The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

I downloaded a .zip file which contained all three .pk4 files. I extracted the .pk4 files and saw that part 1/3 showed up. Not knowing how Dark Mod handled campaigns, I figured once I completed 1/3, 2/3 would show up, but apparently that is not correct.

Perhaps I should rename the original .zip archive to .pk4?

-DS:12

--- Author of:

Tomb of Horrors (coming January 2011)

Questions:

1) You are on 1.02 correct?

2) Linux or Windows?

3) If Linux, all "lower case" names correct?

1) Yes, 1.02.

2) Windows XP service pack 3

3) I always use lower case...less wind resistance.

-DS:12

--- Author of:

Tomb of Horrors (coming January 2011)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to see any spoilers yet:

I got Bareson's letter, but it's blank. What should it actually say?

Also, if anyone has a slight hint about how to get into the Citywatch building, I could use it. Even just narrowing down where to look would help.

City Watch:

Look up.

Can´t remember the letter, sorry. But if it is the one I think about it´s nothing important in it, just

correspondence with an early found letter (at the hotel) about the thieves getting pressure from the CityWatch.

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Or, for a hint on how to get up there...

Vines (not to be confused with Vimes; that's another City Watch)

As for the letter, someone on here said that the wrong side of the paper is facing up, and that's why it's blank. If you rotate the paper to the other side, can you read it?

Edited by Tch

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to see any spoilers yet:

I got Bareson's letter, but it's blank. What should it actually say?

Also, if anyone has a slight hint about how to get into the Citywatch building, I could use it. Even just narrowing down where to look would help.

Apparently it's backwards, drop it and pick it back up or rotate it.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

So how the hell are you supposed to get OUT of the citywatch building? None of the doors highlighted, and I couldn't get high enough on anything to get back onto the rafters. I had to noclip out...did I miss something?

Also, I'm starting to feel a bit clueless, but where the heck is the Governor's place I'm supposed to find?

No, you have to find a way to get back up to the rafters and out the window like you came in. Can't remember how I did it, but I did.

The governor's place is

all the way back at the beginning of the map.

So how the hell are you supposed to get OUT of the citywatch building? None of the doors highlighted, and I couldn't get high enough on anything to get back onto the rafters. I had to noclip out...did I miss something?

Also, I'm starting to feel a bit clueless, but where the heck is the Governor's place I'm supposed to find?

It's a bit of work, but you can mantle back out, I did, took two tries.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I need someone to spell it out for me, I guess. I've gone back to the starting part of the city but none of the doors open. When I try to go the other direction from the inn, I reach an invisible wall which I assume means there's nothing that way. So where the heck is the Governor's place?

If you're hitting the invisible wall, then I'm guessing you

haven't triggered the objective to go back there yet. Have you been to the blind alley where there's a note pinned to the wall?

I am also in need of help, I got some objective about a pub, but in the street

Where the pub should be, I only found the "trap" waiting for me, but no pub. Is it somewhere else?

And then there is this empty warehouse with a lone city watch in it and a sleeping place. But nothing else. Huh?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

The pub is

the large building next door to the City Watch building.

The people inside aren't hostile toward you.

There are a couple of secrets in

the warehouse,

but one of them is locked with a key I couldn't find.

haven't triggered the objective to go back there yet. Have you been to the blind alley where there's a note pinned to the wall?

Yes, I've been there, and have the objective "go to the Governor's doorstep". But there's still an invisible wall there. Should I just noclip through it?

The mission should end when you get to that invisible wall. I don't think there's really anything on the other side. The next mission begins on the other side of that little corridor. Are there any other required mission objectives that haven't been met? If not, then I'd say just consider yourself to have finished the mission.

Ah, I don't think I've finished the loot requirement. That explains it. A good reminder why one should include an "when all other tasks are finished..." to objectives like that. <_<

I'm glad my anoott mission is providing players with long playthroughs and open-ended player involvement... it really was experimental, and although this is a bit of a shameless plug, I'm going to say it anyway: I'm dern proud of it, and it seems to be "working" (ie posters here seem to want to finish all the optional quests).

Though of course I suppose some ppl probably don't like this, I respect their opinion :).

Curious, has anyone here actually completed ALL of the optional objectives, or found all the loot?

Ah, I don't think I've finished the loot requirement. That explains it. A good reminder why one should include an "when all other tasks are finished..." to objectives like that. <_<

D'OH, good point!

I didn't feed the homeless guy. I was looking for some special food that would go into my inventory. I didn't think I'd have to pick up some food and carry it out in front of me, back to him...

Gold, is this trilogy of FMs supposed to be the first of many parts? I just finished the last mission, and it seems that the player has several things to do. Mainly,

the player found evidence that Archibald was poisoned by the Archbishop.Then you get out of the forest, and the mission ends.

So, what now? Is this storyline continued anywhere? 

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm glad my anoott mission is providing players with long playthroughs and open-ended player involvement... it really was experimental, and although this is a bit of a shameless plug, I'm going to say it anyway: I'm dern proud of it, and it seems to be "working" (ie posters here seem to want to finish all the optional quests).

Though of course I suppose some ppl probably don't like this, I respect their opinion :).

Curious, has anyone here actually completed ALL of the optional objectives, or found all the loot?

D'OH, good point!

Really great campaign you made here. The 2nd mission was a lot of fun. It reminded me of the great open, bustling city in Broken Triad.

One quick question about the 3rd mission:

The rope arrow that you find in the show room, does it have many uses in the mission?I only found 1 use for it and that was getting back out of the basement. Was quite cool to shut the doors, shoot the rope, grab it, then open the doors again. A nice lift out :)

I managed to complete all the optional objectives but never found all the loot on any of the missions :o

Luckily I found the way into the guards quarters on first glance but the warehouse was a real ruddy nuisance!!

Took around 20 minutes to find the crate. I hope the smuggler gave his friend directions because he could be there all night looking for an empty box :D

Maybe someone could do a loot list? I noticed I was significantly off the total loot in missions 2 and 3.

Also I don't think a solution was given for the crying baby window so here's how I got in:

Open the door from the warehouse and mantle on top of it. From there you can jump on to the porch overhang on the house opposite. Then it's an easy jump onto the wooden platform below the window.

Edited by Soulie