The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

No Honor Among Thieves 1.0

I am proud to announce the release of the first TDM campaign, No Honor Among Thieves.

( Version 4.0 is now available. )

"Turns out those Builders aren't as righteous as we think... no surprises here. An old fence of mine sold me a bit of information concerning the local Archbishop, Lavonte Duchane , and our beloved governor, Archibald Cloist. Governor Archibald has, as of late, been spotted and caught in the local brothels by our very own Builder watch. But, instead of being made public by our lovely Builder brethren, the entire situation sort of vanished. Sounds like blackmail and bribery to me. In the peak of his career an exposure like this would mean sudden death for Archibald - no more noble's support, no more Builder's support, and no more public respect. Bad for his career, but certainly good for mine. What makes the cake even sweeter is that an exposure like would be disastrous for the Archbishop himself. I'm sure the both of them will be very motivated to keep this hush hush.

These two really seem like my type - blackmailing and bribing away - so I don't think they'll object when I blackmail them myself... It's time to begin..."

Notes:

To install, simply unzip the contents into the "fms" directory of your Darkmod installation, or drag and drop the pk4 into the fms folder..

This campaign uses a very large amount of custom materials... models, videos, music/sounds... so it's bigger then the average bear (FM).

Also, some of the ambients don't respond well to the sliders... this is a mod issue, and I'm hoping it will be fixed soon!

Lastly, some linux users, for some reason, are having problems with NHAT Mission 1/3 showing up. This is because of a capital. Go your fms/Politics and rename the Politics.pk4 to politics.pk4, and also change the folder its in from "Politics" to "politics. Linux hates capitals apparently.

Enjoy!

Links to newer versions:

NHAT v2:

NHAT v3:

NHAT v4 EFX:

• Like 3

Damn, I´m so lucky. I just finished watching Komags Tutorial videos and you just put it online.

Some odd thing on Firefox: As I started the download 'normal', there I had only 50 kb/s. But now as I´m using the add-on DownloadHelpers/DownThemAll I have about 270 kb/s! :blink: This is some kind of a difference. But anyway, still too slow... On the other hand, 36% done, 5 minutes left. I gotta go to the bathroom first...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Umm... my missions list has "NHAT Mission 2/3" and "NHAT Mission 3/3", where is the first one?

Not sure. I just deleted them all off my HD, downloaded it, unzipped it, and works perfectly fine.

Is IE still renaming pk4 files to .zip?

Check the fms/Politics folder and make sure you see "Politics.pk4"

*Linux Users: check this out*

After unzipping the missions, you must rename the directory "Politics" to "politics" (change that uppercase P), and do the same to the "Politics.pk4" file so it is all lowercase.

Otherwise the first mission will be missing from the list.

Now I can get started. :)

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Ok, had to take a moment before I really get started on the first mission.

First off, I love the intro... especially how it sweeps in to the player start position. Sweet!

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler yet...

Now, an odd thing I saw almost immediately. A black cube is suspended in the air just past the start position. It's sort of high up and many players might not even notice it.

blackcube01.jpg

If that's supposed to be there just say so, but don't spoil what it is... I'll find out if that's the case.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I'm not having much luck unzipping. I've downloaded it twice, from different mirrors and the zip has been corrupt. I'll try again.

yeah i'm about to pull my f'ing hair out. i've tried downloading from the 2 mirrors currently listed twice each, and both times the CRC check failed and winrar refuses to unzip any of the 3 pk4's. AAARRRRRGGGHHHH

Started playing this and I was treated to not one or two but three kinds of briefings!

Wow list:

movable skeletons, the caves, zombies + holy water (flashbomb doesn't work?)

Then I quicksaved in the

dining room near your entrance on the left

and crashed.

Hey everyone

I re uploaded it as a new file, NHAT3 (will be renamed later... for the sake of those still downloading NHAT).

This one has gotta work. Sorry for the inconveniences.

edit: I just dl'd it on two computers. One ancient one using a completely different zip program. Both work perfectly fine.

Well now Data Execution Prevention is killing DOOM3 when I try to open the last quicksave (which by the image appears to be the one previous to the one I crashed trying to make). I will restart the mission and see what happens.

Edit: Playing again, this time a quickload near the ombie-zay it-pay gives me this error:

GAME ERROR

IDPVS::FREECURRENTPVS:INVALID HANDLE

Edited by jaxa

Well now Data Execution Prevention is killing DOOM3 when I try to open the last quicksave (which by the image appears to be the one previous to the one I crashed trying to make). I will restart the mission and see what happens.

Edit: Playing again, this time a quickload near the ombie-zay it-pay gives me this error:

GAME ERROR

IDPVS::FREECURRENTPVS:INVALID HANDLE

No idea jaxa. None of my beta testers reported anything like that. It's probably system specific. Maybe your having the dreaded "massive savegame file" bug? Go check the size of the savegame...

edit: Ugh, yes, this is a TDM mod bug... it's being worked on.

No idea jaxa. None of my beta testers reported anything like that. It's probably system specific. Maybe your having the dreaded "massive savegame file" bug? Go check the size of the savegame...

edit: Ugh, yes, this is a TDM mod bug... it's being worked on.

Looks like it is. I've got a 46 MB save file for Politics. It's almost as large as the mission... when I was looking around the folders I found a 414 MB save file for Patently Dangerous :blink: that was pre-patch though.