The Dark Mod Forums

Gamepad Support

LEGION

Hi,

i couldn´t find anything for Doom 3 Gamepad Support. But for the Darkmod it would be perfect, for me. In the first two Thief´s (didn´t tried Thief 3 yet) I used the left stick for walking (how much you push is how fast you´re walking) and I LOVE this! It adds a more realistic feeling and more suspense when sneaking up behind a guard and I would be happy to use this in the dark mod!

I used this on the game "SiN", which has the quake2-engine and hopefully Doom3 uses the same commands, I have to try...

The rest of the commands could be emulated with something like "Joy2Key". I´m always using "Mouselook" with the right Stick, it´s more sensitive.

I would be happy, if the X and Y axis would be supported by the game!:)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Yeah gamepad would be great for this. It might be possible with a special keyboard > gamepad convertor. I did try a trial of a shareware one once but forgot what happened to that. I recall the free version you had to config every session so I didn't get too far.

Actually I´m using "JoyToKey", it´s the best there for free. But I´m not happy with it.

As for Doom 3 I found a very good one: "Pinnacle Game Profiler"! But it´s not for free. The very good thing here: it downloads a profile for Doom3: When you push the left stick a little you´re walking and when you reach a specific threshold you´re running!

This is very good but I couldn´t get this function to work in JoyToKey and I wasn´t able to find an alternative program(I´m not interested in shareware)! If someone does know, how to add keys to certain threshold-parameters, please tell me!!!

I found another program called "AutoHotkey", but it uses script only and I´m not able to understand how it works for my Gamepad...

As for Doom3: I tried everything to add the Joystick-Support, but nothing worked out. It seems it´s really not in the code. Very sad. I really hope you guys are able to make it possible. I heard in Quake3 it was still implemented and I assume this is the most similar engine/code to Doom3, so maybe you can just "copy" something? :rolleyes: I know, I know, it´s not that easy, at least I think so... ;)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I bought Pinnacle Game Profiler a few years back, have loved it ever since and used it for many games, playing Thief, Oblivion, Mass Effect, and other games with an XBox 360 controller.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Hey Rich, glad to see you here! I learned the d3 editor a lot thanks to your tutorials! I don't really have anything to add to the topic, but I've not been around here as much lately so I hadn't seen you posting.