The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

Bah! As I feared, disabling the moon beams did not significantly improve the situation. My P4 3.0ghz is too weak for this map (I will keep a glimmer of hope that ATI will somehow reduce the CPU overhead for their OpenGL driver and and... grumble grumble... new PC :angry: )

For the curious, I went into the texture sfx01 pk4 file and renamed the "light_rays" items. I didn't think this was it initially because the call was to: textures/darkmod/sfx/moon_light_rays ... but I guess that reference is inside the "light_rays" file?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Quick question: In the second mission, I got into the City Watch building. How do I get out?

I have read the note under the table and grabbed that book (unless I'm mixing something up), but now I can't find a way out.

Please help! 

nbohr1more: What graphics card do you have again? Doesn't lowering screen resolution help a bit?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Quick question: In the second mission, I got into the City Watch building. How do I get out?

I have read the note under the table and grabbed that book (unless I'm mixing something up), but now I can't find a way out.

Please help!

same way you came in. mantle up the fireplace, and grab a beam.

I apologize for not speaking up sooner nbohr1more. NHAT 2/3 is running a very, very hefty custom AI script alongside the regular TDM AI code. That is why your CPU is struggling with the mission.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Thanks for the reply Mortem (I know your busy optimizing and all). Is the same true for NHAT 3/3? Also, would dmapping the map in my environment help maybe?

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

The AI script only runs in Mission 2.

As far as Dmapping, leave it as it is. I built and optimized so the levels could best utilize a specific shadowopt dmap compile (which your hardware probably couldn't handle).

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Gorgeous missions, large sprawling areas. I mean, large areas, not tiny cramped and full of loading zones. :blush:

One of the zombies from the pit managed to 'walk' up into the little room on the far right, when they were alerted and I had just jumped into that room. Waited a little bit, and it fell back down again... Zombies are scary, so this was fine mood enhancing. But perhaps not intentional? :laugh:

I noticed that blackjacking seems to get harder if the CPU is busier. Or framerate is low.

Anyway that was about 1.01. This campaign has beautiful environments, each nicely done.

a secret smuggler cave! Boat waiting on foggy shore to take his eminence to the pagans. Courtyard with archers.

• Like 1

Grrrr please help i'm stuck. In the 1st mission i'm at the prison under the church. at first i thought I could pick the cells but after using both lockpicks on the first door you come to, 1 half way then the next half way, it just clicks.. doesn't pick further. Now all the doors just click and not let me try to pick them.

So I ignored that and went for the cells by the Zombie Pit. Jumped from cell to cell looking for a key or other passage and find nothing. Fell in Zombie Pit a few times. The Zombies tell me I taste like chicken.

If those doors are supposed to be pickable and it's causing me to miss something important, then i'm sunk. if not.. could someone point me in the right direction? .. Don't tell just hint.

Thanks!

Edited by Dark Phoenix

Read yer readables...

Thanks but I'm still missing something..After re-reading the only note I found.. in the caves with the spiders, I searched all the skeletons I found in every accessible area of the cell block.. and on the other side of the pit .. only place I can't search is the zombie pit itself. I did not find the Key.

BTW.. this is my first time playing TDM.. someone in this thread mentioned arrows.. can I obtain arrows in the 1st mission?.. Does TDM have a screen to purchase items at the beginning that perhaps I missed?

Wait.. before anyone answers.. I will look again..

There are the two doors that i cannot access across from the pit, but I can't figure a way to reach them.. thought I could extend a mattress onto the overhanging door or something but I can't pick them up.

EDIT: I found it.. LOL.. Gee..I just wasn't looking good enough though I could swear I looked right there several times.

Thanks folks. I know better than that

Edited by Dark Phoenix

Finished this just before, combined total of maybe 4 and a half hours,

LOVED the rope arrow segments in Politics, I got stuck in that elevator shaft just past the zombies, because I was so used to NOT having to use rope arrows in the previous FM's.... they're really cool, and I think I'll be adding rope arrow segments to my FM at some point.

Er.. Don't tell me you need these "things" to go up the shaft cus that's where I am and I haven't got any.. they were not part of my default loadout equipment.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I am officially the TDM Forum Idiot. I expected to see weapons in the inventory area.. never once did I think to hit the number keys.. I have been playing this whole time wondering when I was gonna find a weapon. LOL.. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Edited by Dark Phoenix

Nevermind. I am officially the TDM Forum Idiot. I expected to see weapons in the inventory area.. never once did I think to hit the number keys.. I have been playing this whole time wondering when I was gonna find a weapon. LOL.. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Lol! I hope your finding NHAT/TDM fun!

Lol! I hope your finding NHAT/TDM fun!

Loving it !! On Mission 2 now. I think I picked a good one to de-virginize me.

Btw, that sniffing glue remark was a famous line from one of the greatest comedy movies ever - Airplane! I don't really sniff glue.

Check the system specs thread, I can even play this on my laptop :-)

I could use a hint for the Citywatch. It's the last thing I have to do before ending the mission.

Can't find a key and it don't wanna pick.

I failed this as well until I got help

there is a vine you can climb up on one of the walls

Er.. Morning folks.. yeah it's Me again..

I have to ask about this issue that others have noticed as well.

in mission 2 in the sewers at the end of the walkway (where the thieves are smuggling loot) there is a chest with a letter in it. That letter is blank. I thought this was a secret message in invisible ink, but holding it to a flame didn't reveal any message. I thought it may be a reply letter to the guy in the beginning of mission 1 who wrote this guy a letter. I'm in Mission 3 now and have yet to find the significance of this blank letter. Was this a glitch or will the contents of said letter be revealed in time?