The Dark Mod Forums

Error during TRAINING MISSION

LEGION

So, I nearly completed the Training Mission in the second night. But only nearly.

It happened in the Builder´s Warehouse, where you get the water arrows: Doom3.exe has made an ERROR and I´m send back to desktop. I made a quicksave when the message came about the quiver. When I reloaded, the message is out of place, it´s written nearer the bottom so the last text lines are on the game screen and I get the error again, though I do nothing. So I reloaded, ran fast back to the mossed hallway and quicksaved again! So when I´m reloading now, there is no error, I´m just send back to desktop without a message, just after the "Preparing to start the mission/Please wait"-text appears. So I don´t even see the gamescreen of the mission!

Maybe I´m just playing too long this level? It must be some hours...

Another little problem:

Sometimes I reload, the music is not playing. But when I am on a later quicksaved position and reload again, the music is there again, too.

I thought, there must be a console cmd to force the music to restart. Could you who knows please tell me?

And now some little suggestions about future changes:

I´m missing Garrett´s 'gasp'-sounds when mantling or he´s getting tired of aiming (arrows).

When jumping on a rope, it should bounce, like in Thief1/2.

When climbing vines, the ladder sound shouldn´t be hearable, too!

The LightGem is so big! I saw in the console the tdm_lg-cvar´s, but could not figure out the one which can decrease it! Please tell me!!(by the way, the new hitpoint-display is great!)

Hmm, I can´t remember anything else, oh one thing, but I think it´s hard to do such things: when you blackjack a guard, he falls down too quickly! He should fell slower to the ground. I can imagine that it´s hard to animate this by hand, but are you even able to do that? (or are you using just anis from Doom3?) Sorry to ask those things, but I have no idea how you done what you done! ;)

But my overall thought about The Dark Mod is:

WOOOOOOOOOW

I´m really hardly impressed!! All this new features you guys added, the gameplay, the astonishing optic, etc. WOW

I´m most impressed by how easy and effective mantling now is! You can even climb through a little hole in a wall!!:blink:

The frobbing/manipulate-system is so awesome, too! Yesterday I spent so much time just reposition the furniture and stuff, so much fun and it makes the world more believable. I´m just not happy with the noise when putting up objects. Ok, you have to highlight it from the most above point, but it costs much time to adjust (when using Gamepad).

Leaning while on ropes is something I always wished for and the more realistic "frob/reaching distances" adding more fun, too! Hell, the whole thing is so much fun!!! With this the Thief-Universe has a future, a very good one! Damn, I´m so impressed, but I didn´t even finished the training mission!!:laugh:

I have to add something about me: I´m German and I know that my English can be sometimes confusing; so if you´re not sure what I mean or in case I´m making unforgivable mistakes, please tell me!! I promise, I won´t be pissed off and I´m willing to improve my writing style!!:)

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I´m missing Garrett´s 'gasp'-sounds when mantling or he´s getting tired of aiming (arrows).

Those sounds were recorded and uploaded, but the code to support them doesn't exist yet. There were higher priority tasks to deal with, but they'll likely make it into a future release.

... So when I´m reloading now, there is no error, I´m just send back to desktop without a message, just after the "Preparing to start the mission/Please wait"-text appears. So I don´t even see the gamescreen of the mission!

I have to correct this: The game crashes when the loading balk/beam (what´s the right word for this?) is up to 75%!

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I don't know. Dark Mod seems to have issues - some that seem to grow with game time. So we may see this more as FMs are getting bigger. It seems to vary from player to player so I think it is probably something that is triggered by some event in game then the error keeps on going. So ten people can play the same FM. Nine have no problem but one keeps getting crashes. For example, suppose it is caused by bodies? Then someone who plays stealthy and never KOs or kills may never see the problem. We just don't know at this stage.