The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.0.2 released

greebo

A critical bug made it into DarkRadiant 1.0.2 causing crashes when cloning patches. This issue, as long with two other minor glitches, has been resolved. Grab the new version from our website:

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/

Important: be sure to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package in order to run this release.

The list of changes can be found on the website: Changes since 1.0.1 and on our bugtracker changelog.

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Happy editing!

Three updates in the last few days? :P

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

I don't know if this is related to DR or not, but my dmapped my map, it said there was a leak. So I tried to load a point file, tells me its unable to find the .lin file. So I saved it as a new map file, dmapped, tried it again, same thing.

I'm not sure how pointfiles are handled.

Also, I installed this 1.0.2, and when I go to Help>About it says 1.0.1 (And I did uninstall 1.0.1 before installing 1.0.2)

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Also, I installed this 1.0.2, and when I go to Help>About it says 1.0.1 (And I did uninstall 1.0.1 before installing 1.0.2)

Yeah, that slipped through my fingers. I fixed that already for future downloaders.

Hmm, the pointfile thing seemed to fix itself.

I can now see them again. Not sure what happened there.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Still having problems with this + windows 7, have to drag the camera after every change to see the updated result.

PS: TDM works perfectly in win7, completed the training mission without any problems.

Had the same problem, then it got a whole lot worse with performance dropping under 1FPS. Disabling Aero fixed the issue... Did you try that? :)

"Lie to a liar, for lies are his coin; Steal from a thief, for that is easy; lay a trap for a trickster and catch him at first attempt, but beware of an honest man"

- Arab proverb

Had the same problem, then it got a whole lot worse with performance dropping under 1FPS. Disabling Aero fixed the issue... Did you try that? :)

Will try, much appreciated!

Tried it, works thanks alot, changed the shortcut for the program to disable visual themes and set the compatibility to winxp sp3 now works just fine.

Edited by The Taffer

• 1 month later...

Evening

Whilst working on my Xmas fm I have been having crashes with DR that untill now I thought were the GFX drivers....

But Ive narrowed it down to the each time I have a large number bumber of brushes (Ive just created a proper copy the Tudor inn facade object) and each time I did a save as 'prfb' (eg each time I completed a section etc) DR would freeze I would then have the ctrl-alt-del and then Win7 would comback saying the ati driver recovered etc...

Im running win7, HD5870(w/cat 9.11). Do you think its the driver? but I don't see how as it only seem to thus far do it as above....

Also where and how do I submit prefabs I have made for inclusing into TDM for public use..?

:(

Edited by Bikerdude

But Ive narrowed it down to the each time I have a large number bumber of brushes (Ive just created a proper copy the Tudor inn facade object) and each time I did a save as 'prfb' (eg each time I completed a section etc) DR would freeze I would then have the ctrl-alt-del and then Win7 would comback saying the ati driver recovered etc...

And anyone got an ideas on this..

I would suggest looking at gpu temps. The last few months have shown that newer cards rendering 'simple' 2d stuff with high clocks often results in the cards running far too hot, under more intensive games the complex instructions etc actually keep the cards sliiiightly cooler. It shows up on both nvidia and amd in heroes of newerth and eve online, both can be solved by using vsync. However DR doesnt really have a way to do vsync.

But yeah, if you need to graph your tempteratures etc, I would try ATi Tray Tools (attsetup) , it can produce pretty good graphs of a lot of things.

Or you could just listen, if your graphics card is easy to hear, try listen to if it spins up high in DR, as if you were playing a game, it shouldnt.

I'm most likely wrong however.

Im sure I can supply some hosting for prefabs and perhaps textures etc - I'll build a submission system in the next two weeks.

I am already working on something like this, but it is fore more "special" prefabs. (e.g. not just any prefab in any form and shape). More on that when it has progressed a bit more :) But if you are serious you can PM me.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Have you tried upgrading or downgrading your drivers? Also GPU temp is likely way.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax