The Dark Mod Forums

White patches in TDM

Stalchild

Ok, the game runs 100% smooth, which is great! Especially considering my FPS wasn't the best with vanilla Doom.

However, I've noticed on different areas in the training mission that the textures? are bright white, with no detail.

And on a tree in the archery area I can see Green lines on the branches at different angles..

I would post screens if I knew where they saved to.

It's almost like it's lighting, since if I walk into a white area on the ground, my bow turns white as well..

Like the moonlight is a texture destroying death beam..

I've heard some people have issues with graphics, because of bloom..

I saw nowhere in the setting to turn bloom off..

So if someone would direct me to that, and wherever screenshots are saved, I would appreciate it.

"What business have you in Ikana Kingdom, land where only the dead roam? This is no place for one as full of life as you." Sharp

Screenshots should save to doom3/darkmod/screenshots.

In that case, f12 isn't saving screenshots, there is no screenshots folder..

I guess ill just prntscreen and save them in paint..

"What business have you in Ikana Kingdom, land where only the dead roam? This is no place for one as full of life as you." Sharp

In that case, f12 isn't saving screenshots, there is no screenshots folder..

I guess ill just prntscreen and save them in paint..

Open the console in game and type:

bind screenshot F12

Now press F12 in game to take a screenshot.

Also in the console type:

set r_bloom 0 (or something very close to that)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Open the console in game and type:

bind screenshot F12

Now press F12 in game to take a screenshot.

Also in the console type:

set r_bloom 0 (or something very close to that)

bind screenshot f12 didn't work, and prntscreen only brings up a large grey square when i paste it.

It's not like solid blocks, like the wood grain on a pank may be solid white, or the pattern on stones..

I think it's a lighting issue..

And it happens outside primarily.. it's abundant in the archery area, and the jumping/mantling area..

This is really annoying, and it's blinding too, I can tell this game would be fun on the bun, if not for this bug i'm having..

I searched the forums for a similar problem but it seems nobody else has the issue..

my graphics card isn't the best, but it's enough. Geforce 71000 series..

Again, super super smooth playing, great fps.

I rarely get that, in any game.

So that is awesome.

But i'm going off subject.

Sorry for posting so much, but I'm going to bed, it's been a long day filled with TDM related stress.. But before I go, I did run the updater again, and everything checked out ok, so I'm sure that it is my graphics card, and not the files. Again, this issue occurs usually in moonlight, not the beams that stream through windows, but actually outside lighting. At least, im assuming it's lighting, because it happens primarily outside, an entire wall of that big tower in the archery area that has rope arrows in it is bright white, and I can see what looks like the outlines of the bricks though.

Everything else if fine, and there are no issues like this in Doom 3 at all. I have pixel shader 3.0, if that matters..

But regardless of all that, I do meet the system requirements, and everything else is A-ok except for the screenshots not saving, f12 does nothing at all for me, and I don't know the command to make a keybind for screenshots.

Hi Stalchild, just type screenshot in the console, thats working too.

• Like 1

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

bind screenshot f12 didn't work, and prntscreen only brings up a large grey square when i paste it.

It's not like solid blocks, like the wood grain on a pank may be solid white, or the pattern on stones..

I think it's a lighting issue..

And it happens outside primarily.. it's abundant in the archery area, and the jumping/mantling area..

This is really annoying, and it's blinding too, I can tell this game would be fun on the bun, if not for this bug i'm having..

I searched the forums for a similar problem but it seems nobody else has the issue..

my graphics card isn't the best, but it's enough. Geforce 71000 series..

Again, super super smooth playing, great fps.

I rarely get that, in any game.

So that is awesome.

But i'm going off subject.

I'm worried that the reason you are having good performance is because your graphics card is not actually rendering very much and as such, is able to power through the rendering pass. Yeah if prntscrn is only giving you a grey screen when pasting into a program you can also try running in windowed mode with:

set r_fullscreen 0

vid_restart

Also download fraps and run that when playing the game, and use it's internal screenshot taking ability to grab screens.

Also go to the nvidia control panel and check out your system information; what driver are you using? I'm running 196.86 with no issues with 2xGeForce GTX 260M in SLi mode.

• Like 1

Well, I updated my drivers.. nothing changed..

driver version is in the screen-shot

30ij53c.jpg

There's just one, until i take more later, if anyone needs them..

And when I say "super smooth" it's relative, like 25 fps, which for me is great, since the game looks nice. Halo 1 maxed out still lags for me. as an example.

Oh and last night the screenshots weren't saving, but today i typed in "screenshot' and it all started working, and last nights screens also were in the folder, which was empty last night..

Weird..

However they are saving at around 900kb.. which is to large, obviously.. And they are saved in some weird quicktime format. But that's kind of irrelevant. These white areas are not affecting gameplay, beside the cosmetic view of it..

Oh yea fraps worked great, thanks.

post-3699-126876030674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stalchild

Also try going into your doom config and making sure image_useallformats (something like that) is set to 1.

Just seems like a setting of yours is off somewhere.

As rebb suggested, you could also try setting the ambient to 'fast' and the interaction shader to standard in the video settings to see if you find a problem there.

Did you try playing around with the Standard/Fast Ambient and Rendering settings in the Graphics Options Menu ?

Maybe it helps.

Yea I set both to standard.

Looks nice, I see no real difference, which is cool, besides the LACK OF WHITE SQUARES ALL OVER THE PLACE OH MY GOD.

Ok thanks, time to have fun on the bun.

What a nice community.

On an off note

is what I heard when it worked. Edited by Stalchild

30ij53c.jpg

Oh yea fraps worked great, thanks.

The fuck? That's........weird. Looks almost like graphics memory corruption.

Also, Doom3's default screenshots are TGA files, which are uncompressed AFAIK. You can set it to use jpeg or bmp if you want. I can't remember the cvar for that though.

I had the exact same issue on one computer. Looked exactly like that.

As I recall it was the Fast Ambient setting that did it.

Maybe you have to uninstall and re-install the mission after you change the setting for it to work?

The problem and answer has definitely been reported many times before.

Look around in the FAQ or bugs thread right after the time 1.0 was first released if you want to double-check.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.