The Dark Mod Forums

Readables

nagli

Sorry, guys... I'm totaly new in map-design.

1. I created entity:

Darkmode/Readables/atdm:readable_mobile_scroll

2. Added Property: xdata_contents with value wolfnote1

3. Created folder xdata in maps folder

4. Created file dayofwolf.xd :

wolfnote1

{

precache

"num_pages": "1"

"page1_body" :

{

"Test"

}

}

Map compilated succesfully; scroll can be taken, but can't be read...

WYSIWYG editor also not starting. Says: "Cannot run Readable Editor on this selection. Please select a single XData entity."

What I'm doing wrong?

Sorry again for poor English.

I thik you need to update TDM to the latest version first. In order for this to work, you need to d/l the TDM Updater from the website, as the tdm_update.exe supplied with the first release of TDM didn't get a connection to the server (at least not in my case). After TDM is updated, everything should work fine. 

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Your xdata is incomplete. Also, the xdata folder does not go in the maps folder; it goes in the darkmod folder or game folder. The editor should create the xdata file for you anyway with xdata so I suggest you start again. Copy your text somewhere first if you've already types some stuff in.

Info at http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Readable_Editor

I have an issue with the Readable Editor. When I try to work on a Readable I created in an empty map, nothing is shown on the preview screen. I attached a screenshot of my desktop, so that you can check the error messages in the console. If you need a copy of the complete console text (at least the yellow and red text), just say a word.

post-3427-126856028366_thumb.jpg

WYSIWYG editor also not starting. Says: "Cannot run Readable Editor on this selection. Please select a single XData entity."

If you've selected a single readable entity, you'll have to update your TDM like 7upMan said. We changed something on the readables for the Readable Editor to work properly. Your XData definition is missing the gui_page statement in which you define which "look" shall be used to display the text, e.g. a book-texture or a scroll-texture.

@7upMan: Better post the whole error-list you also send me. Maybe someone else can make something of it.

Here's the list of the errors the DR console shows. I started copying the messages as soon as they turned up in a different color than black. Maybe you coder guys can make something of it.

DR_errors.txt

I have an issue with the Readable Editor. When I try to work on a Readable I created in an empty map, nothing is shown on the preview screen. I attached a screenshot of my desktop, so that you can check the error messages in the console. If you need a copy of the complete console text (at least the yellow and red text), just say a word.

As a BUMP I can say that I have the same problem; The text from the left isn't transferred onto the preview-sheets on the right...

Full log: Just copy everything in the console to a txt fle and post it here?

Fonts: How do I do that?

The console says it cannot find font XXXXXXXX

Looks a lot like 7upMan's screen shot above...

Cannot find font in windowDef Desktop

Cannot find font in windowDef Contents

Cannot find font in windowDef backgroundsingle

Cannot find font in windowDef topScroll

Cannot find font in windowDef bottomScroll

Cannot find font ellianerelle in windowDef title

Cannot find font ellianerelle in windowDef body

Cannot find font in windowDef BackgroundShow

Cannot find font in windowDef BackgroundHide

Cannot find font in windowDef BackgroundFadeIn

Cannot find font in windowDef BackgroundFadeOut

Cannot find font in windowDef ContentsFadeIn

Cannot find font in windowDef ContentsFadeOut

Bah! Here is the entire file :)

complete_error_log Fieldmedic.txt

Edited by Fieldmedic

DarkRadiant can handle PK4s just fine, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use any material or entityDef.

But there's a bug in the code which prevents fonts from being found in PK4s, I guess a bugfix release is in order.

Yeah, I thought about that after my post :) But it's strange such a bug slipped through though. But anyway, good that we probably have found the cause. But it's not a big deal at the moment because I use a small map which DMAP's and loads fast when I test things like readables...

Well, we don't have a large testing team nor do we have many mappers left on the team who were not frantically working on their maps or the 1.01 release. Not an excuse, but that's how things are rolling.

But anyway, good that we probably have found the cause. But it's not a big deal at the moment because I use a small map which DMAP's and loads fast when I test things like readables...

As workaround I can only suggest to extract the contents of the tdm_fonts01.pk4 package such that the fonts/ folder is outside the PK4. But this is a hackish workaround so you should not forget about deleting it later on when DarkRadiant 1.2.1 is released.

Just so you know, i haf ze darkradiant-1.1.1pre2.exe. maybi zis is ze prrroblem.

sori for mei englüsch.

*Shhh* You were supposed to be quiet about that one and test it silently!! :P But well, testing wouldn't have worked without the update of TDM anyway, like I later realized... You should definitely upgrade to 1.2 though and use the workaround greebo posted. There were quite some bugfixes since 1.1.1pre2.

But it's strange such a bug slipped through though.

That one probably slipped through because we all use the SVN copy of The Dark Mod, which does not have any pk4s. Still a little embarrassing something like this happens... :)

Ah, sorry, I thought it would help to find out the cause. So, can I d/l the zip version and just copy the contents over my previous DR install?