The Dark Mod Forums

Window Models Request

BlackThief

Since we decided to make some outside windows with models instead of just textures I guess it's time to start working on them instead of creating other minor important stuff.

Here're some inspiration pictures from T2 windows:

Bwin16L.jpg

Dwin13L.jpg

OWIN01.jpg

OWIN01A.jpg

OWIN02.jpg

Owin06L.jpg

As soon as you've got a high and low-poly model I can help you texturing the model ;)

Maybe that's a task for V.D. and Atti ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When designing the windows, shall we syncrhonize them to have similar width? IMO that will make it easier to apply frobable shutters (which already would work).

well not sure, if we should really do that. I'd like to have a variety of window-sizes, otherwise everything will look the same. how many shutters did you see in thief anyway ? ;) and BTW the shutters could be done like a door in the editor anyway, so you can size them however you like.

Edited by BlackThief

We probably only have to worry about that for certain kinds of windows. Obviously stained glass cathedral windows wouldn't need shutters, and many other types of windows might only have decorative shutters rather than functional ones.

What might be best is if one person handled all of the windows that might need shutters, so that they can keep the size the same. Atti, would you like to volunteer for that? We probably only need two or three different windows with frobbably shutters for the mansion pack.

I think the sideparts could be a bit thicker, but maybe it's just the perspective.

You still can do that nevertheless. Providing default sizes are just that. You are not limited to them anyway.

I'm still not sure about that - I couldn't figure out how to resize an object in D3 radiant yet.

You have to create doors and windows somehow. So you can create custom doors or not. That doesn't really change anything. And it has nothing to do with resizing.

DOORS and MODELS aren't the same in D3 :rolleyes: you can create a door with a brush --> you can make your door how big you want it to be. models CAN'T be resized.

And what exactly does that have to do with us providing preconstructed windows with shutters? I never was talking about resizing.

When designing the windows, shall we syncrhonize them to have similar width? IMO that will make it easier to apply frobable shutters (which already would work).

IMHO we don't have to synchronize the window-width, cauze the shutters can be done with normal D3 doors, which can have any size.....

Seems you are talking in circles. The point was NOT that it can not be done, the point was that we provide ready made doors and windows and there is a reason to it. First, we need to set sound propagation values, and second this would ensure a consistent door and window size for most FMs. This will NOT prevent FM authors from making their own, though.

Gerhard