The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Heart of Lone Salvation by Fidcal, Baddcog & Bikerdude (2010/04/02)

Fidcal

For it being one of the first 20 missions made and over 4 years old now, it's all the more impressive.

Don't forget the mission was overhaled to make it 2.01 comlient and a bunch of extra bling was added at the same time to bring the mission upto scratch with current mapping techniqes.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played previous version(s), so I can't compare. I just played it for a while, but it is clear why this mission had been favourite for so long time! It's huge! Beautiful (mostly because of overhaul?) and with GREAT STORY (at least from the notes I found, I got really absorbed by awaiting to to find what happened).

In other words, you guys are to blame that I don't have enough time for work, cause I can't concentrate until I finish this!

I have a buggy problem here:

I want to destroy the Heart, but when I try to fill the bath, the game freezes. The bath was working when I tried it first time after couple of minutes (half an hour?) of playing and it was working fine. Any idea how can I prevent it from freezing? I don't want to miss the optional objective...

I remember the bath causing random freezes/crashes way back when it was first released.

I just tried it again on easy and I managed to get a crash

I operated the handwheel to turn on the flow then used the mouse wheel to cycle through the items and it froze solid

To add I had no problems playing on 2.01 but this crash was on 2.02 beta but whether that is relevant I have no idea

Edited by Oldjim

First time posting here - and it's with a question.

I seem to have finished most of the mission, but still have one objective unchecked that I think should be checked - to find out how Sam died. I've found his body and put it in the chapel. It seems obvious to me he starved to death. But obviously there's some trigger I've missed somewhere.<br>

• 4 weeks later...

An excellent mission - now I know why it was remembered so fondly by the people who played TDM before 2.00.

First time posting here - and it's with a question.

I seem to have finished most of the mission, but still have one objective unchecked that I think should be checked - to find out how Sam died. I've found his body and put it in the chapel. It seems obvious to me he starved to death. But obviously there's some trigger I've missed somewhere.<br>

I'm pretty sure you just need to

read the letter lying next to Sam's skeleton

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm a bit stuck

on how to ignite the powder for releasing the gem? I'm currently down by the pump room where the big spider is and I can see a glass thingy on the ceiling with what looks a fuse at the top but I'm unable to get close enough to light it...

• 4 months later...

I am enjoying this mission immensely, it would be in the top 5 among my personal favorites. And I have gotten most of the good stuff EXCEPT

that @$%& light in the main hall. I have climbed up the chain of the adjacent chandelier, all the way to the top, and leaned as far as I could, and can't reach it (and/or) nothing happens (and/or) I am not pressing the right key. I dunno what the problem is...

• 1 month later...

Well, I've almost finished this challenging mission, with the exception of one objective - I simply can't find the Book of Rogues - I've frobbed every book I've come across but this one is not ticking off for me.

Hints, ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

AJ

It is in the same basement room where you can find lord of the manor. Just a room with fireplace. Book is near fireplace on pedestal.

There is object about how corrupted that lord is and I should do something about it... Just what do i have to do?

Oh well, it appears I have a glitch of some kind then, Noordung.

I spent an hour last night scouring every inch of that lounge room and still couldn't find it; it definitely wasn't on the pedestal

nor could I find it anywhere else in the room (under a seat or something) - I even tried no_clip just to see if it had gotten nudged somewhere but still no luck.

I'm not overly concerned since for all intents and purposes I have completed all the rest of the objectives - it's just that, short of starting it all over again, it's now going to be the only mission that doesn't have that lovely green tick (check mark) against it in the menu mission list.

Thanks for the help though - it was still a terrific mission to play.

AJ

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been playing old missions while waiting for new ones. This remains one of the best ever. However, I am experiencing a problem:

Destroying the heart does not work as described elsewhere above. In the pure water stream under the mansion, I have tried to drop the heart in the spring near the grid that blocks player exits off the map. The use key highlights the heart in green, but it also does this in a lot of other places. This seems to do nothing. Using the R key does nothing.

I note that there is a deep, rectangular well in the floor at about the middle of the pure spring (new?), but the U and R keys also do nothing there either. For completeness, I also tried the source where the spring comes out of a pipe and some junk can be found at the bottom. Nothing happens there either. Since destruction of the heart is optional, the game will finish on returning to the starting point, but it would be nice to get rid of the heart.

I am playing with TDB v2.03 and I recently downloaded the mission with the in-game downloader.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been playing old missions while waiting for new ones. This remains one of the best ever. However, I am experiencing a problem:

Destroying the heart does not work as described elsewhere above. In the pure water stream under the mansion, I have tried to drop the heart in the spring near the grid that blocks player exits off the map. The use key highlights the heart in green, but it also does this in a lot of other places. This seems to do nothing. Using the R key does nothing.

I note that there is a deep, rectangular well in the floor at about the middle of the pure spring (new?), but the U and R keys also do nothing there either. For completeness, I also tried the source where the spring comes out of a pipe and some junk can be found at the bottom. Nothing happens there either. Since destruction of the heart is optional, the game will finish on returning to the starting point, but it would be nice to get rid of the heart.

I am playing with TDB v2.03 and I recently downloaded the mission with the in-game downloader.

From what I remember....

You use the end of sewer outside of the mansion, use the heart at the bars at the end of it. I can't remember if you use it as an item or just drop it in. Careful when you succeed, though!