The Dark Mod Forums

Can't find prefabs

Carnage

I have no idea how the prefabs would suddenly disappear if they worked before, but you can extract them from tdm_prefabs01.pk4 (located in the darkmod folder with launcher etc.). Though I guess you'd have to have done that before to get them working in the first place.

Edited by Tapsa_Kn

They do show up at 0,0,0 - we try to create them there so they can be found.

So if you started mapping there and made some they'd be easy to see. But if you are now working away from 0,0,0 you might not see them when they load.

But if you just can't find them to create them they are in the menu file>load prefab (I believe)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Did you perhaps change the fs_game folder in Dark Radiant? If so, it cannot automatically find the prefabs folder because it is inside the darkmod folder. But you can still navigate to it. When Dark Radiant says it can't find the prefabs you just browse to the correct folder. You can also set a shortcut there so next time you just click it.

Did you perhaps change the fs_game folder in Dark Radiant? If so, it cannot automatically find the prefabs folder because it is inside the darkmod folder. But you can still navigate to it. When Dark Radiant says it can't find the prefabs you just browse to the correct folder. You can also set a shortcut there so next time you just click it.

No I didn't do that. The whole prefab folder was gone. I think I deleted it without me noticing somehow. Probably was late at night after going to the pub tongue.gif . Anyways it's working now. Now I'm going to try to complete my mission before I'll leave for my Australian backpacking trip, it's gonna be close...

I'm having a similar problem. There is no prefabs folder under my Darkmod folder. I should unpack tdm_prefabs01.pk4 into a Prefabs folder under Darkmod, then? I'm not familiar with the file format, what program can I use to do that?

This is the first time I've tried to use a prefab. I'm not sure that there was ever a prefab folder.

- Baalak called Compressed.

So a pk4 can be unzipped if you change the filename? Amusing. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the speedy and thorough response fellas.

- Baalak called Unpacked.

EDIT: Seems to have worked fine. Thanks again, gentlemen.

Edited by baalak