The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Tears of St. Lucia (2008/10/21)

Springheel

It was built before the complete implementation of TDM lockpicking system: that's why ;)

Ah, I see.

I found the solution to my problem. But, like the others, can not finish the map due to the objectives bug. But anyhow, it´s a great and inspiring mission.

Did you realise that the player can climb nearly all the roofes in the starting area? Sadly, nothing is found there. But it is fun walking that thin ropes :ph34r:

Then you didn't climb to every place, as you can find some water arrows somehwere... :)

hehe.. I reinstalled the mission just because of your comment, and found those arrows! :laugh:

And, hey, I did NOT spawn any rope arrows for it.

I used the planks found in one room, leaned it against a lantern and climbed a hanging rope. And yes, it took a lot of time and tries to find that way, but anyhow, proves the physics handling of TDM to be very cool. A nightmare for beta-testers and mappers? :ph34r:

luciav.jpg

Edited by kaldor

Yeah, there are multiple solutions for getting up there. You can also:

pick up the very first plank you see and put it up on the table across from the wagon, leaned up agains the wall and braced upon the upper lip of the table. Then you can mantle up the plank and from there jump on to the window-awnings. From there, you can cross the lines to pick up the key in the pot if you want, or there's a way to get up on the roof of the building next to the one you first jumped up on, and from there you can take the highest clothes-line to the area with the other arrows. :)

Also, there's a second set of arrows and a readable, if you haven't found it already.

Yeah, there are multiple solutions for getting up there.

I think that´s pretty awesome. Makes me feel like a kid again, climbing around.

But, this also spawns endless possibilites a mapper has to think of.. I also experienced, that some horizontal areas are not to be mantled on, even if they look like they could. Some lanterns are climbable, some not. Is that decided by the mapper?

Also, there's a second set of arrows and a readable, if you haven't found it already.

Damn! ^_^ *reloads mission*

Edited by kaldor

I think that´s pretty awesome. Makes me feel like a kid again, climbing around.

But, this also spawns endless possibilites a mapper has to think of.. I also experienced, that some horizontal areas are not to be mantled on, even if they look like they could. Some lanterns are climbable, some not. Is that decided by the mapper?

The mapper can put player clip brushes to block places they don't want the player to be mantling or climbing. That is how they get around the "endless possibilities." :) Also I believe they can set some things not mantleable; otherwise mantling is always possible by default, it has to be turned off specifically if the mapper really doesn't want the player going somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm sorry to bother you with that bug again but the relic objective still becomes unchecked during play after finding it. I installed TDM on Wednesday and downloaded, installed and played the mission yesterday. Because I was still unsure whether I had the right version of the mission (I had taken one of the links from the official TDM website but couldn't remember which one.) I uninstalled the mission manually as described in the Dark Wiki. Then I downloaded the mission again using the mediafire link, installed the mission and encountered the bug again. (Here's a short video of my problem.) Ok... I have to admit that I was too lazy to play the whole mission again so I imported my old savegames. But I in the savegame I loaded I still had to destroy the statue and to get the relic. I tried getting the relic first and damaging the statue after that and the other way round.

Maybe this helps to fix the bug. Anyway thank you for this great mission! :rolleyes:

Nice mission... when I can play it finally. I am experiencing a strange bug on my Radeon 4870 (latest drivers): When the mission starts the graphics look great but "upside down". I can walk and walk but I cannot see the floor but the sky. Really amusing and weird!

I have The Dark Mod updated. And the specs of my rig are on my profile always.

Edited by GabrielSans

The sun of Sanskrit knowledge

Try disabling Catalyst AI, or turning off bloom. See http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=FAQ#Slow_loading_times and thereabouts.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Try disabling Catalyst AI, or turning off bloom. See http://modetwo.net/d...w_loading_times and thereabouts.

OK, I'll try that out and let you know the results.

The sun of Sanskrit knowledge

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw in some kudos to the team... wonderful detail and a great feel. MUCH larger mission that it appears to be at first! I've only played it partially through (due to all sorts of fun homefront joys, like sickness, perpetual energy toddlers, and out of state trips) but have done some rather interesting roofwalking and crawling. Great, unconventional places to go with a feeling that the map can go on and on.

Just wanted to post how great this piece of work is without bugs or suggestions. Really awesome!

207115_1788633687853_1599901965_31729336_1424191_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I like this mission very much!

By getting through the sewers

I had gained very fast a high sense of the old THIEF-feeling! The little town was nice and I very liked all the flyer's on the walls and ground, very nice! The silver can in the kitchen was beautiful. But I missed some explanation for the bleeding Lucia, maybe some paint drops from the workers...

But sadly, I had the objective-bug, too. How often was this mission updated? :rolleyes:

So I don´t know how much loot I´m missing; I found 2121 GP (Gold Pounds?). Could someone tell me please, how much loot there is?

Now I´m gonna tell you about the bugs:

There were some carpets with 'walking-on-stone'-sounds in the priests rooms and somewhere else I think.

Ah, at the beginning, as I was walking to the Church I heard a Builder talk about Beggars and Rats and only at the very first time I heard a response! (most likely just the guard babbling) It seems to me as there should be a conversation but it happened no more else!(as I reloaded) So, what is it? It seems confusing, because there is only one guard standing there and he has a different voice.

In the priests room there was a red hat jumping around when I frobbed it! This was a gag, right?:unsure: And in the book about the Pagan Problem there were some hyphen´s at the wrong places.

While holding objects/weapons above water there is a strange aura around them, but this is for sure a DarkMod/engine problem

This shaft in the sewers was very hard to climb back down! (hurt myself several times due to falling down)

About the 'Divert suspicion from your client'-objective: I was on Easy able to collect the necessary loot before getting to the church, so I would have made a rule to get some specific loot from the church to fulfill this objective more realistic (but I don´t think someone would leave loot in a church untouched, really, if there are any places that should be looted by all costs, it should be churches!!!)

I was also wondering why the crypt door isn´t accessible.

One of the busts before the statue room looked in the wrong direction.

I made screenshots of everything that looked not right to me, so I don´t think I forgot something.:)

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I also have the relic mission bug. It only unticks after I leave the church. I have version 1.01. Is there a later version anywhere?

No, that bug hasn't been addressed yet.

Saint Lucia is now updated with various fixes including the relic objective bug. It can now be downloaded from http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/fmdetails.php?id=15 but please use the fidcal mirror for now. The upload is still going up to the bloodgate mirror (@ 15:15 BST) so will be a few more minutes.

This new version is referenced V1.01 in the info panel and needs TDM 1.01. I recommend you first delete any existing...

doom3\saintlucia

doom3\darkmod\fms\saintlucia

and put the new download in your darkmod fms folder.

• 1 month later...

I just finished this mission... This was my first experience with TDM, aside from playing the tutorial yesterday. I just wanted to say I'm thoroughly impressed. It felt every bit as professional as any of the missions I remember playing in Thief 1-3. Fantastic job on both the mod and this mission.

• 2 months later...

Mmm... There are a couple of

tall coin stacks in the upper room above where you go down the trapdoor to the sewer (where you climb up through a hole. These are only 20 each but they are moveable. What that means is that in theory if you threw the planks up out of the way they might have been knocked out of sight. There is also a loot bottle there worth 110 so you must have been up there and got that. That still leaves 5 but they could be one of the small coin stacks or even single coins. They are so easily knocked away.

As a last resort you can enter tdm_show_loot 1 in the console which briefly highlights remaining loot for a few seconds.

As a last resort you can enter tdm_show_loot 1 in the console which briefly highlights remaining loot for a few seconds.

Thanks, Fidcal !

That helped a lot. 2 of the items I should have found myself earlier already.

Especially since I spend 1 hour knocking out everybody and lighting all candles and torches in that level

and running around with having my lantern lit as well. Very thiefy :ph34r:, I know. :laugh:

But who was responsible for the

goblet under the bed (near the bar)

???

Even with all candles on in that room I could not spot it !

Anyway, this is a fine mission and the best I have played so far !

Edited by gnartsch

But who was responsible for the

goblet under the bed (near the bar)

???

Even with all candles on in that room I could not spot it !

Hmmm you mean at the start of the mission? If you are referring to that one maybe the origins got changed because I remember making sure you can just see it crouched. I can't recall if it's movable either but maybe it got bumped.

Since I made the map I'm pretty sure I'm responsible Lol.