The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

I recently ran the updater on the Win7 install but just tried again and the CMD window only just showed itself then disappeared. blink.gif I just downloaded a fresh copy of the updater and replaced the one in the DarkMod folder with it. I don't know if that causes a total update of all the files to take place again but it seems to be updating a LOT of files now. Will let you know how it works out. smile.gif

Well after the update finished was able to play some of the mission but the same problem of crashing is there when loading a save after having been playing for a while.

Not sure if this is of interest but used the sliders to brighten the screen while in game and the effect stayed present on my desktop after the game crashed. Had to reboot the PC to have it return to normal.

Yes, at least that's the crash I could reproduce and fix. The savegame load causes a call to MapShutdown(), which destroys all existing entities, which in turn issues calls to idPVS::FreeCurrentPVS (but only in cases if AI had been in searching mode before and/or the player saved a game when AI were still searching).

It's of course possible that there is another bug somewhere causing crashes, but I'm positive that most of the problems people were experiencing are resolved with this bug.

This is great work!

Is there a way you can put this sort of breakthrough as an announcement or banner at the top of the forum*? I think

this must explain a bunch of these crashes. And for the time being at least, people can more consciously try and save in the quiet, dark moments (as Fidcal referenced).

*Stickies don't really seem to work as well as a nice bit of color-clash announcement banner might.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Now that I'd finished, I thought I'd try to get my stats for anoott. I did complete it but it would always crash after "Mission Completed";

and I had to move on and get that bastard!

Anyway, I went back to my last save -- just back in the area where the inn is... and the ship and such (strange animation on those flag masts, btw, with the cross-spars (?) raising and lowering all ghostly-like) -- and opened up the console to look at some memory readings, active entities, what-have-yous. I couldn't get a reading on nuttin! There was a constant stream of

WARNING(S): idAASLocal::WalkPathToGoal: local routing minimum going from area 10232 (or 10270) to 10170 (or 10132)* to area 10230

Don't know if that helps.

The kind of crash I get after the "Mission Completed" is a mild DOOM3 Crashed "send / don't send" followed by 2 "memory could be written"s

*going too fast to catch which numbers wrapped from which.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

As well as experiencing the Doom crashes mentioned previous posts , in ANOTT I'm getting something I didn't in the first part Politics. That is a gradual slowing down of movement the longer I play until it all gets very sluggish and almost impossible to move around. Is there any way around this apart from playing in short sessions ?

As well as experiencing the Doom crashes mentioned previous posts , in ANOTT I'm getting something I didn't in the first part Politics. That is a gradual slowing down of movement the longer I play until it all gets very sluggish and almost impossible to move around. Is there any way around this apart from playing in short sessions ?

Out of curiosity, about how many AI did you alert, kill, blackjack?

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Can you tell me about....

In the second mission, there is a warehouse with a bunch of boxes, I was able to get to a box on the left side which cannot be lockpicked and I cannot locate the key. Any idea or hint where this key might be? Thanks.

CycloManiac!

Out of curiosity, about how many AI did you alert, kill, blackjack?

I think six. ( 4 blackjacked , 2 arrows ) .I always use that style of playing rather than stealth.

Edited by raymeld

First of all, im enjoying all of the challenges on this campaign so far (although i like the characters voice looked more like a bored office employee than a menacing night owl). But ive noted something that might be a glitch; im several occasions i note 2 or more AI crowed together facing each other as if having a conversation, yet no matter how much i try to trigger this possible "convo", none would speak a thing out of the usual AI "catchphrases". Is this how it was supposed to be?

rustmite

I don't remember that box needing a key. Try and to simply open it? If it doesn't work maybe this left/right thing has me confused... which NSEW direction is it in?

rustmite

I don't remember that box needing a key. Try and to simply open it? If it doesn't work maybe this left/right thing has me confused... which NSEW direction is it in?

OK, You enter the building, to the left take the elevator up, then you pull a couple of boxes out of the wall of boxes there, and crawl thru that hole, you find a trap door in the floor, open that and drop down and on the bootom under the trap door is a box against the wall with a lid that does not open with the lockpicks. This is opposite the side that has the straw bed on the floor. I will try again to just open it, but I am sure that I tried that already, I could be mistaken.

CycloManiac!

I think six. ( 4 blackjacked , 2 arrows ) .I always use that style of playing rather than stealth.

Hrm. It might be due to my custom AI code in mission (2/3). I can't think of any reason why it would affect your playing and not any of the betatesters.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Hi, i finished the campaign and I gotta say, it wreaks of awesome :P My favourite part was leading the zombies to where the group of guards were to kill them indirectly :D

I enjoyed it. I'll give it 8.5/10, an average for the campaign as a whole.

I tried doing that, but both the guards and zombies came after me only, they didn't turn on each other at all..

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Hrm. It might be due to my custom AI code in mission (2/3). I can't think of any reason why it would affect your playing and not any of the betatesters.

Thanks for your comments , perhaps I'll just fiddle around with a few settings .

the crash only seams to happen if you use the quicksave, if you just use normal save it doesn't crash as far as I know.

In my case I never had a single crash. For each mission I did one quicksave and one named save at the very start of the mission, followed by a second named save later into the mission. I quicksaved the rest of the time, and often. But I always kept the first named save untouched, right at the mission start so I could restart it any time without having to go through the the intro or difficulty choice.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Am I mistaken or did Mortem Desino help with this campaign?

Heck yes he did. I didn't do any mapping per say, but instead all the scripting, cutscenes, worked with custom sounds, massive work on optimization (you can pretty much blame him for NHAT performing more then 10fps).

you can pretty much blame him for NHAT performing about 10fps

Ah, but then he gets all the credit for the outstanding beauty! :P

well, him and all those that created those lovely, luxurious, luscious textures

Edited by aidakeeley

I really enjoy this campaign! Thank you for it! :)

But I have a "huge" problem. My savegames become big, it also takes 2-4 secs to save my game, and sometimes it even gets corrupted, Doom 3 freezes, then I cannot load my previously saved game. :(

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

Heck yes he did. I didn't do any mapping per say, but instead all the scripting, cutscenes, worked with custom sounds, massive work on optimization (you can pretty much blame him for NHAT performing about 10fps).

oh, so shouldn't his name be under the 'authors' section next to the mod on the darkmod wiki XD

If it's all the same to you, I might fix that so people know that his partly responsible for this cool fm :)

damn, mortem desino, your most welcome if you still want to help with my fm :P

Edited by Mr Lemony Fresh
18588.png

RailGun was also co-part-author.

Oszkár,

One thing that has been determined as a problem with crashing and saves is that you will likely have trouble if you save while the guards (or, I assume, anything/body) are on "alert" (searching or engaged in combat).

Try and save when things are "quiet".

That's all the help and recommendations that I can offer. Good luck.

Edited by aidakeeley