The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

That alley is blocked at the start (invisible walls leave a bad taste in my mouth but they're used sometimes). Go the other way.

In the third episode I have two problems

One is that I can't find the Basement Vault despite looking all over the ground floor and getting the padlock key in the cellar

but a more serious one is that I have completed all the objectives except for the second piece of evidence

EDIT Ignore the second piece of evidence I forgot to pick up

the poison chalice :blush:

Edited by Oldjim

• 1 year later...

In the third mission I found something odd.

While searching for more evidence inside his room, when I tried to blindly frob something on the table there was this 'clunk' sound.. I eventually tracked the exact point where I could frob to make the clunk sound:

pontosecreto.jpg

I couldn't see anything opening nearby, though.

Yeah I heard that too but I can't see any kind of lever or button there. WAY too hidden if it's supposed to be one. Can't tell what it does either. :huh:

Can someone take pity on a player who is obviously missing something obvious. :blush:

In the third mission where is the entrance to the

Basement Vault

I think I must have been in every room at least 10 times without finding anything

Read this to see where hidden vault is:

There is a 'hidden' outline of a door in the NW corner of the basement near 3 stacked barrels (as the following pic shows via the compass). There's a button on the bottom of the post:

post-13224-0-94727200-1357716871_thumb.jpg

Once you press the button you'll see the wall move up showing a doorway:

post-13224-0-35001800-1357716873_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikenowo

No Honour Among Theives isn't available from the in-game downloader, as it is three missions zipped into a single package (it was built before TDM supported campaigns so had to be put together manually)

Hi everyone.

I've been playtesting the updated No Honor Among Thieves campaign all day today, and there doesn't seem to be too many bugs. Also, it currently utilizes the new "campaign stringing" feature of the latest itieration of TDM, so you can play it like a real campaign. No reloading separate mission files, you just finish one mission, then it moves you to the next. I had the odd sensation of playing a Thief 1 campaign while doing so, was very cool.

I think I can get this out and released in a few days. Maybe by next week we should have a release?

Hi everyone.

I've been playtesting the updated No Honor Among Thieves campaign all day today, and there doesn't seem to be too many bugs. Also, it currently utilizes the new "campaign stringing" feature of the latest itieration of TDM, so you can play it like a real campaign. No reloading separate mission files, you just finish one mission, then it moves you to the next. I had the odd sensation of playing a Thief 1 campaign while doing so, was very cool.

I think I can get this out and released in a few days. Maybe by next week we should have a release?

Look forward to it! :D

• 4 weeks later...

The first map is a good start for sure, I had to get upto the cathedral which required some fun roping and then the actual cathedral was ok, Not the best but certaintly what I would expect it to be like, rather simple layout and practical, with really tall walls. The loot wasn't to hard, even the part with the rafters. The challenge with all these torches was fairly up there especially for the stairs, and I can say its shaping up to a really good series.

NHAT2 A much better mission series than I expected, some really nice level design and a quite a few tough places to get through like those 2 guards outside the Broken Sword Inn and the optional objective of getting the food when those guards storm the place, how inconvenient! I have to use my flash bombs :) I like the optional objectives apart from having to get inside the Town Guard, I swear its impossible to get up into the window that I'm sure you we can.

NHAT 3 was a favourite although the outside area lags it does look great and sound so... peaceful.

until you find all the ghouls

Having to get from side to side of the mansion was quite a job, especially with the keys although it did flow smoothly. Once again a fair challenge, & something to think about as we get to the end.

The objectives say I need 2 pieces of evidence that it was Archibold behind the murder. I found one from Nathans stash lockbox. I was a bit puzzled because I had already gone through the mansion but then i remember the letter from brother Atticus & Archibold but for some reason I can't pick it up! eventhough its the only other piece of evidence in the map that I need to get... So the missions ends for me on a sour note but I had fun none the less.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to the Dark Mod, I have played a few maps already, but I just played these missions and I just have to say I truly enjoyed playing them. Everything was just so well done and very detailed and the voiceovers really felt like Thief.

First mission: OMG this was so well done. It was linear but linear can be good if done well and this was done very well. It reminded me of Half Life in that it had great pacing as you traveled though varied environments. The zombie prison was very atmospheric and spooky and the big pit was terrifying if a little frustrating. And then the cathedral itself was just beautiful with some amazing architecture. Guards had interesting behaviors and the lighting was well placed to provide a good but not too difficult challenge, it seemed very fair and I want to try replaying this on hard with no reloads someday. This was probably my favorite of the three missions, I don't have much to say about it but it was just so smooth and fun to play through.

Second mission: Basically the opposite of the first one but still really good! A big sprawling city, it reminded me of Life of the Party from Thief 2. Lots of different places to go and things to do. Which is why it kind of frustrated me that there were no rope arrows to search the roofs and that there seemed to be some invisible walls to keep me from climbing. At one point I was on the roof of the tavern near the balcony and there was just a big invisible wall over the center of the roof for some reason. But I don't want to complain, this mission was awesome. There was so much visual detail and everything looked really good. Especially that big ship in the beginning though it caused me to lag near it. The sounds were great too, I could tell a lot of custom soundwork went into this, it made it feel like a really believable city. I was laughing my ass off at the drunk conversation near the tavern. Taffer is such a versatile euphemism. I liked being able to explore what I wanted and was able to even complete some optional objectives before I had the quest for it, I approached the sewer while trying to find the fence and the thief (I guess we can't call him "Garrett") said "Hmm there's probably something interesting down there" and sure enough there was. Though I never did find the food for the homeless guy. Extremely cool and beautiful mission.

Third mission: Another beautiful one that forest in the beginning, while kind of laggy, was very big and atmospheric. There were several things to explore and I liked the graveyard in particular, it was a confusing scene at first but after you went through the mansion and read everything you understood what was going on. I don't want to spoil it but after reading the letters throughout the mission I knew I had to head back to the graveyard one last time for something important. I liked the pagan 'subplot' as well. Getting into the mansion was pretty cool though I had a terrifying moment when I got surprised by a torch-wielding guard in a dead end in the basement, though a quick water arrow took care of him. The inside was well designed and quite non linear. I liked the electric light switches which rewarded you for scoping out the room before trying to sneak in and I liked the variety of floors as well. The guards were well placed too but that torch guy in the basement killed me a few times. I never figured out what the padlock key or rope arrow (from the showroom) were for but I was able to complete every objective so good enough for me. Overall I prefer the first two but this was still a very nice mansion heist with a bonus huge forest to add a somber and mysterious mood.

Thanks for making these. I am loving the Dark Mod and these missions just exemplify how fun it can be to play. Though the other missions I have played were great fun as well. But with all the detail and effort that went into this, it feels like commercial quality to me.

• Like 2

Hi everyone.

Wondering if this was done or if I should go ahead and just download it again as is? Can't find a post that says one way or the other.

We are ridiculously close to release... it will be worth the wait.

So far we have...

New graphics.

Bugfixes.

Massively improved performance (double, and triple in areas).

Re recorded ALL the custom voice overs.

Campaign stringing/item carryover.

It'll be worth it!

Soon...

• Like 4

Thanks for the nod. I really love this campaign and want to be able to play it more smoothly so my involvement is mostly

for selfish reasons. :wub:

(Though I hardly see my work as important as Biker's mapping, Tels' SEED contributions to the Forest, or Mortems many innovations on showcase here. )

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...