The Dark Mod Forums

The Sly Project

Oszkár Winkler

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately things are extremely slow at the moment. Establishing a powerful team is harder than I thought, even with this nice and helpful community. The main problem is we lack of people. No volunteers for level editing, modeling and animating. And even if we do have any sometimes, after a while these people become way too busy to help. This is sad but I never give up. The Sly Project IS going to make it to the end. It is only the matter of time.

Up to now I gave out a very small amount of information about the story, the characters etc. but I have my reasons. I want all the Thief fans to enjoy this new episode without knowing everything about it before the final release. Please believe me! It is worth to put the effort in it, so if someone can help, please don't hesitate to join!

Serpentine: It is good to hear. Would you like to join forces with SiyahParsomen as a mapper?

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

This sounds all very cool. I hope you manage to get it done. I remember how enthusiastic we all began working on "The Cabal" mini-campaign for TDS. But after some time, I dropped out because of the university, some others quit as well and the motivation started sinking. After nearly five years of work, the campaign was finally released, thankfully! I don't want to discourage you, by all means, but putting together a campaign with a team of people can be hard. Just don't give up. If you're so eager about this project, just keep the fire inside of you for a long time and you'll always be able to infect others. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it always gets difficult when people can only work with their spare time..

So.. How many missions did you plan your campaign to have in total?

This is a 5 missions long campaign. I understand you won the 2010 summer vertical build contest. Congratulations! Are you interested in to join us? We really need a talented level designer.

This is a 5 missions long campaign. I understand you won the 2010 summer vertical build contest. Congratulations! Are you interested in to join us? We really need a talented level designer.

Thanks, I'm flattered, but I must say no. I'm am currently having a long mapping break after contributing three maps in relatively short period of time.

I'll think about it once my mapping synapses are recharged.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Thanks, I'm flattered, but I must say no. I'm am currently having a long mapping break after contributing three maps in relatively short period of time.

I'll think about it once my mapping synapses are recharged.

When you are ready, please tell us.

You have plenty of time to do the mapping and also don't have to build the 5 missions all by yourself. The first level will be the demo for this campaign. It contains a briefing video and a cutscene (with real, human actors) as well. After we finish this first mission, hopefully things will speed up a little...

• 3 months later...

How about

?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

first : look on thief cutscenes

second: game that using doom 3 engine can be very cinematographic , for example look on this

The first video is not a cutscene but a briefing video. It is different. There are some huge outdoor scenes in Sly that Doom 3 engine cannot render properly.

The first video is not a cutscene but a briefing video. It is different. There are some huge outdoor scenes in Sly that Doom 3 engine cannot render properly.

DOOM 3 CAN DO IT !!!!!111

here is screen from my fm

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5291/doom32002020404573290.jpg

I get around 45-55 fps in this place

Proceed with caution!

DOOM 3 CAN DO IT !!!!!111

here is screen from my fm

http://img153.images...20404573290.jpg

I get around 45-55 fps in this place

I meant much larger areas. But you know what? You are right. Doom 3 is a great engine. ;)