The Dark Mod Forums

Dark Mod Starting Probs

LEGION

Maybe it was a fault: I started the DarkMod from the Doom3-Mod-Menu, cause I played Doom3 before and just wanted to look at the darkmod. All went fine, but when I installed the Training Mission I only see the console in big and a false "Doom3.exe"-command, it seems it can´t handle the blank in my gamepath. (the path is: 1_Games\Doom 3\DarkMod\) I thought the pathname is up to me? Same when I start with the darkmodlauncher. When I start the Training Mission from Doom3-Mod-Menu it just loads the original game. (the fourth difficult is now available)

I deleted the Training Mission-folder in the Doom3 Mainfolder and tried again the launcher, the same, but without the warning message, that is included in the screenshot. I see the DarkMod-Logo and then the console. I can only access the DarkMod successfully from the Doom3-Mod-Menu. But after I installed the Mission, it only appears in Doom3, not in the Darkmod.

Again: the warning on the screenshot came, when I started the DarkMod-Training Mission out of Doom3. When I try the DarkModLauncher, there is only the message about the "3\Doom3.exe"-thing.

I included another Screenshot from the TDM-Update-Download, because it seems not right, maybe because of this "ambient"-issue I posted in another thread.

http://modetwo.net/d...d-ambient02pk4/

I fear the solution is to re-install everything in a certain path!?

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here, and I'm not sure if I have a clear answer for you on this one. I don't think you'll need to reinstall, but someone with a bit more know how than I have will need to offer some advice on this one.

For future reference though, TDM will only work properly if started by the launcher.

You don't need to re-install. I have several installs just by copying the doom folder and switch between them at will. Just copy the entire doom folder and rename it and adjust or make new shortcuts etc. If anything goes wrong you have your original. If it all goes right then delete the original.

I included another Screenshot from the TDM-Update-Download, because it seems not right, maybe because of this "ambient"-issue I posted in another thread.

The issue with the updater you can ignore (but the >100% issue should be fixed by us anyway). The warning you can also ignore, the training mission brings its own particle (we really need to update the training mission anyway).

As for the rest, I cannot say.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax