The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod Grand Christmas FM Contest!

Fidcal

Is there something I can help with Railgun? The deadline is extended to the end of January. Or alternatively you can always just release it as a non-contest FM and mark it unfinished but playable but something (assuming it can be made finishable.) Shame to waste it.

Hey, BD, do you know which board texture that is in the bedroom shot, third from the bottom? The normalmap looks seriously inverted (the cracks look like they're sticking up). I can fix it if I know which it is.

Railgun: sure, I'd be happy to help with that.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I cant tell what your referring too..

I think he meant, what is the texture on the floor called. like darkmod/wood/boards/something :)

edit: ah and the metal thing on models/darkmod/architecture/doors/door96x48_2hinge.lwo looks inverted too

Edited by Sonosuke

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

I've fixed it locally. If you'd like to fix it in your specific mission I could send you the new normalmap.

Hey, BD, do you know which board texture that is in the bedroom shot, third from the bottom? The normalmap looks seriously inverted (the cracks look like they're sticking up). I can fix it if I know which it is.

The normal of the bricktexture he uses in his fireplaces (Post #76 screenshot 3 and the tavern-short) is inverted too. As I suggested earlier, a thread should be opened to list inverted normalmaps so that those can be fixed in future releases. There are actually quite a few inverted normalmaps in TDM, which is why I suggested this. I saw some on multiple screens already and also ingame... But since I can't tell the names of the textures, I can only point it out to the authors.

Edited by STiFU

As I suggested earlier, a thread should be opened to list inverted normalmaps

Well, you don't need permission to start one. :)

Well the thread would be a little empty if I started it, since I don't know any name of the failed normals. :) Besides, a thread like that (created by a non-teammember) comes along pretty arrogating, like: "Hey Dark Mod, you're a sucky company, that doesn't care about it's customers, 'cause you've released a couple of inverted Normalmaps and I want YOU to fix them!". I guess you see what I am going at... ;) Also, I am very shy! :P

The most important thing is that the normal maps get fixed. Please open a thread and post screenshots of all textures with inverted normal maps you can find :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I am getting closer and closer to finishing my mission: basically one half of the ambients (quick), AI patrols (hopefully quick), objectives (imported from the startpack), assembly (quick) and testing. That's in the "a few days" range.

Is the contest extended to January, or does it close on New Year's eve? That will influence the testing / cleanup / decoration I am going to do.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

the old deadline would be 3. january, I dont know if it should really be extended it to the 31. , hmm...

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

OK, this is what I propose: The Twelfth Day of Christmas is 5 January so let's say the original deadline was midnight GMT in the evening of 5 Jan. Since I've already said we can be lenient about the final date (so it wouldn't be fair to retract that now) one week will be allowed for late entries so the new deadline is midnight GMT in the evening of 12 Jan.

However, as a special concession, if anyone is almost done but cannot make that deadline they must post here now before 5 Jan and state their deadline (max 31 Jan) and state why they deserve this extension (eg bikerdude started late and asked me.) So we know exactly what remains to come. But don't take liberties just to keep polishing and adding stuff - try to get your entry in by 12 Jan.

Any latecomer who doesn't post here or in the mirror ttlg thread by 5 Jan will still be able to post a poll and get the same feedback but they can't be an 'official' entrant.

Good luck!