The Dark Mod Forums

Console question

shadowwalker

The console itself comes up and when I type in the god mode, all works well. However, when I type in the 'give all' command, it is supposed to give unlimited items, like the soldier in 'Doom 3' gets all the weapons the game has but when I type that command in the Dark Mod, I get only the number of weapons, arrows, that are present when I thought I would get an unlimited supply. Is this a flaw in DM that needs to be corrected or is this the way the 'give all' command works in the DM?

Thanks for any feedback

shadowwalker

"Give all" is vanilla d3 code to give you stuff like weapon_shotgun, weapon_pistol. You'll have to "spawn atdm:weapon_shortsword" (def?) and the like. It'll appear in front of you at foot level.

If this is for mapmaking, Fidcal's startpack has a box of placeholder weapons (say, 30 of all arrows, flashbombs) you can put into your WIP for testing purposes; just delete before releasing.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

"Give all" is vanilla d3 code to give you stuff like weapon_shotgun, weapon_pistol. You'll have to "spawn atdm:weapon_shortsword" (def?) and the like. It'll appear in front of you at foot level.

If this is for mapmaking, Fidcal's startpack has a box of placeholder weapons (say, 30 of all arrows, flashbombs) you can put into your WIP for testing purposes; just delete before releasing.

Hello, Mortem: To begin with, my experience with computer technicalities is modest at best. I am not a mapper but I can type commands on the console command line area.

Looking at your example, I imagine myself at the console command line and would type the following:

"spawn atdm:weapon_arrows_broadhead_100, weapon_arrows_water_100" providing these were in the "Items for sale" list, or so I think it goes.

Would this example work for me in the game?

Thanks for any guidance and happy Thanksgiving

Shadowwalker

You can't give yourself masses of 100 arrows, unfortunately, but you can "spawn" them one-by-one. (To quickly recall the last console command, use the UP arrow key)

I'm not at my regular PC for the moment, but I believe the names go...

atdm:weapon_shortsword

atdm:weapon_blackjack

atdm:weapon_broadhead

atdm:weapon_firearrow

atdm:weapon_waterarrow

atdm:weapon_ropearrow

atdm:weapon_mossarrow

atdm:weapon_noisemaker

atdm:weapon_gasarrow

atdm:playertools_flashbomb

atdm:playertools_spyglass

atdm:playertools_compass

atdm:playertools_health_potion

atdm:playertools_breath_potion

atdm:playertools_holywater

You can't give yourself masses of 100 arrows, unfortunately, but you can "spawn" them one-by-one. (To quickly recall the last console command, use the UP arrow key)

I'm not at my regular PC for the moment, but I believe the names go...

atdm:weapon_shortsword

atdm:weapon_blackjack

atdm:weapon_broadhead

atdm:weapon_firearrow

atdm:weapon_waterarrow

atdm:weapon_ropearrow

atdm:weapon_mossarrow

atdm:weapon_noisemaker

atdm:weapon_gasarrow

atdm:playertools_flashbomb

atdm:playertools_spyglass

atdm:playertools_compass

atdm:playertools_health_potion

atdm:playertools_breath_potion

atdm:playertools_holywater

Mortem:

Thanks for the command listing but when I tried some of them the console didn't recognize them. I guess I'll have to wait for the DM Version 1.01 to come out and then find out if the console behavior is any better.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

Shadowwalker

Thanks for the command listing but when I tried some of them the console didn't recognize them. I guess I'll have to wait for the DM Version 1.01 to come out and then find out if the console behavior is any better.

Console behavior is not going to change: that's all vanilla doom 3.

I warned you that I may have been wrong on the entity names. I'm not on a computer with TDM or the source code at the moment. All of those are what they were called during the Saint Lucia demo, and I'm positive the naming convention or the entityDef has changed for many of them.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.