The Dark Mod Forums

Dark Mod Crashes

Iceblade

Robert, you're treading on thin ice.

Of the hundred or so people who have posted, you are one of two or three who are still having significant problems. For the VAST MAJORITY of people, the Mod works absolutely fine, including people using the same operating system as you.

That message doesn't seem to register with you.

Part of the reason you're probably not getting much help is that your attitude stinks. You have been complaining and namecalling since you got here. How exactly is that going to make anyone want to help you?

If you are actually interested in help, then smarten up and act like an adult. If you're not interested in help, then there's no point in remaining on the forums.

Consider this an official admin warning.

• Like 1

Robert, you're treading on thin ice.

Of the hundred or so people who have posted, you are one of two or three who are still having significant problems. For the VAST MAJORITY of people, the Mod works absolutely fine, including people using the same operating system as you.

That message doesn't seem to register with you.

Part of the reason you're probably not getting much help is that your attitude stinks. You have been complaining and namecalling since you got here. How exactly is that going to make anyone want to help you?

If you are actually interested in help, then smarten up and act like an adult. If you're not interested in help, then there's no point in remaining on the forums.

Consider this an official admin warning.

I've been acting like a adult since I came on this forum, and I have NOT named called anyone like the previous post. Sure I might of act upset but it has nothing to do with me being a adult. If you go on any search engine and type in for example: (problems with dark mod) you would be surprised on how many other post in other forums of people who are having problems.

I have NOT named called anyone

Telling someone:

You lie threw your teeth

is the same as calling them a liar.

Telling someone:

you have no experience or intelligence

is the same as calling them stupid.

Etc.

If you go on any search engine and type in for example: (problems with dark mod) you would be surprised on how many other post in other forums of people who are having problems.

No, I wouldn't be surprised. I read all the posts. I also know the vast majority of them have had their problems fixed. If you would stop blaming everyone around you and actually explain, calmly and rationally, what the problem is, yours might get fixed too.

• Like 2

You don't seem to be getting the message, Robert.

Your posts must now be approved by an admin before appearing publically.

• Like 3

You don't seem to be getting the message, Robert.

Your posts must now be approved by an admin before appearing publically.

I see you guess don't like my intelligent responses even though you know I'm right about most of the things we spoke about so far on this forum. Well, I guess there will be no point of me hanging out here since I have to be approved by admin.

Well, I guess there will be no point of me hanging out here since I have to be approved by admin.

Bye then.

Well its the internet, somebody like that always appears. Yikes, what negative opinion about 64-bit, while there are some issues with quad processors and 64 bit, it is rare to have a problem with every game except for fairly old games like pre-02 or 03 and only sometimes. (the 32 bit compatibility of Vista is actually pretty good) Also he seems to not like reading/comprehending our posts.

As far as my problem, I have a 500 W power supply and the video card requires 550 W, so that is probably the problem. If so, the power supply must have a good means of cutting off power without turning my whole computer completely off. It seems to still provide power up to the max, then cuts off power to just the video card, which restarts again as power is provided and I get some form of black screen. I've also been having a few issues with T2 as well, though it either crashes or goes to almost all black except for some sky lighting whenever too much occurs.

Edited by Iceblade

Yeah. When Graphics cards are released, they tell you an arbitrary number of watts they recommend in your power supply. My card's manual recommended that I get a 475 Watt PSU. Of course I kicked that up to 550 W because of all the HDs and peripherals plugged in.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

As far as my problem, I have a 500 W power supply and the video card requires 550 W, so that is probably the problem. If so, the power supply must have a good means of cutting off power without turning my whole computer completely off. It seems to still provide power up to the max, then cuts off power to just the video card, which restarts again as power is provided and I get some form of black screen. I've also been having a few issues with T2 as well, though it either crashes or goes to almost all black except for some sky lighting whenever too much occurs.

A lot of power supplies are overrated, which means that while they can do 500W, they can't sustain 500W for a long period of time. The most important thing to look for in a power supply is the wattage on the 12V rail. It's usually listed on a label on the side of the PSU, and better PSUs have two or three 12V rails (which is not entirely true, but is industry standard to say they have multiple rails). I recommend checking out Jonny Guru's Power Supply Reviews, to get a good idea of what you need in a PSU.

Hell, 550 Watts for the graphics card?

The card itself doesn't require 550W, more like 300W. It needs high amps (40A+) on the combined 12V rail though, which is why Nvidia recommends 550W minimum. Some PSUs can deliver that rating with fewer watts, but most can't.

You lie threw your teeth, then you must not have the Vista 64 version with a quad core processor

God you are such a fucking noob, time for you to leave now:

System Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000@2Ghz

2x Nvidia Gefore GTX260M 1GB (SLi enabled)

256GB SSD

4GB Ram

Doom 3 has affinity on all 4 cores.

screenwp.jpg

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Okay, I found out that I actually have a 550W power supply not the original 300 W. I did a little searching on the Nvidia forums and found out that some of the 3D high performance games are having difficulties running with the latest videos cards especially for the 285 and 295 GTX's. I am going to try and find some older drivers - if that is possible and see it that helps.

Quick question for those with these videos cards, what is your driver version?

Good riddance to Robert...whatever his name was. I couldn't even be bothered trying to talk to him, he was just one of those douche bags you walk away from in life. They think they know everything, and think they're the center of the universe. There is no help for someone like that. I also seriously doubt he owned his own company, as he told me before, if he did...I doubt it was much more than a lemonade stand.

• Like 1