The Dark Mod Forums

The Sly Project

Oszkár Winkler

Well, I would be interested to help out but I won't start anything new until my own mission is done. I guess others are also busy with their maps. It takes a lot of time.

What kind of video will the trailer be? Something in the style of the Thief briefings or cutscenes?

Well, I would be interested to help out but I won't start anything new until my own mission is done. I guess others are also busy with their maps. It takes a lot of time.

What kind of video will the trailer be? Something in the style of the Thief briefings or cutscenes?

Yes, indeed. After you finish your FM, please contact me, if you are still interested! The Pre-Trailer is a 50 seconds long short video. It's style is a little similar to the original Thief videos but there are differences. It's really no big deal, just the project's sign of life.

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

It'll be cool to see some work.

Too bad you can't find more help but you got time. TDM is still young (FM speaking), just keep plugging away.

You can always request models to be made for the mod. It's possible that if you request things that can be used generally in all FM's that they might be added at some point. Always good to put ideas/references/concepts out there either way. If you just keep an 'internal' list of models needed there's less chance they will be added at some point.

(of course the more general and all purpose will have higher chances of being added unless something is just too good to not add)

Thank you Baddcog for your words! ^_^

Note to self: University students do not make reliable voice actors. eww.gif But there sure are a variety of them!

We... well I already have a musician but it's never a bad thing to have two, so welcome in the team! ;)

You're not talking about me, are you? Sure, I'm a classical musician, but I'm no composer.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Note to self: University students do not make reliable voice actors. eww.gif But there sure are a variety of them!

You're not talking about me, are you? Sure, I'm a classical musician, but I'm no composer.

No, I'm not talking about you, Sir. -_-

The "Credits" subpage will be available on Sly's site soon.

Good news: I got all the vocals, so the Pre-Trailer video is on it's way.

Pre-trailer video of The Sly Project is now available: http://tsp.comlu.com

Here is a quick link: YouTube video

As I said earlier, this video is almost nothing. It is mostly atmospheric. Hope you like it and more creative people will join to speed things up! :blush:

Pre-trailer video of The Sly Project is now available: http://tsp.comlu.com

Here is a quick link: YouTube video

XD Now this is special

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

lol @ "Taffer rating" :D

I like the sounds... very dark story?!

... thanks for the teaser!

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

watched a couple days ago, finally drank enough beer to respond to the video critically since noone else has, i hate being an ass (when sober).

sorry man, but this video works as sort of reverse-hype. i would of liked it better if the whole video was black with no vocals, and just the music. the music track worked very well for a cool tdm trailer, but thats about it. Sorry bud, but I was looking forward to TSP a lot more before the trailer than afterward. serious letdown. The accent doesn't work for a bridgeport native, and the sole pun was pretty horrible but i'm writing that off to language barrier, no worries on that one. but even barring that.... yikes :(. the worst part was the "your soul is mine" and the pentagram thing. The photos were pretty corny as well, but I know you put a lot of time into that cloak ( the cloak itself is pretty cool ).

sorry man, better luck next time.

P.S. sorry but if i write up negativity on someones work, I have to give reasons/justifications/excuses, and I expect the same in return on my own work. Criticism without justification is evil, or at least douchebaggerous, and I've seen more than enough of it around TDM forums already, so I'm laying it out for you like it is.

There's room for improvement. ;)

The english isn't perfect (as far as I know) and the accent might not fit the setting (depending on who the player character is supposed to be).

What I absolutely don't like are the fotos. Ordinary people in costumes just look silly and destroy the mood. Is this style just for the pre-trailer or do you plan to do the briefing and cutscenes the same way?

Aww it's not THAT bad..

It will be interesting to see real videos, instead of slides. Those vids will tell whether this will work or not.

Cloaked ordinary people can also be made look cool if some sort of silhouette effect is used.

1:18 in this video:

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Thank you for your honest opinions guys! I created this small video because many people here did not believe I can actually create something. It's just a sample. The other videos will be much better in every respect.

if i write up negativity on someones work, I have to give reasons/justifications/excuses, and I expect the same in return on my own work. Criticism without justification is evil, or at least douchebaggerous, and I've seen more than enough of it around TDM forums already

I prefer to watch 1 screenshot than 10 videos like that one

I rest my case.

• 1 year later...

I might be able to help with some mapping, it's hard to finish a complete map, but i could at the very least put some stuff together and if i can't finish, someone else could take over.

i also have some homemade ambient music tracks, very amateurs stuff but you might find something you like.

• 1 year later...