The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

i got an error massage of doom 3 as mostly as it crashes...

but phew i got a normal savegame just 15 min ago so i didnt had to do ALL again ^^

ps: there is a really funny archer (also mission 1 which i completed now) which flys around when blackjacked :D

he can die by beeing boosted aroung and so the mission failed 2 times :wacko:

but sometimes hes still alive and its ok, but annoying if u dont save before each blackjack attack ;)

I'm beginning to think these various crashes are relevant to the systems ppl are playing them on. Maybe these levels are too big for the current TDM build to handle? Ah speculation...

Ah well, too late. Cat's outta the bag :P... and it's not like I could have shrunk them :)

i got an error massage of doom 3 as mostly as it crashes...

but phew i got a normal savegame just 15 min ago so i didnt had to do ALL again ^^

ps: there is a really funny archer (also mission 1 which i completed now) which flys around when blackjacked :D

he can die by beeing boosted aroung and so the mission failed 2 times :wacko:

but sometimes hes still alive and its ok, but annoying if u dont save before each blackjack attack ;)

This sounds like maybe his bow or an attachment stays solid when he goes to ragdoll mode, then he collides with that attachment (and since it is stuck to him, he cant get away) so he accelerates into one direction.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I'm beginning to think these various crashes are relevant to the systems ppl are playing them on. Maybe these levels are too big for the current TDM build to handle? Ah speculation...

Ah well, too late. Cat's outta the bag :P... and it's not like I could have shrunk them :)

Yeah you are pushing the boundaries :) Which is good, as it will improve TDM :) Grats!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Hmm, so the Linux problem was: The DarkMod searched for 'politics', but there was only 'Politics', right?

GC, I found all this loot you mentioned. As you may remember, I always thought the 'secret' tile in the priest quarter is too easy to find.

I´m missing 100, is there maybe one item that has this amount of GP´s?

I found the gem on the rafters, the necklace in the tower, there must be something really well hidden. Or very obvious, that I missed. unsure.gif The ring in the spider-cave is the first loot you can grab, right? Is there more loot in the belltower than the necklace and the purse with coins? There isn´t something on the well, is there? And there is also no way to get up in the chapel/cathedral, right? I even searched the benches in there, but nothing.

Fidcal: Candles under your PC? LOL! :laugh: But what PowerFalure? Your PC or your whole house? :)

Yeah, I think too that Mission 2 is maybe too big for some systems, I had crashes while Betatest, too. I´ll play Mission 2 now and I´ll try not to save so often, so I´ll tell later how it worked out...

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I dmap'd mission 3 and got rid of the AAS32 error. The mission played perfectly.

I finished it in 1:17, but was missing about 300 a lot of loot. I'll have to go back in to all 3 missions and find the remaining loot and optional objectives. I left 3 or 4 guards outside the front door alone.

I had no crashes with any of the missions and they played very smoothly with high details at 1440x900 on a GeForce 8800GTS (nvidia 195.36.15, High quality with 4xFSAA & 4xAniso + Texture Sharpening), Athlon Phenom 9650 w/ 4 Gig 800MHz RAM. Mandriva Linux 2010.1 beta (Cooker) OS, X.Org server 1.7.6.902 (10706902).

uname -a

Linux mjollnir 2.6.33.2-server-3mnb #1 SMP Thu Apr 22 21:49:26 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

A note about mission 2: Don't mantle the table where Kutty is sitting or you'll get stuck there.

Also, how many holy water arrows does it take to kill a zombie? I never found out, but there was one which I hit w/ 3 holy water arrows and he was still coming at me. In original Thief it took 1 if they were not aware of you and 2 if they were.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I dare someone to combine all 3 of these missions into one huge mega-mission with the objectives progressing as you go. :)

One giant map where you could go through the sewers into the cathedral, then through the city and then out through the woods (and all the way back again if you wanted to).

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I dare someone to combine all 3 of these missions into one huge mega-mission with the objectives progressing as you go. :)

One giant map where you could go through the sewers into the cathedral, then through the city and then out through the woods (and all the way back again if you wanted to).

These missions are already causing a lot of technical issues as is... they wouldn't even DMAP with 2 of them combined :P

would be cool though...

The entire campaign? That's pretty fast!

Yeah,

that rope arrow portion was fun to make!

Yeah, took me just over 2 hours (inc a 5m smoke break) to finish Politics, then 50 odd for Night on the town, and just over an hour for the third part, reloads took it to 4 and a half. Great map though, I saw a few things that weren't aligned properly, but given the immense amount of stuff you put in there, I let it slide, and have yet again mentally readjusted the amount of stuff to put in my FM. You beat me to custom voice clips! The bar just keeps getting higher...:rolleyes:

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

GC, I gotta say that forest and the mansion were awesome, I especially like the will-o-the-wisp - how did you do that..?

That's a func_emitter, a light, and a speaker all bound to an invisible func_mover.

The func_mover then follows a NURBS curve path. There's a pretty good basic tutorial at Doom3world on how to make your own.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Ah, using the editor for something unintended, just like good old Dromed. :) Not quite as whacked out as the demilich from Calendra's Legacy*, but certainly in the creative territory.

*Demilich spoiler:

He is technically a sliding door object with emitters to fire firebolts

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

It's too late now but that entire effect could have been encapsulated into an FX declaration. They aren't well documented but for those curious...

FX (decl)

Hm, yeah, we probably should generate one that mappers can easily modify for the next TDM update. Giving them some sort of small AI would also be a good idea, probably.

Now I'm in mission no 3

The mission 2 was great!! Some many sidequests, and cool stuff ;) - the drunken guards on the balcony ^^ haha, i love them.

I didn't like the first mission - but I don't like most of the hamerite church fm's - but the first part with the prison was super cool!

There are a lot of cool new stuffs in your missions - loved them! But for me it's a bit complicated to understand the voice ;( so I don't get the whole story. A subtitle would be nice.

EDIT: Now I almost finished mission 3 - but I cant find the

chalice - there is a locked door left at the ground level/floor

This is also a very nice mission! I love the end where you

walk through the forest again and guards are looking for you - but they just stand, they could walk a little bit - but, that's peanuts. I love such things.

The basement is cool - cause you can't get ou anymore, so you have to find one of the other 3 ways

And THE VERY BEST THING was the flash of lightning and the thunder. I got frightened ^^ and than all the guards saw me

EDIT 2: is there a video at the end of miss 3, cause of the savegame problem I also won't be able to see the end + statistik ;(

Edited by Berny

I just finished the first part and it was perfect!!

It took nearly 1 hour. Even impressive light effects are enough to make this mission unique imo. This is the first time I have ever seen that much beautiful lighting effects in darkmod. Now I'm gonna check out second mission. Thank you young master :)

I just finished the first part and it was perfect!!

It took nearly 1 hour. Even impressive light effects are enough to make this mission unique imo. This is the first time I have ever seen that much beautiful lighting effects in darkmod. Now I'm gonna check out second mission. Thank you young master :)

1 hour? Haha, it took me 2 hrs. 7 min. Just started mission 2, and so far very impressed with the whole campaign.

A very impressive campaign GC and MD!, both of you have certainly raise the bar for TDM missions and i'm hoping that after a little break the two of you work on another project, you work great as a team

I really liked the small bits of dialogue the main character dropped while in the mission, it added some depth to the main character and made the story a lot more interesting

Mission 1 was great, good gameplay and architecture all around. I liked the journey from the city to the cathedral, it made the map a lot bigger in scope

I also loved the prision area although it could have used some decals, the place looked too clean for an abandoned prision

Mission 2 is definitely the best of the series, a great looking city with excellent gameplay and lots of things to do, the only thing i didn't liked was the lack of rope arrows, i really missed after using them in the last mission

Mission 3 is also very good (although i could be a little biased here), the forest section is incredible, it proves that TDM can make great outdoor environments.

I liked the changes that you made to the mansion (the thunderstorm was very impressive) although the bathrooms felt a bit unfinished to me. There were also some minor texture issues (in the library and the sitting room with the fireplace). Also it would be good if you give some feedback to the player on which windows are openable and which are not, when i first played i left the mansion though the front door because i didn't know how to get out any other way

Well, this was all i could think of. Again, great work!!!

As I remember,

the window in the second floor is highlitable

. Or what do you mean with 'feedback'? And, GC? Haven´t I told you about the bathrooms? ;)

Last night I replayed the first mission. 2 hours? No, I spent almost 4 hours in there. But still I can´t find all the damn loot. Don´t know where to look! Still 100 missing! This makes me mad! (I know, I tend to overuse exclamation marks!) I must´ve played this mission 5 or 6 times now in a week! Please, tell me about some hard to find loot! Did I tell you that this makes me mad?

Mission 1 is so much fun to ghost, with John and one guard going everywhere.

Especially if you miss the second key on John.

But now I finally look into the second mission. I just looked into it last night and saw that the blacksmith is still blocking himself after the player grabs the key. (You haven´t tried to change that, GC, or did you? I´m just curious.)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more