The Dark Mod Forums

Tears of St Lucia & Theifs Den Fm's

xistenze

Let me just start by saying great job all round, some of best fun I've had in a long time. Just finished Outpost, Short but oh so sweet.

Now on to the point, is it possible for St Lucia and Theifs den to be converted into fms to lower the download size or is there nothing that can be done about it. I would like to play them but i used up the majority of my download limit on TDM (so worth it though) other wise i will just have to wait until it clears out next month.

Cheers either way and well done

- Xistenze

There are plans to eventually redo SL with the currently released beta. SL and TD aren't compatibile with 1.00. I don't think there are plans to redo TD.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Honestly, the reason it isn't in the 1.0 package (Saintlucia that is) is because I got lazy and I haven't spent the time to update it to be compatible. Mainly due to school. I guess I should get on it and get it out and done with.

Keep hassling me if it's not out in a month. :)

What's wrong with making Thief's Den compatible? Is it that badly outdated? O.o

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

It's quite outdated. And frankly, it's so small that it's not really worth it. Better to work on a new mission instead. :)

No way man! It's the first Dark Mod mission, and now it will never be playable again! Not too many people are likely to do a whole separate install just to try one little mission, so they'll just miss it. But it's up to Fidcal how he wants to spend his limited time, and yes there's a good case for just moving on, but I think it would be sad not to update it to work as another FM

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

No way man!  It's the first Dark Mod mission, and now it will never be playable again!  Not too many people are likely to do a whole separate install just to try one little mission, so they'll just miss it.  But it's up to Fidcal how he wants to spend his limited time, and yes there's a good case for just moving on, but I think it would be sad not to update it to work as another FM

What's the big deal with Thiefs Den? I just downloaded it, installed it, and played it just fine. It doesn't affect the current TDM release since it creates it's own folder and you run it with a specific command. It's still playable and shows just how far the mod has come since it's release. :)

I think for TD, we should extend it. I remember playing the very first mission and thinking "Damn, thats it?". Build that street behind the house, make it a bigger mission!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Seconded. I'd have a look at TD sometime after my exams, when I'm more familiar with DarkRadiant.

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

• 4 weeks later...
Keep hassling me if it's not out in a month. :)

Ok, so, it's been a month. I'd love to replay St. Lucia. I loved it so hard. Playing around with the boards, and running around in those narrow dingy streets... Felt like coming home.

- Baalak called Wistful.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so, it's been a month. I'd love to replay St. Lucia. I loved it so hard. Playing around with the boards, and running around in those narrow dingy streets... Felt like coming home.

- Baalak called Wistful.

Yeah, it would be cool to have the two original Dark Mod Thief missions, just as they are, made to work with The Dark Mod version 1.0, this is an important part of The Dark Mod, and thus Thief, history. :) And also an extended version of Thief's Den, sort of a Thief's Den Gold. :)

• 3 weeks later...