The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.1.0 released

greebo

I'm glad to announce the availabilty of the next DarkRadiant version 1.1.0. A truly massive list of improvements made it into this release, so I strongly recommend upgrading to the this newest version. Grab it from our project website:

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/

Important: if you haven't installed DarkRadiant before, be sure to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package in order to run this release.

The (long) list of changes can be found on the website: Changes since 1.0.2 and on our bugtracker changelog.

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Have fun!

As probably not everybody is reading the changelogs, here it is for reference:

New Features / Changes

• "Fixup Map" functionality available in the Map menu, which can perform map-wide replacements of deprecated or changed entities, shaders and spawnargs.
  • DarkRadiant now features a brand-new Octree space partitioning system, for faster rendering.
  • Texure Alignment Commands: top, bottom, left, right, now available in the Surface Inspector.
  • Progress meter is showing actual progress during map load.
  • "Bevel" now creates patches oriented according to the currently active XY view.
  • Scripting Module now exposes a simple-to-use Dialog framework, and Patch and Brush interfaces have been added to expose brush and patch manipulation to scripts.
  • Added preference option to let DarkRadiant start on a specific monitor for multi-monitor setups.
  • Replaced drag-selection rectangle with an openGL-based implementation to fix display weirdness in Windows Aero environments.
  • The WaveFront OBJ exporter now supports patches.
  • Texture Tool: implemented "snap brush face vertex to grid" feature.
  • Textur Tool: Brush face resizing by vertex is possible now.
  • Entity Inspector: Add Property dialog supports addition of multiple properties at once.
  • Undo and Redo doesn't clear Shader Clipboard anymore.
  • Implemented maximize cam view toggle command, for shortcut assignment.

Bugfixes

• Fixed: Move two models and hit undo: only one is properly undone.
  • Fixed: Mapped texture not matching texture tool display.
  • Fixed: Lights with models ignore "rotation" upon map reload
  • Fixed: Crash when loading ASE model without *BITMAP line.
  • Fixed: editor_setKeyValue keys are set during map load.
  • Fixed: In "Floating" layout, click X to close Camera view, have to select "Camera View" twice to bring it back.
  • Fixed gtk_source_buffer_new_with_language failures in Linux builds.
  • Fixed segmentation fault in Sound Chooser in Linux in DarkRadiant builds without sound module.
  • Fixed a segfault when hitting "Run Script" button without scripts.
  • Fixed shortcuts not being propagated when main window is focused after switching from Embedded to Floating.
  • Fixed Texture Tool screen going black after hover text on menu displayed.
  • Fixed inability to create entities by script due to weak_ptrs being used in the ScriptSceneNode container.
  • Fixed NURBS curves not being displayed correctly.
  • Fixed "Reload Defs" not find new entityDefs.
  • Resolved: Inspector window always open/on top upon view mode change.
  • Fixed: Can get stuck without view mode whe using ToggleLayout commands.
  • Fixed: Ortho view positions are reset to origin upon view mode change.
  • Fixed: Group Dialog title not matching current tab.
  • Fixed: Texture alignment not always preserved on prefab load.
  • Performance Improvement: fixed extreme slowness when mass applying textures.

Tweaks

• Removed warning: AttributeSuffixComparator cannot compare...
  • Resolved extreme slowdown when copying pathnodes when entity properties are open and target selected.
  • Layer Context Menu items are sorted alphabetically now.
  • Fixed: MainFrame is activating layout even if it is already active.
  • Fixed assert() expressions evaluated in Win32 release builds.
  • Light volume boxes appear in the same color as origin marker now.
  • Default values for s_minDistance and s_maxDistance of speakers are created by default.
  • Type-ahead lookup in tree views is case sensitive.
  • A warning is issued when trying to use the CSG button the first time.

Coding / Internal Design

• Fixed memory leak when using gtk_combo_box_get_active_text().
  • Refactored globalDebugMessageHandler code.
  • Fixed GTK Assertions on keypress/release events.

• Like 1

Massive list of improvements? No kidding!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I've updated the Ubuntu repository with a version for Karmic (9.10) amd64. Other versions can follow when I have figured out how to build them on my system here :)

Edit: @greebo: Great news, thank you!

Edit 2: Packages for Ubuntu 9.10 32 and 64bit should be up, compiled with the fix for the disappearing brushes.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 weeks later...

Short-cut key for "rotate and scale" from the modify menu.

What is the shortcute key, or if there isnt one how do I add it, or this cant be done can I make a request for this to be added please.

The R key would be preferable, as the current binding for the R key isnt that usefeull as the rotate reticule tool dosent snap to the grid or predefined degrees of movement.

Or failing all of the above, how do I make DR remember ALL(inc the rotate and scale window) of its open windows.

-_-

Yeah...I don't think there's a 3d grid feature in DR yet. You can bugtrack it as a feature request.

HL2-Hammer had a 3d grid option on the camera view, but I don't recall using it very often. I used it for brush alignment and measuring if an orthoview got a little cluttered, but that's it.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

That's exactly what I was going to post... :D I can think of one tiny use though. If you somehow messed around with the camera and don't know in which orientation you're looking anymore afterwards, you can easily tell by looking at the horizon introduced by the grid. But well, that's really the only thing and a mapper shouldn't get confused by his own map in the normal case.

Sure is! "Filter All Brushes" would be necessary, unless the grid was an overlay in one of the editor-rendermodes, visible through all geometry. I prefer to have a look at the orthoviews to see how I am oriented though.

I've come accross a bug, today the zoom in the YZ side window stopped functioning, it still worked in the other windows, so I closed the window, then I just couldn't get it back did the usual create a xy top window change it to YZ side but it wouldn't change, just kept switching between xy and xz, had to reinstall radiant to get it to work.

Having looked at it again I seemed to have corrupted the keyboard shortcuts somehow, which caused the window to bug, I deleted the settings in the application data in documents and settings as the file there seemed to be causing the problems

Edited by stumpy

• 1 month later...