The Dark Mod Forums

Dram Application Thread.

New Horizon

Hi all,

I appreciate you guys reviewing my mod, thanks :) . When you guys have reviewed it, please tell me what you guys thought and what you think is crap or what you think is good, and please be honest. I'm gonna check here tomorrow.

See you guys later ;) ,

--Martin

Don't know why, but I just felt i had to say this:

In my mod, I've now fixed several.....issues. They are:

*Fixed the dumb need-to-press-f12-thing, now done by script.

*Fixed the light (p button)

and I'm working on the climbing and lockpicking (trying to kill the bugs. after that I'll finish off the 8pin locks.)

Hmm. Guess I've found a reason :) . Which is, that if you guys like my mod and are playing it, then you might want the fixes. Also I'm fixing it cos I play it sometimes. Though Thief2 is still on my computer and played often ;) .

--Martin

Hey Dram...I'm having problems getting your maps to open in Unrealed. It'll load them, but it doesn't show any geometry in the editor...it's just a blank map.

I've tried copying all the stuff in the system folder you zipped up on top of the installed system folder, but that causes UT to freak out and look for files that have been replaced or are missing completely.

I could use a readme here. ;)

AARGH!!! DAMMIT!!! Ok, my guess is that you chucked all the Thievery files, etc where they're ment to be. If this is the case then it could be that some mods are missing. umm. Oh yes, Chaos UT is in there, EcoTerror too. If it's asking for chaos ut things then please download it here: www.planetunreal.com/chaotic

If it's not that, then please tell me what it's asking for (dammit <_< )

--Martin

see, the problem is that when i make a mod, it is never properly organized and i always tend to edit the main files (to have the changes applying to everything, like the watersplash for example). So therefore I am sorry for the....inconvenience. BTW, I updated the p[icking, works perfect now, and when you bring it up ontop of a mine it says probes instead of lockpicks and changes the model of it.

--Martin

Just to keep this updated, I added random voices for the guards, which makes them say something (like humming) every 30 secs (for now). Also hacked in the thief 2 injury sounds.

Just thought I should share that. :)

--Martin

To all who wanna play my mod: When I finish the picking, etc, I'm gonna make a whole campaign (which will be playable in coop or solo) for the city and stuff (including new maps - yes, I will have a go at making maps in UEd again :) ). I'll have cutscenes as well (though the voices will be the ones from Thief2) and I'll try to think of a real good plot :) . That will keep me occupied for about a month or so ;) (but as soon as I finish the mod [the lockpicking needs finishing] I'll release it to you guys and then after I finish the maps, I'll give them to you guys too. - BTW, the DramVis script now makes all maps silhouette mode friendly [ie: puts all ambient brightness to 0, though if you dont like it, I'll provide areadme on how to remove it :) ]). My mod should only take another week (hopefully :( ).

--Martin