The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

The files still seem to be corrupting....or more specifically, getting cut off at 120megs and the download ends. This is from the new file you uploaded Gold. File size is around 140 megs, correct?

I have the same problem - both mirrors corrupt, then I tried the hosting link - 119 megs, then again when it was renamed nhat3, yet another 119 megs.

I used xp's built-in extractor, then 7zip, but no joy no how...

The files still seem to be corrupting....or more specifically, getting cut off at 120megs and the download ends. This is from the new file you uploaded Gold. File size is around 140 megs, correct?

Yes filesize is 144 megs. A lot of ppl are reporting "It cuts off at 120"

Again, it works perfectly fine for me, when I download them. I tried downloading on 2 compeltely different computers with different OS', again, it works.

I'm a tad clueless at this point. Maybe my winrar is compressing/archiving this all weird?! I had it compress/archive at "best" mode.

Yes filesize is 144 megs. A lot of ppl are reporting "It cuts off at 120"

Again, it works perfectly fine for me, when I download them. I tried downloading on 2 compeltely different computers with different OS', again, it works.

I'm a tad clueless at this point. Maybe my winrar is compressing/archiving this all weird?! I had it compress/archive at "best" mode.

The cool kids use 7-zip

A couple issues with Mission #2

1. Here are a couple stuck guards. When I started the mission, I heard one of them open the door downstairs once. When I got outside, they were just doing this:

stuckguards01.jpg

2. Kutty told me to drop my stash under the table, but I cannot do it. I tried all around him and the table, pointing the stash everywhere... only a red bloom and no dropping of the stash.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

PranQster: This seems to happen when you alert someone (sleeping thief?) in the hotel. Stay away from the AI´s in the hotel, then the guards outside should act fine.

I just played the first mission. Had a lot of fun. Tis was the first time I saw the patrol routes working. Was so great to have AI´s everywhere. But I´m exactly 100 loot missing. Can´t find anymore, hints please!!!

And I had no problems downloading. Installed all three missions. And yeah, the cool kids use 7zip! :P

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Even though I didn't managed to extract the missions without an error, they seem to be there, and I'm playing them ok. It's just the videos that are messed up a little. There are artifacts and I get crashes.

I'll try and grab the mission again.

No problems with download, install, and launch. Very nice Thiefy briefing and start. Strange there is no title on the title screen though.

I'm getting the alert objective lockup (super lag) which I got in Heart originally to do with the components boolean. The only fix I found was to test for all AI and not have any boolean test. This is a Dark Mod issue and I think already on tracker. In Heart I got this on both of my machines which are very different specs. But I assume it is system dependent or beta testers would have noticed it. Anyway, I'm restarting on Easy. I always play for no alerts or kills anyway. ;) I recommend anyone playing the first time try this early by deliberately alerting and if it lags up then start on Easy (or make sure you never alert anyone!)

Also, the performance at start is not great. It's about the same as the start of Heart. But in Heart the busiest part was at the start whereas I know this FM is the opposite. So I'm going to restart later on my other PC.

Congrats anyway on getting this campaign released both of you! :)

meh ok i cheated and went to a birthday party before starting to play the campaign, so i'm late starting, and drunk already... this gives the AI a fair chance imho. Anyway i've heard of some small missing lootz already in mission 1. my advice:

check the caves w/ the spiders after surfacing for air. i accidently tripped over a jewel walking through that area that was worth 50. only noticed it because it went *clang clang* when i stepped on it.

haven't got far yet, but i'm totally loving

the struggle for air when entering the cave area. some spots look like you can surface but you cant... and then some areas you can surface but the current will suck you back under if you don't keep swimming at a proper angle. props for forcing a breath potion in the first 5 minutes of the map to avoid losing health. btw i hate spiders, so negative points. however, many many extra points are subtracted for giant invincible camoflauged spiders, so the tally is above HoLS already off the bat :laugh:

Just drop it within the vicinity of Kutty. It'll "zap" it out of your inventory. Easy stuff.

I tried both dropping and using... dropping did nothing at all. I'll try again.

I am having one bitch of a time trying to find a way into Citywatch. I was hoping it was through the sewers/cave, but found nothing but a dead end in the water near the boat dock. The rest of the sewers led to a dead end and found no switches except for lights.

I tried both dropping and using... dropping did nothing at all. I'll try again.

I am having one bitch of a time trying to find a way into Citywatch. I was hoping it was through the sewers/cave, but found nothing but a dead end in the water near the boat dock. The rest of the sewers led to a dead end and found no switches except for lights.

Yeah... just hit "r" (or whatever your drop item key is bound to) and stick the box in Kutty's face. It'll zap it away for you :). If your too close to something, it won't bring the box out in front of you.

There's a way into the Citywatch, believe you me ;)

Hint:

Try a window...

I was too close to the table/Kutty when I was trying to drop the stash... was not expecting a box like that :)

Also, I found the way into the Citywatch finally. Finished it with only missing 100 loot.

Optional Objectives:

Gem Box, ummm... I forgot what else was optional.

Edited by PranQster

LOL, got quite surprised in mission 3...

I climbed the ivy over the wall and was about to descend the ladder on the other side when... I was suddenly illuminated by a lightning strike. I wasn't seen but I nearly fell from surprise.

This FM has given me the kick up the arspidestra I needed to swap my PCs around and caused a minor upheaval in my home which will still need some sorting out so much so I forgot what I was posting about. :)

Oh yes, will I miss anything if I play on Easy? Any areas not accessible, etc?

I really love this so far :) I'm on the first level, the scenery looks pleasant, and it's nice and big and interesting.

To my surprise, everything runs very smoothly considering the fact that I have all settings on high with a hi res screen, and considering the size of the level. Could be because I have a 5850 vapor-x, but then again I doubt the doom 3 engine takes advantage of that, so good work :)

Only one problem... after a while trying to load the game stops working and crashes instead :(

I wonder if this is a problem with the mod, since it seems to be happening to the other mods as well.

Gee I hope it's fixable! It was a shame considering this fan mission is such a great effort.

Edited by Mr Lemony Fresh
18588.png

This FM has given me the kick up the arspidestra I needed to swap my PCs around and caused a minor upheaval in my home which will still need some sorting out so much so I forgot what I was posting about. :)

Oh yes, will I miss anything if I play on Easy? Any areas not accessible, etc?

You won't miss anything.

But, darn it, pay attention to mission 2. There are so many cool optional objectives that having a high loot requirement may usually force you to seek out (thus possibly missing out on it when playing easy)!