The Dark Mod Forums

Main Picture Rights?

Nielsen74

Is there anything worng with useing the main pic from The Dark Mod to put on T-shirts/coffemugs ect for future contest prize´s/personal use?

blanklevelshot.jpg

and if not, do any of you hav a high res version of it?

Edited by Nielsen74

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the Logo belongs to Springheel, and there's a high-res photoshop version somewhere on our FTP, if I can dig it up.

Edit: Meh. I lost my password to Dram's FTP. But Springheel is your guy to ask for permission.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

well maby I should make some "standert" items you folk can order (item+shipping prise only, as I´m not in it for the money (like that would be a million anyway mellow.gif )) and then some "special" ones for whatever contest(s) there might be in the future wink.gif

What I whas thinking of with this, was that if anybody was planning a contest they could contact me or I could just jump in and offer some prizes for the contest!

well maby I should make some "standert" items you folk can order (item+shipping prise only, as I´m not in it for the money (like that would be a million anyway mellow.gif )) and then some "special" ones for whatever contest(s) there might be in the future wink.gif

What I whas thinking of with this, was that if anybody was planning a contest they could contact me or I could just jump in and offer some prizes for the contest!

We'll keep you updated regarding contests :)

Wants me a mug...

Running with the idér (this is just WIP pictures) wink.gif

Front.jpg

Need´s a High ris texture

Back.jpg

A composition of the Dark Radial logo and sidefigure1 from The Dark Mod

And I would love to hear idérs from all of you out there as well ohmy.gif

(and from who ever made any howl/part of what ever pic´s there is usede for the TDM and DarkRadial to lad me know if it´s ok that I use the pic´s for NON COMMERCIAL use?)

Idérs so fare are a mug, a T-shirt and a mouse mat, but what of the textures???

Edited by Nielsen74

I found the hi-res photoshop file, but I'm still waiting on Springheel's permission (if he doesn't PM you the file himself).

(I love the TDM mug, but I'd like to see a bit of text on the DR mug. THAT's something I'd proudly display my coffee in. :D)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

I found the hi-res photoshop file, but I'm still waiting on Springheel's permission

I'd forgotten to look for the file...if you have it handy then feel free.

... and put some silly caption on it like "if you can read this, your gamma is too high".

Nice.tongue.gif Much better than what I was about to suggest (The Dark Mug rolleyes.gif). Agree this definitely needs a black mug, that Dark Radiant version would look pretty good in black I think.

The Dark Mug :rolleyes:

:laugh: No way, that's brilliant. You could even combine them both into one mug.

Oh, and put www.thedarkmod.com underneath the text "The Dark Mug", so more people can get the joke. Wouldn't hurt on the mod publicity front either. ;)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I could probably put together a design or two, but I'd need to know what dimensions and background colour.

I´d love if you could make a couple wink.gif

(as for size and file form, Vistaprint accept .psd .bmp .cdr .clk .png .gif .jpg .jpeg and some others too and size under 14 mb)

So fare I´v not ben able to track down a site that has black mugs (all white only)mad.gifmad.gif

I orderet a test mug a few days ago, with the blanklevelshot on, it arrived today and it looks like shit very bad sad.gif (too purple in color and to blurred/fussy) so I´l hav to come up with something different! unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you don't find black mugs, because they are harder to print on. Just a guess, but the same goes for T-Shirts etc.

They have black ones (took me 5 seconds to google for "print on black coffee mug"..)

http://www.print.org.nz/promo_items/coffee_mug_paris.htm

I'd order a "The Dark Mug" too :P

Edit: Here is some more info on why white dominates: http://www.giftmugs.com/ourfaqs/Mug_Types_1.html#07177764

Edit 2: This is also an option: http://www.giftmugs.com/Morph-Coffee-Mug-Photo.htm#mugs

I have such a mug from Bletchley Par, it reveals some "secret" text when you pour hot beverages into it.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

The problem with site you refer to (and the others I´v lookde at) is that there is a minimun order limet at a 100 mugs huh.gif and if I press the good folk her "we" might get up to a order of 40-50 mugs and I don´t need 50-60 mugs my self blink.gif

but I´l keep looking wink.gif

Edited by Nielsen74