The Dark Mod Forums

Submissions of any kind, prefabs, FMs, textures, models, and any other help

Fidcal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You should be able to mask out portions of the environment map using the maskcolor and maskalpha keywords but don't take my word as gospel.

Hi!

I made a thread named "Need a musician?" over at the I want to help section, so I thought I'd check out the given submission thread :)

Made one song today, short one, 2:55, inspired by Thief (duh), and hopefully something to enjoy.

Bear with me here, I know it's megaupload and it's really slow, but it's the only solution I could think of.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WRS6CIA5

That's the link, the song is named Cold, Cold Heart.

If you want the sample, it should come up shortly at my myspace - http://www.myspace.c...rkdisguisemusic

Another page, heard that the megaupload seemed a bit hard to reach.

Wow thank you =).

Well, not via myspace, they have a very limited amount of space.

I don't know of any other uploading site.

http://www.filefacto...bee1a43e3734f9/

This one might help, hopefully.

Have a good one!

Edited by DarkDisguise

Thanks yes, that should be of use in a spooky setting. But I'm no expert with sounds so it needs someone here please to advise about producing a sound shader and converting to ogg and also about the volume level. It sounded rather low but I'm not sure how it compares with other tracks we already have.

The actual ambience itself sounded OK to me and I'd use it if I had an FM with a suitable setting.

What do others think? Anyone willing to process this then I can upload it to contributions.

Excellent! Simple, but just right.

I look forward to hearing your tracks played in future FMs. How about making the next one able to be looped without fading out at the end?

http://soundcloud.com/dark-disguise

Here it is, this site should work better, hopefully.

It's a music site, but you'll be able to download every track.

There's Wav. formats bigger than the others, and there's ogg., the smaller ones.

So far it's only Cold, Cold Heart, but I'll come around soon.

See you!

Edited by DarkDisguise

thats link dont work.. -_-

What is it with technique today :S It works when searching for Dark Disguise (note the space, someone else already took it..)

Strangely enough the same exact adress shows up.

Maybe if you copy the adress and paste it in the search field.

That's just awkward.. sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by DarkDisguise

copy and pasting it work, but you should know posting url directly in forums threads never work, so just type your name and then highlight it and then paste the link into it etc..

DarkDisguise

Oh.. So that's why. Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Come to think of it I do remember that thing about forums, but I've never understood the solution for it.

Thank you again :)

New songs for the interested!

DarkDisguise

"Within the Builder's Abbey", "Opportune Quarters", and "Stop That Thief!" Are the new ones added.

Been straying a bit from the original ambient path as of late, but I'll get back to it shortly :)

See you.

By the way, there's two sets now - Ogg. and MP3.

Edited by DarkDisguise

• 2 weeks later...

What's the score on the mappers emporium resource site, so we can upload all these prefabs etc..?

I've been waiting on an upstream fix for some security stuff, however I think that I can just work around them for now. Everything should be working and I just need to link up all the registration pages to not log users out. Will do this on Wednes/Thursday.

Jesps, those are excellent! Ideal for backgrounds and such, and with a little rebuilding/retexturing, they provide even more variety. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 3 weeks later...

These look very good Garreth, thanks. I'll use some of these myself. :)

The packaging is OK but there is a better way. I'll do some more info for you on your own thread for your next pack. Sotha was right - we need more tutorials. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

http://thedarkcorner.robertrueger.de/telescope/

screenshot.jpg

Model is made out of 6 func_statics:

1. the telescope itself

2. the mount

3. the tripod

+3 reduced polygon shadow casters inside

The telescope_1 prefab is not yet aligned and intended for those who want to rotate the telescope's parts themselves.

The telecope_2 prefab is already arranged in a reasonable position and ready to use.

Use them for whatever you want! If you release a FM with them, I would be very happy if you would send me a message so I can have a look at them ingame :) ...

Best regards,

Robert

PS: I've been learning DR for about a week now, so constructive criticism is very welcome :) ...

Edited by Robert

Most Excellent, Robert.

Just so you know, larger items like this are typically dirtied-up for TDM. This one looks like it just came off a store shelf. But it's definitely something I'd like to see (or use) in a map.

Thanks!