The Dark Mod Forums

The Sly Project

Oszkár Winkler

Hi there most respected taffers,

I'm working on my 5 missions long campaign for TDM and need some help. The problem is, I don't have enough time to build huge and detailed maps, figure out the scripting issues, etc. That's why I need YOU (original TDM developers would be very appreciated) to join me and create one of the best campaigns ever! Trust me, everything is ready to go. Story, characters, sounds, voices, briefing videos, musics, etc. I'm working on this since 2009.

Actually I have five 'jobs' to offer:

Mission 2 - This is a city-like mission, but the main events take place inside a large building.

Mission 3 - Starting in the hills, then break into a huge, elven mansion.

Mission 4 - This is a cave-like mission.

Additional designer - I create the first and last maps for the campaign, but if I cannot figure out something, I need someone to build / script it for me.

Language supervisor - My english is far from perfect so I need someone to check my translations. :)

I will definitely need the help of TDM developers for some of the guards' voice actings.

So feel free to respond and apply! Thank you everyone!

Best wishes,

Oszkár Winkler (from Hungary)

• Like 1

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

OoooOOOoooh. Cave mission. Rather tempting, but I'm totally wrapped in my own projects. :(

Note that you're probably not going to get any devs on your team, as they're all wrapped up in...well...the MOD.

I can't be on your team, but if you ever need help making a scripted sequence, PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through and/or make a testmap for demonstration. :)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

OoooOOOoooh. Cave mission. Rather tempting, but I'm totally wrapped in my own projects. :(

Note that you're probably not going to get any devs on your team, as they're all wrapped up in...well...the MOD.

I can't be on your team, but if you ever need help making a scripted sequence, PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through and/or make a testmap for demonstration. :)

Thank you Mortem! Does this mean that you apply my 'Additional designer' job? :)

Ugh. Afraid not....I'm absolutely burnt out from finishing up the "No Honor Among Thieves" campaign.

I just enjoy the problem-solving aspect of coding. I'll offer that, but I can't offer being a full-fledged team member. Too much responsibility at this moment (Mod work, Burnt-out, College).

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Sounds interesting, count me in although bear in mind that i can't do a lot of work until the end of may, i have to finish writing my thesis but in june i can do more serious work

Unfortunately my skills only extend with mapping, I could help you with mission 2 since i have a small city section that i could expand or work with mission 3, i'm good making mansion missions

Send me a PM with the details

Edit: Sure, no problem (ignaciokeegan@gmail.com)

Edited by RailGun

Thank you!

The current situation is this:

*** Mission 2 ***

RailGun (lead level design)

Mr Mike (additional level design)

*** English language supervisor ***

Mr Mike

Lead level design means that RailGun will create the majority of the map but some smaller parts will be inserted by Mr Mike as an additional designer. We will settle this through e-mails. As far as I know, even bigger map fragments can be saved as a prefab, than inserted into another map.

I do have some layouts, but many of them are only in my head yet. However soon I draw the plans for mission 2 and send them to you, gentlemens. Could I ask you to post your e-mail addresses to me? woszkar@gmail.com

Perhaps it sounds crazy but I want to keep this whole campaign in a secret, so no details will show here on the forums, just between us by e-mails. This will prevent the information-lake-out situation.

I hope you understand my point.

Stay in the shadows!

OFF: Did I mention that there will be cutscenes with real, human actors as well?

Edited by Oszkár Winkler

OFF: Did I mention that there will be cutscenes with real, human actors as well?

DO WANT

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

you are crazy Oszkár Winkler ^^ - crazy

but crazy in a good way! - cutscenes with real, human... I don't know how you will make good quality videos, but it sounds nice ;)

But your wish that everything shall be secret is... cruel... I hope you will upload some none spoiling screenshots at least. - that would be nice!

I wish you good luck with your project!!!

Edited by Berny

Well, of course. Non-spoiling screenshots will be displayed sometimes, and even a tasty cutscene with human actors in flesh :)

Yeah, I'm sure crazy, but I always was. :) I even made a dark cloak for myself. I will upload a picture about it.

Right now I am collecting money for a new HD video camera. Unfortunately cash comes hard. If everything goes right, the first 2 or 3 missions will be fully available by the time of the first release.

Good news that Mr Mike already sent me his e-mail address. After RailGun does it too I shall send the details to them, so the work shalt begun. Did I write these last two words correctly?

Bad news that I caught a terrible cold and it takes some time to regain my strength. :wacko:

Edited by Oszkár Winkler

Hello,

I made some pictures of my black cloak. Hope these prove my dedication for the project. Of course they are just quick shots. The cutscenes will be well lit etc.

TSP - Cloak Test 01.jpg

TSP - Cloak Test 02.jpg

TSP - Cloak Test 03.jpg

Edited by Oszkár Winkler

Yeah, that's exactly why I need a better camera. Shooting in the night is much harder but I have some experiences so there will be no problem. Check out my studio's website! For english language, see the top-right corner: http://ws.netai.net/

Thiefnsince98: Some guards will have unique conversations but I would like to use the original TDM voice actors, so there will be no differences between the old dialogs and the new ones. However... okay! Send me an example of your voice and maybe I can use it for one of my characters. Try to simulate a demon's deep, scary, self-confident voice! You can use sound editor programs to manipulate your voice.

Oh, and the quality of your microphone must be perfect for the job. No background noises, cracking, please. I use an ATR-55 gun-mic. Not too expensive but still professional.

Edited by Oszkár Winkler

Ah, original TDM voices...

Not to put a damper on the project, but I highly doubt I'll be able to get any of them back. Busy guys :(

I see. So will there be no new voice actings for TDM at all? Hm...

Thiefnsince98: Could you record a guard-like sample voice as well?