The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex 3

Unstoppable

The hacking minigame on the homepage is cool, though.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Exclusive game content for preorders only -- what a stupid concept. They only sell you the full game when you buy it (twice) before it ships.

:wacko:

Guess smart people will get a warez version with all the content the publisher sells exclusively. :ph34r: Maybe those EM marketing guys were selling cars before branching out into the gaming industry...

I'm pretty sure whenever a developer includes retail-locked custom content it's present in all copies of the game. All they need to restrict access is an identifier that can be controlled during distribution like CD keys. It doesn't make sense to press several unique discs for different retailers when you can do it in software.

• Additional Mission
  • Explosive Pack
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Automatic Unlocking Device

Pre-Order Deus X Human Revolution from GameStop.com to receive exclusive weapons and an additional in-game mission:

Additional Mission Convinced to aid a man who’s neither friend nor foe, Adam must work his way through the dangerous Lower Hengsha and save the life of someone he doesn’t know. Delve deeper into the Deus Ex mythos with this exclusive side mission featuring a cameo from a classic Deus Ex character.

Explosive Pack M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED:) A next-generation iteration of the venerable ‘satchel charge’ demolition/anti-armor device, the M-28 is a user-deployed explosive twinned to a handheld short-range wireless radio detonator.

Grenade Launcher Linebacker G-87 MSGL (Multiple Shot Grenade Launcher): The G-87 is a multi-shot shoulder-arm low velocity grenade launcher with a gravity-fed magazine containing six 40x46mm high explosive grenade cartridges.

Automatic Unlocking Device Using modified microwave pulse technology, the Keybreaker Security Countermeasure unit can neutralize 98% of conventional electronic and digital locking systems.

Online Customers: A code with instructions on how to download your weapons and mission will be emailed to you within 48 hours of the game’s release.

Store Customers/In-Store Pick-up: A code with instructions on how to download your weapons and mission will be printed on your receipt at time of game pick-up.

• Additional Mission

additional mission my eye. More like majority of customers get a mission "subtracted" from their copy even though they are paying full price for the game. profit whoring #$@!s. This does not give me confidence about thi4f. I swear to christ if I have to shell out $10 extra dollars to use water arrows, I'll...... bitch about it a lot.

Exclusive game content for preorders only -- what a stupid concept. They only sell you the full game when you buy it (twice) before it ships.

:wacko:

... or you can do what I do: Wait for at least six months after the game is released. This gets you the following benefits:

A patched game with any glaring flaws worked out, like the TDS AI bug

A much cheaper price, especially if you pick it up used

A good chance that the "extra" content will be included with a "special edition" copy of the game

A chance to find out what *real* people think about the game and how it stacks up (major review sites don't usually count here)

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Just to quell some of your concerns.

1. The device to override hacking is a one time use consumable. ONE TIME.

2. The extra mission stuff is included in the augmented edition outside of the U.S. Seems like Gamestop in the U.S. has the exclusives. You can check other sites like French stores which detail that you get the extra mission with the augmented edition.

3. Augmented edition is only $10 more but you get tons of extra stuff. Usually other higher level editions charge much more for shitty stuff.

For more info visit this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115116

Basically the U.S. people get screwed with the extra mission, unless something changes before release. You either pirate it or buy from Gamestop, or just buy some another retailers and not get the extra mission.

Gamestop must be promoting the game heavily or something to secure the extra mission. (U.S. ONLY)

Check the price and pre order now if you want to lock in any possible rate hikes in the future. I'll give you a good example.

http://www.game.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Edition/~r352990/?s=deus+ex

Edited by Unstoppable

Unstoppable: Is this Augmented Edition available for both PC and Yboy or only for that shitty console? Also, is this in some way a Limited Edition, meaning that when it's out, it's out?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

The Augmented edition will be available for Xbox 360, PS 3, and PC.

Longshad I can hardly understand you. However you will be able to move boxes if you have the strength augmentation like in Deus Ex. You can also break windows etc. Here are some videos so you can see for yourself.

They had to remove some things to keep the frame rate smooth. At least they are able to prioritize unlike Ion Storm with Invisible War which was a disaster.

Fixed.

Edited by Unstoppable

Try now I fixed it. Amazon also now has the augmented edition. (U.S. and U.K. respectively)

Notice how in the UK Aug you get everything, while in the U.S. if you want the bonus mission +other stuff you need to get it from Gamestop. Interesting.

dx3-screenshot6.jpg

dx3-screenshot30.jpg

dx3-screenshot44.jpg

Looking pretty sweet if you ask me. This time I don't think I will be disappointed like I was with Invisible War :).

Go here for more, plenty of new screen shots. Let me know your thoughts.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113259

Edited by Unstoppable

still i dont get it how this is pre-dx stuff..

I always thought Dx2,3,4 should have been 3 branching stories based on the 3 different ending of the first game. Invisible war just mashed all the three endings making our final choice from the first game absolutely unimportant.

still i dont get it how this is pre-dx stuff..

I always thought Dx2,3,4 should have been 3 branching stories based on the 3 different ending of the first game. Invisible war just mashed all the three endings making our final choice from the first game absolutely unimportant.

What don't you get? It's set in the year 2027 about 30 years before the first one which is 2052. Things look more advanced but the augmentations are not. They are mechanical instead of nano. Also they have added a renaissance and trans-humanism elements to it. It looks more advanced in the sense that the engine they are using along with the technology has changed during the last 10 years. They are able to do things that only Warren Spector could dream of back in 2000.

Yes it looks vastly different but at it's core it sticks to the story because these events happen before those of 2052. The gray virus we know nothing about and neither about Bob Page or Walton Simmons. JC Denton and Paul Denton are either not born or just babies/kids.

As for the elements I got that info from the developers and official boards. You can find those at forums.eidosgames.com

New Trailer here encompassing all previous game play trailers in high def.

http://kotaku.com/5710958/this-amazing-deus-ex-trailer-will-need-some-popcorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The only solution I have found to piracy is cloud gaming with things like On Live. If the user gets their games streamed and never stored then there is no way to pirate them.

I wonder if this will be the wave of the future with consoles, on one hand it would mean the end to retail, on the other it would mean the end of piracy.

The question is, is there a better way and who is going to find it?

Yeah... its "don't worry about ti too much, make games that are actually worth the money you pay for them"

Which also means charging less per unit since... Valve is a great example of this. How many people dont have Orange Box? How much did Orange Box cost at launch? How many hours of gameplay and amount of content was there? And it wasnt just because it was tied to Steam, Portal piracy was incredibly low, as well as Ep2 etc.

But when you can hype and market SP games which are rushed through development with little regard for established buyers, only to demand unreasonable amounts and harsh penalties to compliance... Oh, you're too scared to tough it out and see if people will actually buy something on merit :) Gotta blame something at the end of the day, but no one will ever say "well we made a sub par game and the market wasn't listening to our hype machine". But I guess when you're sipping that "Hey the Titanic is too big to sink" koolaid, dropping triple figure mils on a single product; you've gotta blame something post-release! it couldn't have been mismanagement and a poor product! (insert nvidia here).

Yeah... its "don't worry about ti too much, make games that are actually worth the money you pay for them"

Which also means charging less per unit since... Valve is a great example of this. How many people dont have Orange Box? How much did Orange Box cost at launch? How many hours of gameplay and amount of content was there? And it wasnt just because it was tied to Steam, Portal piracy was incredibly low, as well as Ep2 etc.

But when you can hype and market SP games which are rushed through development with little regard for established buyers, only to demand unreasonable amounts and harsh penalties to compliance... Oh, you're too scared to tough it out and see if people will actually buy something on merit :) Gotta blame something at the end of the day, but no one will ever say "well we made a sub par game and the market wasn't listening to our hype machine". But I guess when you're sipping that "Hey the Titanic is too big to sink" koolaid, dropping triple figure mils on a single product; you've gotta blame something post-release! it couldn't have been mismanagement and a poor product! (insert nvidia here).

What games are you talking about Serp? I can think of one example very quickly and that game is Dragon Age 2. First off the promo for it on Game Informer was horrendous interms of image quality. They put a new art lead in the game and change the entire look of the art style. It was previewed way too early though and Bioware heard the rants on the forums.

Anyway further proof is the fact that copies of the expansion Dragonage: Awakening had a card with February as a possible launch/announcement to Dragonage 2. The release date as it stands is March 8, 2011 I believe.

Anyway the game is looking much better, and one of the Bioware leads Dr. Ray said that they have been working on it a long time before they announced. However I really feel it's trying to be a quick cash in, they could of easily delayed it to late 2011 or early 2012 but nope.

Is EA to blame? Maybe. They are now owned by EA after all. This will be the first monumental shift in Bioware's credibility I think. On one hand they are releasing a game in half the time it took them to make Dragonage: Origins. On the other hand they are promising the same great experience with new game play elements and what not.

Can they pull it off? I'm not betting on it and I'm waiting for the reviews and probably for price drops.

What games do you think about that are being pushed out of development too early?

Gothic 3 with add-on Götterdämmerung and Gothic 4 (Arcania) come to my mind. There are countless others, but those 3 are really horrendous examples how to NOT make a game.

• 1 year later...

Big announcement: In case you haven't noticed, the movie rights for Assassin's Creed and Deus Ex have been bought. The AC movie will star Michael Fassbender als the Assassin. There is not much known about the DX movie except that it will be directed by Adrian Askarieh, who brought us the Hitman movie (which is said to be surprisingly good), and the producer of The Ring (US remake), The Grudge (US remake), Roy Lee.

Please find the full story here.

I just hope the movie will be better than the House of the Dead adaptation by Uwe Boll. :D