The Dark Mod Forums

So how about some statistics now?

STiFU

Hey, I was wondering approximately how often the dark mod has been downloaded so far. The updater didn't work for me, because of too many people downloading, which was why I used the torrent. The number of peers active on the torrent still varies between 30 and 100 depending on the time of day, so I assume your download servers are still at full load. Are there some statistics?

This wish also raised a general question in my mind: Is there any way to see how much traffic went over a certain torrent? I am thinking that maybe the Trackers could store info like that... It would be really nice to find that out, because even I have seeded TDM with a rate of 10 now and I got a crappy connection here. So all together, there must have been a MASSIVE amount of TDM-torrent-traffic so far!!

Edited by STiFU

Heres the statistics for The Darkmod on Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

We are at about 1500 downloads from our mirrors (estimated based on hit counts and mirror weighting, as we don't have access to all the logs). Add 600 from the torrent and a few dozen I guess from moddb, atomicgamer and other sites hosting the full ZIP.

We are at about 1500 downloads from our mirrors (estimated based on hit counts and mirror weighting, as we don't have access to all the logs). Add 600 from the torrent and a few dozen I guess from moddb, atomicgamer and other sites hosting the full ZIP.

Moddb is currently showing over 400 downloads since 10/17...

That moddb graph looks about 160 to me unless there. If so, that's a rough total of 1500 + 600 torrent + 160 moddb = 2260. Or is there some other download stat somewhere? Where's that 400 come from?

Each point on the graph is the daily total. The first day was 49 downloads:

post-2168-1256307985_thumb.jpg

The daily totals are as follows: 49 + 120 + 161 + 83 + 52 + 26  for a grand total of  491  :)

Woot. Go Team Dark Mod!

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

Moddb Download 670.

Mirrors 1645.

Torrent 715

Total 3030

"A hungry mob numbered more than 3000 gathered outside the gates. "Feed us! Feed us!" they cried, "More FMs!" The Dark Mod Team trembled inside, huddling around a lonely candle for warmth. Their one battered laptop rattled as a small frightened mapper, chained to his dungeon post, tapped away at an outdated installation of Dark Radiant. He glanced fearfully at a nearby well-thumbed calendar as their last candle flickered and died..."

What will happen next?

With only one leecher on the torrent, and this

post-144-125675264267_thumb.png

as the current stats @bloodgate.com, the traffic is climbing down. But perhaps some big gaming news site or gaming mag will pick it up? :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I'll upload it.

It arrived:

http://www.fileplanet.com/109461/0/0/0/1/section/Mod_Files_and_Patches

and we already have about 160 downloads :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

We're also on the newsreel in the main page at Moddb :D

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

...and on shacknews.

LOL, I was reading some of the comments on there :P

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|