The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

yeah i'm about to pull my f'ing hair out. i've tried downloading from the 2 mirrors currently listed twice each, and both times the CRC check failed and winrar refuses to unzip any of the 3 pk4's. AAARRRRRGGGHHHH

Have the same problem , will have to wait until it's sorted out.

First off, congratulations on the release of what looks to set new standards for Dark Mod missions.

But i have a big problem in mission 1 playing on Difficult. I'm almost done but suddenly on my way to the exit point the mission fails the Don't kill anyone objective. I have just knocked out everyone and placed their bodies in various dark corners, so what on earth triggers this fail? This unfortunately happens with my last quicksave and my previous hardsave is an hour old.

Edited by The Elusive One

Finished this just before, combined total of maybe 4 and a half hours,

LOVED the rope arrow segments in Politics, I got stuck in that elevator shaft just past the zombies, because I was so used to NOT having to use rope arrows in the previous FM's.... they're really cool, and I think I'll be adding rope arrow segments to my FM at some point.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

No Honor Among Thieves 1.0

Thanx for the release!

However, next time _PLEASE_ put a unique prefix in front of your PK4s, otherwise your politics.pk4 conflicts with the already existing politics.pk4... :-/

Lastly, some linux users, for some reason, are having problems with NHAT Mission 1/3 showing up. This is because of a capital. Go your fms/Politics and rename the Politics.pk4 to politics.pk4, and also change the folder its in from "Politics" to "politics. Linux hates capitals apparently.

No, it likes them so much that on Linux, the folder "Politics" is different from the folder "politics", so Doom3 has no way whether you meant "Politics", "politics", "PoLiTiCs" or whatever, it can only take what you literally want. A bit longer betatesting period (or just including a betatester on linux like me) could have revealed that easily :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Have the same problem , will have to wait until it's sorted out.

You can download the separate files (see first post), and that is a surefire fix. I also re-uploaded a new NHAT.zip that has been re-archived/compressed with winzip, rather then winrar, and that seemed to fix the issue people were having as well.

Finished this just before, combined total of maybe 4 and a half hours,

LOVED the rope arrow segments in Politics, I got stuck in that elevator shaft just past the zombies, because I was so used to NOT having to use rope arrows in the previous FM's.... they're really cool, and I think I'll be adding rope arrow segments to my FM at some point.

The entire campaign? That's pretty fast!

Yeah,

that rope arrow portion was fun to make!

OH hell, didn´t expect so much problems before even starting the mission. Not me, I had no probs. :rolleyes:

As for the loot in mission 1, I already have the ring in the spider-cave. ´Cause I betatested it want some hard to find loot tips, please! 100, there is it? Don´t know where to search.

I had to pay tribute for all the betatesting the last days it seems. I slept almost 9 hours today! In a couple of hours I´ll continue the second mission. I hope there will be no crashes this time. (I guess the cause is too much quicksaving & reloading)

And what is with this Linux-thing? What existing politics? I don´t get that. *just got back alive though*

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I've had a few problems with the mission, although just started. In the right corner near the water factory, there is a wooden beam. One of them is fairly low, so I shot a rope arrow up to ledge, then shot another one up to the top of the building. I was able to climb up, mantle, then bear to the left, figuring that may be a way into the factory. I looked down and could see into the interior of the factory with the water etc, but it wouldn't let me in that way. You could tell it was the edge of the map. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Maybe I need to re-install?

I also had one crash after reloading a quicksave. The game just froze up and had to ctr, alt, del to get out of the game. No error message.

I've also had several instances of getting "stuck" in the mission where I can't move. eg; being able to lean left and right, but can't go forward or backwards forcing a reload. This may be a general problem with the mod though, because it's happened in other missions.

I had no problems downloading and installing the mission/missions and it looks great as well, and like I said just started, but wondering if anyone else has run into these issues.

And what is with this Linux-thing? What existing politics? I don´t get that. *just got back alive though*

When I unpacked the missions into the fms directory and first went to play them, I only had missions 2 and 3 available. When I looked to see why I found that mission 1's directory ("Politics") was capitalized and so was the .pk4 file inside it, while missions 2 and 3 were all lowercase.

Linux file systems are case sensitive while Windows systems are not. So in Windows, if you have the directory "C:\WINDOWS" then it is impossible to create another directory spelled "windows" in the root of C:\ no matter what combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters you try.

In a Linux system, you can have say... "/home/username/.doom3/darkmod/Politics" exist alongside "/home/username/.doom3/darkmod/politics" and "/home/username/.doom3/darkmod/POLITICS" and "/home/username/.doom3/darkmod/PoLiTiCs", etc. etc. All of those will be seen as independent directories, unrelated to each other.

To make things easy for all users, FM authors should just keep everything lowercase. Then all systems will find the files they need without issues.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

It looks like I'm going to have to dmap mission 3. I got the AAS32 out of date error when the mission loaded. I didn't play it very far and am not sure what was affected... I saw guys patrolling like normal.

Just wondering if fellow Linux users get the AAS32 error when loading mission 3.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

It looks like I'm going to have to dmap mission 3. I got the AAS32 out of date error when the mission loaded. I didn't play it very far and am not sure what was affected... I saw guys patrolling like normal.

Just wondering if fellow Linux users get the AAS32 error when loading mission 3.

I've heard of linux users getting aas errors on packaged games... a simple dmap will fix it though :)

OH hell, didn´t expect so much problems before even starting the mission. Not me, I had no probs. :rolleyes:

As for the loot in mission 1, I already have the ring in the spider-cave. ´Cause I betatested it want some hard to find loot tips, please! 100, there is it? Don´t know where to search.

I had to pay tribute for all the betatesting the last days it seems. I slept almost 9 hours today! In a couple of hours I´ll continue the second mission. I hope there will be no crashes this time. (I guess the cause is too much quicksaving & reloading)

Did you

move the boxes underneath the staircase, in that basement part of the cathedral

?

Or how

about finding the secret floor tile in one of priest's rooms in the courtyard

looks really nice as far as i could get...

but i got a new savegame bug...

the old ones where savegames mostly quiclsaves who i couldnt load again because the game crashed.

they were only loadable if i restarted the game totally new and crashed while loading the second time...

now the new one...

i quicksaved and the game crashed while quicksaving and the quicksave is totally lost... DAMN!

crashes even with "new" game at beginning...

greetz Mc

btw the normal dl stops always at 120 until 121 mb... even with DL manager...

Shame about these various crashes - 'twas the same with my FM. The only crash I've had is a 30 minute power failure right near the city watch. I tried putting candles under my PC but it just wouldn't fire up. I'll resume again tomorrow. Fortunately I'd done a gamesave a few seconds before.

I must say the city areas in Part 2 look great - very natural and haphazard. Good light and sounds. I had a few AI stop patrolling in Part 1 but in Part 2 they look fine. I particularly like the AI sitting on the steps. I was really into this when the power went. Oh well... More fun tomorrow. :)