The Dark Mod Forums

You poeple need to get your A**es moving, what joke!

Guest boringDMOD45

Aww, don't be mean! :(

... :wub: NINJAHUG :wub::ph34r:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Oh lets not feed the trolls now, just ban his ass.

We already set his last account to require approval by an admin. Seems he'll find a way back to shoot his mouth off no matter what. So if we ban his ip, he'll likely just show up on a different computer. Annoying, but true. I just wish he would let people help him figure out his problems. Hmmm, I wonder if he's the same guy who used to call into the place I worked as a tech support agent? Went by the name of apressario. He was an idiot. lol

Sure thing boss. May I have a raise? ;)

• Like 1
My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

So who is this robert256 guy? I missed the drrrama.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Why he persists in this is nothing but troll behavior, he has nothing better to do. If he would of let people help him, he would of gotten his issue fixed. He blames the game, end of story. He wouldn't even let the possibility enter his feeble brain that the problem might be on his end. His arguments failed. He didn't want the help and just trashed mouthed everything. Thats his fault for not *getting it* and not accepting the help. I'm all for a good debate. This was not the case.

I'd ban his ass if he were on Black Cat Games. I'm being honest, and not sure why you just don't ban his IP range, if he comes back, ban again. Ban his IP, its not worth keeping him around and disrupting the forum. What is the point of doing an admin approval? That doesn't make sense, and is too laid back in my opinion. I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but, you will have other shit heads that will eventually come in and disrupt things, and it bothers me to see this happen. I cannot help but, stand up and say something to help you guys and defend you for all the hard work you've done! :)

Black cat has simple rules, you can't follow them, after a warning, you're gone. I've looked around on here, do you guys have an FAQ? I didn't find it. Sorry if I've missed it. These are black cats FAQ's, we tweaked these to make them simple, no long drawn out explanations. At least we have them, and do refer to them from time to time. As the word gets out about the dark mod, you guys will have more people and more problems to deal with. Something to think about it.

No flames or personal attacks!

While heated discussions and arguments are okay, avoid direct personal attacks on other forum members. There is a certain level of acceptable banter, but do not cross it -- respect the wishes of others and warnings from the moderators.

No irrelevant posts!

Do not post the same thing twice. Create threads in the appropriate forum. Do not post something completely unrelated to a topic of a thread. Threads often drift off topic, and this is fine. If the thread diverges into multiple unrelated topics, it will often be split by the moderators.

Nothing illegal!

Do not conduct illegal activity on these forums -- specifically software piracy. While laws vary in different countries and there are many legal gray areas, these forums are hosted in the United States and subject to its laws. Any court orders will be complied with.

Forum Guidelines

Listen to the moderators!

When a moderator makes a request -- like not posting in a certain thread, or keeping a civil attitude -- follow it. Do not argue, if you have a concern, discuss it with private messages.

Do not post asking for moderation!

If you've found something you think needs attention from the moderators, report the post. Don't post requests for threads to be locked, messages to be deleted, or anything similar. It will be taken care of, do not add to it.

As the word gets out about the dark mod, you guys will have more people and more problems to deal with. Something to think about it.

We've had our share of problems in the past, believe me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My general attitude these days is to love the troll, comfort the troll, and let the troll know it is loved. This may be mistaken for mocking the troll, but I would never admit to that. :laugh:

I like that idea! Thanks for the advice on troll control :)

I guess some people don't understand the essence of a fan project and the way it is presented. They like to pay for their s**t and get a somewhat bug-less experience without realizing the passion that is thrown in a free product.

Uhhhh ok let's break loose another discussion about Windows vs. Unix... ;)

But honestly, I didn't experience ANY problems with Win 7 so far, besides the usual few x64 compatibility issues, which are rather software problems, and I am using it since release. Anyway, I REALLY don't want to start another thread of this sort, so please don't react to my post! :D

The problems and bugs are provided gratis. I've always thought it's really nice of Microsoft to give us little free extras like that. It's like their way of giving back, you know?

(In all seriousness, Windows (XP at least) is amazingly stable given how much crap gets thrown at it on a regular basis - buggy drivers, mountains of shovelware, etc.)

And the even better part is, that the MSDNAA and uni versions can also be used by another person, like, say, a brother who happens to have a sister whose uni is participating in the program. 35 € for a complete version of Win 7 64 can hardly be beaten. 

:rolleyes:

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

And the even better part is, that the MSDNAA and uni versions can also be used by another person, like, say, a brother who happens to have a sister whose uni is participating in the program. 35 € for a complete version of Win 7 64 can hardly be beaten. 

:rolleyes:

They've removed it from the MSDNAA over here, at least for the ACM one :(

That said, they still have Server 08 R2, kinda odd

Lets see: 35 E for Win7 64 vs 0E for Archlinux x86_64.

I am afraid 0 E is less.

Nice calculations, but I still pay nothing at all!! Nada!!! Zer0!!! ;) But I do use Linux too, on my laptop. It's just Ubuntu, but I feel it's a good start into the unixverse. On my Desktop-PC, I want to play though, so Linux is not an option...