this, but I think we'll need to take a deep breath and see if everyone feels like diving back into a huge project like a campaign after wrapping up a five year project. It would be really nice to make a full campaign...just not sure if it will be us or a group outside the development team.

It is clearly that you guys are a hard core about thief( and when I say hard core, I mean as hard as it can get), and you haven's spent 5 years in development just because someone told you to, you did it because you want to. My point is, that NO STUDIO IN THE WORLD(kion storn + feidos:) can compare with your intellectual genius and make what you can... correct me if I'm wrong. And I'm not talking 'bout fancy grafics and visual effects.. spiritly you are untouchable.

And just for the sake of that I thought it would be pity not to put a gigantic dot on your priceless work... anyway, the only reason I asked is because I read that you plan to make a campaign and that thought skyrocket me:)

Of course you guys deserve a master pause and vacation on some tropical island..:D

Anyway, thanks for replying.. did clear some things......

Like what New Horizon said, it would be asking an awfully huge commitment to go from 5 years worth of work to get 1.00 to a fully blown campaign. Although, I bet most of us would be down for it :D

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|