The Dark Mod Forums

The Sly Project

Oszkár Winkler

Well at least somebody has the nads to work on a full campaign.

It's fine if he/they release whatever keeps up morale.

Some screenshots would be fun though, even just concept or WIP.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Hey Shadowhide, I'm not sure if it's a language barrier thing or what, but the tone of your posts is not good. In fact, it's downright asshole-ish in places. You might want to take it easy, and calm down a bit. This is a hobby, after all.

Hey Shadowhide, I'm not sure if it's a language barrier thing or what, but the tone of your posts is not good. In fact, it's downright asshole-ish in places. You might want to take it easy, and calm down a bit. This is a hobby, after all.

Also, apart from a few screenshots, Shadowhide hasn't released anything noteworthy so far. Care to post a YouTube video of the parts you consider finished?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Oszkár Winkler

Have you something to shows us? Please, show to us!

No screenshots yet, sorry. We were just unlucky with level designers so far. Real life businesses are too tight for everyone. However some of the first briefing video's images will be published in a couple of weeks. After that the full video.

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

I'd totally be in on this if I had the time to learn DR, I have many years of mapping experience for other things, so I may come on the team later on when I have more free time.

It is never too late. DR is an user friendly editor. I also have some mapping experiences from DromEd, Quark and even from DR but I want to spare my energy for the overall project. Being a mapper as well would be too much for me right now.

What I'm saying: If you catch up with DR you are welcome in the team!

Looking forwards to whatever you choose to share with us, Oszkar :laugh:

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Hello!

I was sent an email about a music interest, if there's anything I can do, I'd be happy to help with anything in the sound department, including music of course :P

Have a nice day!

Hampus Granberg/DarkDisguise

We... well I already have a musician but it's never a bad thing to have two, so welcome in the team! ;)

Here comes the absolute truth:

The Sly Project progresses really slowly. Why? Because almost everything is in place but I don't have any capable people to do their "jobs". I had 3-4 mappers but after a while they left me, because Real Life™ troubles. They are all nice guys but this kind of attitude destroys everything. Some of them said they are working hard, and after a couple of months they vanished. That's why I cannot show the community any touchable materials.

Nowadays the situation is a little bit better. It seems I'll have a quality mapper if I can convince him to join. 2 musicians/sound designers, 1 modeler and 1 graphical artist. I also have my new HD camera. Just need to find the right places to record the cutscenes.

This is a 5 missions long campaign. We need at least 3 more level designers to progress satisfactorily. If there is a good mapper out there, who wants to build a mission for a full campaign and not "just" a single mission, here is the chance!

We... well I already have a musician but it's never a bad thing to have two, so welcome in the team! ;)

Here comes the absolute truth:

The Sly Project progresses really slowly. Why? Because almost everything is in place but I don't have any capable people to do their "jobs". I had 3-4 mappers but after a while they left me, because Real Life™ troubles. They are all nice guys but this kind of attitude destroys everything. Some of them said they are working hard, and after a couple of months they vanished. That's why I cannot show the community any touchable materials.

Nowadays the situation is a little bit better. It seems I'll have a quality mapper if I can convince him to join. 2 musicians/sound designers, 1 modeler and 1 graphical artist. I also have my new HD camera. Just need to find the right places to record the cutscenes.

This is a 5 missions long campaign. We need at least 3 more level designers to progress satisfactorily. If there is a good mapper out there, who wants to build a mission for a full campaign and not "just" a single mission, here is the chance!

Okidok, sounds awesome :)

What do I need to do to make the work easier?

I had 3-4 mappers but after a while they left me, because Real Life™ troubles. They are all nice guys but this kind of attitude destroys everything.

Calling the lack of time of these mappers an attitude, when you yourself said you can't build the missions for the same reason, sounds really bad.

The teaser video you mentioned is a great idea if you really want to convince people to help you. How's that coming along?

Calling the lack of time of these mappers an attitude, when you yourself said you can't build the missions for the same reason, sounds really bad.

The teaser video you mentioned is a great idea if you really want to convince people to help you. How's that coming along?

I don't say I'm completely innocent. It is also my fault but let's not talk about this anymore, please.

The Pre-Trailer video is almost done (about 80%). At the moment I'm waiting for a vocal. However this short video is really not too much. But it's at least more than nothing. ;)

It'll be cool to see some work.

Too bad you can't find more help but you got time. TDM is still young (FM speaking), just keep plugging away.

You can always request models to be made for the mod. It's possible that if you request things that can be used generally in all FM's that they might be added at some point. Always good to put ideas/references/concepts out there either way. If you just keep an 'internal' list of models needed there's less chance they will be added at some point.

(of course the more general and all purpose will have higher chances of being added unless something is just too good to not add)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest