The Dark Mod Forums

Who's the composer?

ocn

According to the main page:

`Schatten (Audio) - Has created a lot of music for TDM, the most outstanding one being the main menu track. '

Ah! Yes... Sorry, didnt see that. Thanks!

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

If you are interested it is the file amb_nocturne_menu.ogg inside sound/meta/menu compressed in tdm_gui01.pk4 .

Very interested, thanks:)

Sometimes I fire up TDM just to listen to it.

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

yeah, I've never tired of it even after 2 to 3 years. :rolleyes: We are very lucky to have that because not much music imo can be heard over and over without becoming irritating.

haha same here.

and i sometimes create a speaker just 4 fun and play the track "forest_children" it reminds me soo much of Myst. I just have to use it on my next map

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

Woah, thanks people. I'm amazed you can still listen to the track after all that time.

Bit of trivia about it:

When I wrote it, I pictured visiting and capturing the theme of the factions and their places.

From top:

House guards / Mansion (music box)

City watch / Streets (piano)

Pagans & Beasties / Forest (pipes)

Builders & Undead / Factory-Church (organ & choir)

Again, thanks. Surprise compliments like that make my day!

• Like 1

[monotone] The setting and universe of Thief (Hammerite guilds, Keeper guild, The City, Mechanists, Garrett, Viktoria) is the intellectual property of Eidos Montreal. Shamelessly copying the keeper guild into another video game without permission breaks their rights. Blah blah blah. [/monotone]

From the wiki:

Disclaimer: Just to be clear, The Dark Mod does NOT take place in the same universe as the Looking Glass 'Thief' games. There are no Keepers, no Hammers, and no Garrett. That said, the settings of both The Dark Mod and Thief are based on a steampunk version of our own history, so there will be certain similarities.

Then again, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from inventing your own version of the Templar Knights or some cool secret guild in a TDM mission.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

[monotone] The setting and universe of Thief (Hammerite guilds, Keeper guild, The City, Mechanists, Garrett, Viktoria) is the intellectual property of Eidos Montreal. Shamelessly copying the keeper guild into another video game without permission breaks their rights. Blah blah blah. [/monotone]

I can only guess you could not see the ;) smiley. Fixed anyhow.

Edited by etdarkb

• 8 months later...

I've recently bought an electric acoustic guitar so I decided to record something. I chose the menu theme. I used also my electric and bass guitars. I wanted to use classical guitar too but I don't have proper mic. I hope you like it :)http://www.sendspace.com/file/evldam

It's only a model...

I've recently bought an electric acoustic guitar so I decided to record something. I chose the menu theme. I used also my electric and bass guitars. I wanted to use classical guitar too but I don't have proper mic. I hope you like it :)http://www.sendspace.com/file/evldam

Hehe. Very nice! I liked it. Reminded me a lot of the really good music in Diablo1.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Hey, that´s a really damn nice track, I love the last part! Though you should name it Nocturne - Acoustic version, that could be then a bonus track on the official DarkMod Soundtrack... :)

@Sotha:

Oh yes, I simply love all the tracks from DIABLO1, if you look at them simply every track without the Tristram theme was 2 tracks in one, and the second or ending parts were most terrific. Soo darkish, that´s what I like. Sadly Diablo2 was going in a completely different direction, the best track was the menu-track that was, it´s a shame, overridden with the expansion pack! :angry: Only the cave-track and the remake of Tristram was good too, the rest wasn´t as special as, okay, I´m drifting far away from this topic... :wacko:

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Hey, that´s a really damn nice track, I love the last part! Though you should name it Nocturne - Acoustic version, that could be then a bonus track on the official DarkMod Soundtrack... :)

Thanks! It's not entirely acoustic, perhaps 'guitar version' would be better :)

It's only a model...